MDPE Bottles: Overview
MDPE combines the characteristics of low and high density polyethylene. Flexibility of MDPE bottles are more than MDPE. MDPE bottles are ideally used for liquid storage tanks such as oil tanks and water butts. The packaging of low quantity chemicals and drugs for household and over-the-counter applications are done in the MDPE bottles. Due to the higher abrasion and chemical resistance, these resist strong acids and alkalis, and are less susceptible to surge shocks. Therefore, MDPE bottles are also highly preferred to store chemical products and are used in gas pipes, sacks, fittings, shrink film etc. The translucent property makes them a more considerable packaging format due to the need for highest modulus and lowest permeability.
MDPE Bottles: Dynamics
The global packaging industry has undergone substantial transformation in the last few decades. High demand for variety in capacities and shapes has enabled strong competition in design-level innovations. Furthermore, increase in demand for products such as MDPE, creates opportunities for growth in the global MDPE injection and blow-molded containers market. In addition, MDPE has excellent drop and shock resistant feature and have better stress cracking resistance than HDPE, which is why it is preferred over HDPE bottles. Cake decorators also prefer MDPE bottles for piping icing and then storing the leftovers which saves a lot of wastage. All these factors helps in driving the MDPE bottles market globally.
Moreover, MDPE bottles are highly recyclable and the process of recycling is very efficient as compared to other plastics. Due to the manufacturing of MDPE bottles from recycled materials, the dependency on the price of raw material decreases and manufacturers can offer low-cost MDPE bottles to end-user industries.
However, the global push for reducing the use of plastic has resulted in stringent laws regarding the same. Production processes are carefully monitored, especially in Europe. Therefore, the growth in the regional MDPE injection and blow molding containers market is expected to be below the optimum rate.
MDPE Bottles: Regional Overview
The growth in demand for MDPE containers in emerging economies such as countries in China, India and Africa is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for growth. Also, since the production of containers from MDPE is cost-effective, it is expected to enjoy high preference in these countries.
MDPE Bottles: Key Players
Some of the key players & suppliers in the MDPE market are as follows:
- Trimurti Plast Containers Private Limited
- Qihai Technology Co., Ltd.
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Amcor Limited
- RPC Group Plc
MDPE Bottles: Key Developments
Some of the key developments in the global MDPE bottles market are as follows:
- In May 2017, Amcor Rigid Plastics announced the expansion of its specialty container business in Latin America with the acquisition of Columbia’s Plasticos Team S.A.S. from Team Foods Columbia, a national food producer.
- In 2017, RPC Group Plc acquired Astrapak, a South Africa-based manufacturer of molded and thermoformed plastic packaging.
- In December 2016, Berk Company, LLC announced the acquisition of assets of VPI packaging and expanded O Berk’s position as a premier packaging source in personal care market.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the global MDPE bottles market. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors along with MDPE bottles market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on MDPE bottles market segments and geographies.
MDPE Bottles: Segmentation
On the basis of bottle capacity, MDPE bottles can be segmented as:
- Below 25 ounce
- 26-90 ounce
- 91-150 ounce
- Above 150 ounce
On the basis of neck type, MDPE bottles can be segmented as:
- Narrow Mouth
- Wide Mouth
On the basis of shape, MDPE bottles can be segmented as:
On the basis of end use, MDPE bottles can be segmented as:
- Food & Beverages
- Dairy Products
- Cake Decoration
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- Homecare & Toiletries
MDPE Bottles Market: Report Highlights
- A detailed overview of the parent market of MDPE bottles
- Changing market dynamics in the MDPE bottles industry
- In-depth segmentation of MDPE bottles market
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in MDPE bottles market
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered in the MDPE bottles market.
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.