This Micro Display market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Micro Display market.
Global Micro Display Market: Introduction
The market for Micro Displays is anticipated to witness healthy double digit growth rates in near future. A significant factor driving the market being increased adoption of near-to-eye devices. A Micro Display is a basically a compact sized display with a diagonal of nearly two inch length. These displays owing to their compact size and high resolution find application in numerous industry verticals such as electronics, military, automotive, medical and many more, automotive being the most important one. Also, the market growth is further fuelled by the increasing demand for multi-purpose helicopters. Multi-purpose helicopters are continuously gaining traction in military sector due to their enhanced capabilities. As a result, the adoption of Micro Displays is expected to increase in near future.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Increasing adoption of augmented reality devices and near to eye devices and numerous benefits is the major factor driving the growth of Micro Displays market. The near to eye display devices such as head mounted displays, head up displays, electronic view finders, find critical applications in automotive sector. Moreover, the augmented reality devices market is witnessing large adoption in industrial applications such as in warehouse management, inspection activities, maintenance activities and to provide on-job training to field workers. Also, the head mounted displays are used in gaming and entertainment devices. Also, the Micro Displays offers numerous benefits such as high resolution, compact sizes, user-configurable technology, low-power consumption, high contrast ratio and high pixel density which are the most important features for smart glasses, smart watches, smart bands and many more. Thus, the Micro Displays market finds strong growth potential in different industry verticals such as automotive, gaming and entertainment.
However, low picture quality at high temperatures and high costs involved are the factors which can thwart the market growth for micro-displays market. However, the on-going research and development is anticipated to eliminate these shortcoming and entry of numerous market players is expected to decline price of Micro Displays market.
Global Micro Display Market: Segmentation
Global micro display market is segmented on the basis of technology, application and region.
On the basis of technology, the global micro display market can be segmented into LCD, DLP, OLED and others.
On the basis of application, the global micro display market can be segmented into industrial, consumer, defense, commercial, and medical, education, automotive, and military & aerospace.
Global Micro Display Market: Competition Landscape
The key vendors in the global micro display market are eMagin Corporation, Universal Display Corporation, Micron Technology Inc., LG Display Co. Ltd, Sony Corporation, Kopin Corporation, Yunnan OLiGHTEK Opto-Electronic Technology Co., Ltd., Seiko Epson Corporation and Syndiant.
In May 2017, BOE and OLiGHTEK formed a joint venture with an aim to manufacture OLED Micro Displays for Virtual and Augmented Reality Markets.
Global Micro Display Market: Regional Outlook
Regionally, the global Micro Display market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa (MEA), Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) and Japan.
The North America is the largest contributor to micro display market owing to high focus on innovations obtained from Research and Development (R&D). Asia Pacific is however anticipated to witness highest CAGR owing to increasing number of market players. North America, followed by Europe, is the second largest contributor to the market and is expected to witness moderate CAGR in near future.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Micro Display Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Micro Display Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Micro Display Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Micro Display Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Micro Display Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.