Industrial Electronics Packaging Market - Key Research Findings
- Global industrial electronics packaging market size in 2018 – Over US$ 1.5 Bn
- The global industrial electronics packaging market is expected to witness a CAGR of 4.1% during the forecast period, 2019-2029.
- The growth of the industrial electronics packaging market in a region is observed to be closely related to the production of industrial electronics in that particular region.
- Rigid packaging formats are most preferred when it comes to packaging of industrial electronics, and currently account for more than 90% of industrial electronics packaging consumption.
- Among the various rigid packaging formats, corrugated boxes led the charts, followed by containers & shippers, in the year 2018.
- Corrugated boxes will demonstrate highly promising growth potential in the global industrial electronics packaging market
- These boxes are used to accommodate products of different shapes and sizes.
- Moreover, they protect against potential damages during transit and have high-impact resistance.
- North America is expected to remain the most prominent regional market for industrial electronics packaging.
- North American market is expected to hold significant growth opportunities for the industrial electronics packaging market during the forecast period.
- Established electronics industry, growth rate of electronics production, and growing demand for durable, impact-resistant, yet cost-effective packaging solutions are expected to bolster the demand for industrial electronics packaging during the period of forecast.
- The US is expected to maintain dominance in terms of market share, while Canada is projected to register a steady CAGR during the forecast period.
- South Asia represents remunerative growth potential for the industrial electronics packaging market. The flourishing consumer electronics industry in emerging countries has been constantly boosting the demand for reliable industrial electronics packaging solutions.
- India’s industrial electronics packaging market is expected to expand 1.7X over 2019-2029.
- Malaysia is expected to be a prominent market in the South Asian industrial electronics packaging market in terms of market share and incremental $ opportunity.
Top 3 Factors Shaping the Industrial Electronics Packaging Market
Evolving Electronics Industry to Bolster the Demand for Efficient Packaging
The burgeoning demand for high-performance, flexible circuits has resulted in hike in the demand for PCBs, ICs, and other electronic components. Tier 1 manufacturers operating in the industrial electronics industry have observed a sharp increase in the demand from both, developed and developing countries.
Moreover, research underlines that nearly 33% of electronic components get damaged due to lack of suitable packaging solutions, which signals the need for efficient packaging solutions that have been specifically designed for electronic devices and components. This factor will foster adoption of industrial electronics packaging solutions.
Use of Advanced Packaging Material for Industrial Electronics Packaging
When electronic components are packed together, static electricity is generated between them due to electrostatic induction, which can cause potential damage to packaged components. Therefore, ESD packaging solutions are used to protect ESD-prone electrical and electronic components during storage and transit. ESD packaging is the ideal protective packaging solution for the packaging of industrial electronics, as it eliminates the possibility of damage due to the generation of static charge in them.
However, manufacturers of industrial electronics packaging are using innovative materials, such as new static dissipative thermoplastics, to achieve superior packaging solutions for the industrial electronics industry. This material contains polymeric materials and carbon black that produce a constant and multiphase thermoplastics composite with highly consistent electrical and mechanical properties.
Device Miniaturization to Accelerate Demand for Individual Pack Sizes
Manufacturers of industrial electronics are leveraging their expertise across a wide range of manufacturing technologies to be competitive, which has pushed the demand for cutting-edge, lighter, and faster devices. With each new generation of electronic devices, consumers expect to receive more and more features in the smaller package than the one they already possess.
Manufacturers are focusing more on the research & development of new manufacturing technologies for micro-scale components. The overall scenario will benefit industrial electronics packaging manufacturers, as the miniature devices will need more individual pack sizes for storage and transport.
Industrial Electronics Packaging Market Structure Analysis
- The global industrial electronics packaging market is classified on the basis of three-tier analysis, where tier-1 companies hold a prominent market share, and hold strong presence across the globe.
- A few of the leading companies operating in the industrial electronics packaging market include DS Smith Plc., Smurfit Kappa Group Plc., and Sealed Air Corporation.
- Most of the key players in the global industrial electronics packaging landscape are based out of the US or Europe, as electronics production is high in these regions.
- Moreover, it has been observed that, a majority of the organized players operating in the global industrial electronics packaging market are focusing on strategic M&A activities to broaden their product portfolios, to eventually strengthen the global foothold in industrial electronics packaging market.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Digitalization for All-weather Packaging – Big Picture Rendering Future of the Market
An upsurge in demand for fragile and sensitive industrial electronic products in various end-user industries will continue to prevail, giving rise to the need for all-weather protective packaging. Manufacturers will leverage increasing growth of the Internet of Things (IoT) market to stay ahead of the curve with the advent of fourth industrial revolution. The ongoing trend of digitalization will continue to transform the packaging industry, expanding the scope for implementing the IoT technology for offering sophisticated industrial electronics packaging solutions.
Replacing Plastic as a Packaging Material—Not-so-low Hanging Fruits
The world is developing intolerance to plastic with growing awareness about the negative environmental impacts of plastic pollution. With plastic being banned in most countries, market players are aiming to shift from plastic to paper-based packaging materials in industrial electronics packaging solutions. However, the performance characteristics of plastic are unmatched by any other alternatives, which is likely to translate into the steadily increasing adoption of plastic in the industrial electronics packaging market.
North America will Maintain the Lead with South Asia Creating New Growth Opportunities
North America is expected to hold nearly one-third revenue share of the industrial electronics packaging market with the United States registering remunerative growth in consumption of packaging products. Ever-growing demand for next-generation electronic products in North America’s industrial landscape will continue to enhance sales potential of industrial electronics packaging in the region.
Meanwhile, South Asia’s electronics industry and increasing growth of the industrial sector in India and ASEAN countries will generate new sales opportunities for manufacturers in the region.
What Does it Mean for Manufacturers?
Rigid packaging solutions will continue to remain high in demand in the industrial electronics packaging market with the high suitability of corrugated boxes, containers, and shippers as a packaging types of industrial electronic products. Innovations in flexible packaging materials is expected to emerge as an important trend in the market as bags & pouches are steadily increasing in popularity among end-users. Albeit small, the revenue share of flexible industrial electronics packaging solutions will increase steadily in the upcoming years.
By Product Type
- Testing & Measuring Equipment
- Process Control Equipment
- Industrial Controls
- Power Electronics
- Industrial Automation Equipment
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Poly Vinyl chloride (PVC)
- Paper & Paperboard
By Packaging Type
- Corrugated boxes
- containers & shippers
- Protective packaging
- Bins & totes
- Bags & Pouches
- Tapes & Labels
- Films & Others
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa