This Microserver Ic market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Microserver Ic market.
A microserver is a small server appliance which is based on a system on a chip (SoC). Most of the server motherboard functions are integrated on a single microchip, except DRAM, boot FLASH and power circuits. Thus, the main chip contains more than only compute cores, caches, memory interfaces and PCI controllers.
Microservers offers benefits such as low power and space consumption, distributed resources and scale out workloads that use large numbers of lightweight server nodes. Major application areas of microservers include media storage and Internet data center, especially for applications such as lightweight web serving, simple content delivery nodes, and low-end dedicated hosting.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
In recent years, microservers have emerged as a popular choice for small- to medium-sized businesses that need a server but not necessarily a full-scale rack or tower server. Additionally, microservers are adopted by enterprises that operate with minimal IT staff at local or branch offices.
Presently, microservers are well positioned across an array of business sizes along with data centers and cloud companies, especially for those with specific functional or application requirements. Microservers market is in the nascent stage of growth and the current trend towards adoption of software-defined datacenters is expected to open potential opportunity for low-powered simple servers in large quantities.
Major factors responsible for fuelling the demand for microservers are — growth of the web and online services, and increasing demand for computer systems that excels only some at specific tasks
Currently, media storage is the biggest application area in terms of microserver adoption. Therefore, growth of microserver IC market is driven by factors such as continuous growth of digital content increasing popularity of video-on-demand (VOD) content, propagation of high-definition (HD) videos and various other interactive applications and the growth in user-generated content.
Additionally, factors such as growth of cloud computing, big data, single application and dedicated high-scale consumers will boost the microserver IC market growth during the forecast period. Enterprises are allocating significant share of their budgets for microservers and an appreciable portion of these investments are expected to flow into the Microserver IC market.
However, the growth of microserver IC market is expected to be hampered by factors such as limitations related to moderate computing capabilities, lack of standards, high cost and ambiguity about workload capacity and management.
Limitations notwithstanding, microservers have made significant inroads in certain fields as their advantages have solidified.
Microserver IC market is mainly classified on the basis of components, processor type, application area and regions.
On the basis of component, microserver IC market is segmented into hardware, software and services.
On the basis of processor type, microserver IC market is segmented into Intel, ARM, and AMD.
On the basis of application area, the market is segmented as media storage, Internet data centers, analytics, cloud computing, and others.
Key Market Players
The major players in the microserver IC market include of Intel Corporation, ARM Holdings, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), Cavium Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP, Dell and Applied Micro Circuits Corporation.
Many prominent microserver manufacturers, such as Intel Corporation, Dell and HPE, are in the game and their efforts are helping drive advances in microserver technology.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Microserver Ic Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of regions, the market is segmented into 7 key regions:
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Microserver IC Market Segments
- Microserver IC Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2015 - 2016
- Microserver IC Market Size & Forecast 2017 To 2027
- Ecosystem Analysis
- Microserver IC Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain Analysis
- Microserver IC Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Microserver IC market includes development of these technologies in the following regions:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Western Europe
- Rest of the Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of the Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Rest of APEJ
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Microserver Ic Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Microserver Ic Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Microserver Ic Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Microserver Ic Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.