Industrial Paper Sacks Market Analysis: Unbleached Industrial Paper Sacks to Remain Dominant in Terms of Market Share
The global industrial paper sacks market was valued at more than US$ 5.1 Bn in 2017. The industrial paper sacks market is forecast to expand at a CAGR of 4.9% during the forecast period, 2018-2028.
Industrial paper sacks are shipping bags usually made of kraft virgin fiber and are used for transporting dry powdered or granular materials such as flour, cement, and animal feed among others.
Industrial paper sacks are made with several layers of heavy-duty kraft paper to provide strength. Plastic films are often coated on industrial paper sacks to make them moisture resistant. Industrial paper sacks are available with a sewed open mouth, pinched bottom mouth, valve, and open mouth sack.
Reinforcements are added to industrial paper sacks for better strength. Manufacturers prefer industrial paper sacks as they are sustainable solutions for industrial packaging. Industrial paper sacks are designed to provide the required amount of stacking, as well as tear and rupture resistance.
Industrial paper sacks are available in bleached and unbleached grades. Unbleached grade industrial paper sacks are expected to witness a positive growth, registering a CAGR of 5.0% during the forecast period.
The manufacturing process of unbleached industrial paper sacks uses less primary energy and contributes less to the depletion of non-renewable resources than plastic sacks.
The Building & Construction Industry to Provide Remunerative Opportunities for the Growth of Industrial Paper Sacks Market
Escalating demand from the building and construction industry is driving the growth of the global industrial paper sacks market. The demand for cement has increased to a significant level in the emerging economies due to rapid urbanization and the growth of industrial as well as manufacturing sectors.
Tremendous production of cement will increase the demand for its packaging. As a result, the demand for industrial paper sacks is expected to propel. The demand for industrial paper sacks in the building & construction industry is expected to outgrow the demand for plastic sacks due to the rising concerns about environmental pollution.
Industrial paper sacks offer optimum strength and good material handling during storage and transportation. Plastic sacks dominate the cement packaging market in many countries, but it is expected that plastic sacks may lose significance during the forecast period due to the introduction of high-quality industrial paper sacks.
Industrial paper sacks benefit from lower cost and higher filling speed than polyethylene sacks. The increased demand for high-filling speeds has led to the growth of porous sack papers.
High-porosity industrial paper sacks when exposed to filling systems face less strain and offer lower sack breakage. The air escapes from the porous industrial paper sacks and the size of the sacks can be reduced by 4-10%. Industrial paper sacks reduce dusting while filling to ensure cleaner sacks.
Inclination Towards Sustainable Packaging to Boost Sales of Industrial Paper Sacks
Consumer preference for paper sacks is expected to drive the global industrial paper sacks market during the forecast period. Manufacturers are inclining towards sustainable and packaging solutions such as industrial paper sacks.
Industrial paper sacks made from kraft paper have an enhanced porosity of 30% which results in filling speed that is three times higher than plastic sacks. Taking the limitations of industrial paper sacks into consideration, manufacturers are developing sacks that provide the advantages of plastic sacks along with the properties of paper sacks.
As plastic sacks are often used for transportation and storage of materials in unsuitable climatic conditions, manufacturers are developing rain-safe industrial paper sacks.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Industrial Paper Sacks Market: Recent Developments
- Recently, Mondi Group manufactured a sustainable hybrid bag that offers the advantages of a plastic sack. Knauf, a leading producer of building materials collaborated with Mondi Group for the development of these hybrid bags. Conventional industrial paper sacks when exposed to direct rain absorb water and may weaken, thus, damaging the contents. Handling industrial paper sacks becomes difficult in harsh conditions and the shelf life of the packaged product gets affected. To overcome this, hybrid bags can be employed. The outer layer of the bag is made of polyethylene, allowing the sack to be stored outdoors. Hybrid bags are suitable for storing building & construction materials such as cement and gypsum. The bag’s polyethylene film has anti-slip properties which ensure safe handling during shipping.
- In March 2018, BillerudKorsnas AB launched a new dissolvable paper sack, i.e. D-sack. It can be used for the packaging of cement and other building materials. It is a dissolvable sack that can be disintegrated in the mixer and bio-based carbon is mixed in the construction material itself.
- Gascogne SA, has introduced a product range (Hybris), which combines the advantages of two different materials. The sack constitutes of traditional paper with a plastic appearance on the outside. Thus, it increases printing finish as well as ensures that the bag will remain intact during the filling process. The product range exists in different sizes and features such as a valve, pinch-bottom, SOS sacks, or open mouth.
By grade type, the unbleached segment of the industrial paper sacks market was valued at more than US$ 3.5 Bn in the year 2017. The pinched bottom open mouth segment of the industrial paper sacks market is anticipated to be the most lucrative segment in the global industrial paper sacks market and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period.
Industrial Paper Sacks Market: Competitive Landscape
The key players considered in the report on the industrial paper sacks market are Mondi Group plc, Smurfit Kappa Group Plc, Klabin SA, WestRock Company, BillerudKorsnäs AB, Gascogne SA, LC Packaging International BV, Simpac Ltd., Edna Group, Essentra Plc., Rosenflex UK Ltd, Novolex Holdings, Inc., Bischof & Klein GmbH & Co. KG, Industrial Development Company sal (Indevco), Segezha Group, Rengo Co., Ltd, Conitex Sonoco Inc., and Forum Packaging Ltd. among others. Many local and unorganized players are expected to contribute to the global industrial paper sacks market during the forecast period.
Key Segments Covered in the Industrial Paper Sacks Market
By Product Type
- Sewn-Open Mouth
- Pinched-Bottom Open Mouth
- Valve Sacks
- Open-Mouth Sacks
- 1 ply
- 2 ply
- 3 ply
- >3 ply
By End Use
- Building & Construction
- Agriculture & Allied Industries
- Fruits & Veg
- Animal Feed
- Other Industrial
Key Regions Covered in the Industrial Paper Sacks Market
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- NORDIC Countries
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APACEI)
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of APACEI
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Northern Africa
- Rest of MEA