This Industrial Lubricants market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Industrial Lubricants market.
The global industrial lubricants market is primarily driven by increasing adoption of complex machinery and tools in various industries. Industrials in the manufacturing sector are constantly in a hunt to boost their output efficiency by enhancing productivity and minimizing downtime, sustaining the revenue pool of market players.
Rising stringency in regulatory framework is influencing market players to shift towards bio-based industrial lubricants that, apart from environmental benefits, offer better lubrication and viscosity.
Manufacturers are turning to sustainability measures such as reuse and recycling of industrial lubricants. Moreover, lubricant manufacturers are offering onsite and offsite recycling equipment and services to their end users.
Global Industrial Lubricants Market – Growth Drivers
Construction sector is the leading consumer of industrial lubricants. The growing infrastructural development in emerging economies is anticipated to fuel the industrial lubricants sales.
Hydraulic fluid is the main product type used in the construction industry in lubrication of heavy load equipment, as it relative cheaper compared to other lubricants.
Moving ahead, the automobile industry is also offering potential revenue prospects for industrial lubricant manufacturers. Umpteen benefits of industrial lubricants such as high durability, corrosion protection and high electrical resistance is boosting their usage in the automotive sector.
Several end-use industries such as the food processing industry are gradually Involving advanced technologies including, artificial intelligence (AI), and automation, imply greater indulgence of machines, thus, auguring well for industrial lubricants market.
Global Industrial Lubricants Market - Growth Restraints
Synthetic lubricants are major threat to environment, as such governments in various countries are imposing bans against their usage. Majority of industrial lubricants are byproducts of petrochemicals, disposal of which leads to water pollution. Moreover, decline in automotive production in countries such as the US, and China are likely to affect the demand growth of industrial lubricants in the near future.
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Industrial Lubricants Market
The COVID-19 pandemic has taken a toll on global economy, bringing it back to single-digit growth. The global stock market is continuously falling. All countries have shifted their resources towards healthcare sector and for R&D of vaccines for treating COVID-19. Government-imposed nationwide lockdowns have curtailed the production and shutdown (in worst cases) of manufacturing units in severely affected countries.
Less usage of machinery is resulting in reduced demand for industrial lubricants from myriads of end-use sectors. Subsequent downfall in construction industries across various nations, are further adding fuel to the fire.
Until the situation improvises, infrastructural development from private and government sectors will remain at a halt in near future.
Global Industrial Lubricants Market - Regional Analysis
Asia Pacific (APAC) continues to hold leading share in industrial lubricants market, owing to well-established construction and automobile industries in China, Japan, and India. Further, surging manufacturing output and increasing industrialization in these are offering conducive breeding grounds for market players.
North America is also reflecting value-creation opportunities to industrial lubricant manufacturers, owing to expanding oil and gas industry in this region.
The US alone houses about 9,000 independent oil and gas power plants. Demand for industrial lubricants is increasing in drilling and exploration activities in the regional oil & gas industry.
Global Industrial Lubricants Market - Competitive Landscape
The global industrial lubricant market is fragmented in nature. Companies are highly investing upon R&D activities to shape competitive landscape.
- ExxonMobil Corp has launched FuelCell carbon capture technology that has capacity to lower emission from exhaust streams, power plants, refineries and chemical plants.
- Fuchs Group has launched RENOCLEAN AIR series to control dust production in the mining sector.
Prominent players in the market includes
- ExxonMobil Corp.
- Fuchs Group
- The Lubrizol Corp.
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Phillips 66
- Lucas Oil Products Inc.
- Amsoil, Inc.
- Bel-Ray Co. Inc
- Total S.A, Kluber Lubrication
- Valvoline International, Inc.
- Chevron Corp.
- Clariant, Quaker Chemical Corp.
- Zeller+Gmelin GmbH & Co KG
- Houghton International, Inc.
- Castrol, Blaser Swisslube, Inc.
- Calumet Specialty Product Partners L.P.
- Petronas Lubricant International
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Industrial Lubricants Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Industrial Lubricants Market - Segmentation
The global industrial lubricants market is segmented on the basis of following
By Base Oil
- Mineral Oil
- Synthetic Oil
- Bio-based Oil
By Product type
- Hydraulic fluid
- Metalworking fluid
- Gear Oil
- Compressor Oil
- Turbine Oil
- Transformer Oil
- Refrigeration Oil
- Textile Machinery Lubricants
By End-use Industry
- Metal & Mining
- Cement Production
- Power Generation
- Automotive (Vehicle Manufacturing)
- Oil & Gas
- Food Processing
- Pulp & Paper
- Marine (Deck Manufacturing)
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Industrial Lubricants Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Industrial Lubricants Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Industrial Lubricants Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Industrial Lubricants Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.