This Molecular Spectroscopy market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Molecular Spectroscopy market.
Environmental Testing and Screening to Remain the Top Application of Molecular Spectroscopy
The global concerns about hazardous environmental impact of various industrial activities has become a grave issue now more than ever.
A majority of stakeholders across different industrial areas as well as governmental organizations have begun to pay extra attention to the rising pollution levels and depleting natural resources. This is ultimately leading to the creation of strict industrial standards along with stringent rules & regulations on most industrial activities.
Many modern day regulations, especially in developed economies, compel businesses as well as governmental entities to conduct environmental screening and tests to check the quality of natural resources using various analytical tools such as molecular spectroscopy.
For instance, various environmental laws and regulations in the United States such as Clean Water Act (CWA), Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), trigger the use of molecular spectroscopy devices in various applications such as wastewater treatment and water safety analysis.
Along with this, molecular spectroscopy technologies are also employed in various other fields such as mining, pharmaceutical, and chemicals industries, in order to quantify the environmental impact of various industrial processes.
This way, the demand for molecular spectroscopy equipment is expected to remain significantly in the environmental screening and testing for industrial and governmental research, in the coming years.
High Cost of Maintaining Industrial Standards through Molecular Spectroscopy Restricts Adoption
The adoption of molecular spectroscopy devices is burgeoning in a wide range of industrial research activities. In addition to this, the recent advancements in technologies is further pushing the demand for molecular spectroscopy instruments with diverse features and functionalities in different industrial landscapes.
However, these equipment integrated with advanced technological features are being offered at a premium price, which makes it less accessible to small- and medium-sized businesses across various industries.
Furthermore, taking into consideration the industrial standards and regulatory compliance that must be met by manufacturers also adds significantly to the manufacturing costs.
High quality standards require the production process to include additional operations such as verification of performance characteristics, qualification and evaluation of different features, and validation of installation and operation of the entire system, making the production of molecular spectroscopy equipment a costly affair.
Though the quality standards may be government-imposed or self-mandated, manufacturers in the molecular spectroscopy market are struggling to keep the production costs low.
Taking into consideration the role that a molecular spectroscopy equipment performs in different research activities, manufacturers are resorting to the use of the highest quality of tools and technologies to ensure the best performance characteristics and functionalities to fulfill end-users’ requirements. This may lead to the high costs of the equipment, which ultimately restrict the target customer base in the molecular spectroscopy market.
Molecular Spectroscopy Market: Region-wise Analysis
Based on the geographical factors, the molecular spectroscopy market is broadly divided into seven regions - North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, and Middle East & Africa. North America, followed by European Union, accounts for the largest revenue share in the global molecular spectroscopy market.
Ballooning investments by governing bodies and policymakers in the field of medical sciences and life science research is expected to remain the primary driving engine for the growth of the North American molecular spectroscopy market.
European countries including Germany, Spain, France, as well as the United Kingdom, are witnessing incremental growth in the regional market for molecular spectroscopy, making Europe the second largest market on the global platform.
Increasing presence of global leaders and large pharma companies in the region will continue to play a key role in propelling the growth of the European markets. Western Europe will emerge as a relatively more mature market for molecular spectroscopy than that in the Eastern Europe.
Nevertheless, emerging economies in the Eastern Europe will witness phenomenal growth of the contract manufacturing industry, which may contribute to the growth of the molecular spectroscopy market in the region.
On the other hand, Asia Pacific is also creating new opportunities for stakeholders as the industrial setup in developing countries such as China and India is opening new windows of opportunities. Demand for a wide range of molecular spectroscopy devices is expected to remain significantly high in the region, and this will drive the growth of the molecular spectroscopy market in the Asia Pacific region in the coming years.
Molecular Spectroscopy Market: Competitive Landscape
- Agilent Technologies
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- JASCO International Co., Ltd.
- Danaher Corporation, and Jeol Ltd.
Manufacturers are increasing the focus on enhancing the performance characteristics of molecular spectroscopy devices with the use of advanced technologies such as infrared spectroscopy, Raman spectroscopy, and ultraviolet visible spectroscopy.
In March 2020, Agilent Technologies Inc. - a global leader in diagnostics, life sciences, and applied chemical markets - announced that it is introducing its new handheld instrument for molecular spectroscopy to add to its portfolio of Raman technology.
The company further declared that the new handheld instrument - Agilent Vaya Raman raw material identity verification system - can be used by pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical applications for verifying raw material identity and improving the quality control testing systems across these industries.
In March 2020, trinamiX GmbH - a spin-off and wholly-owned subsidiary of BASF SE based in Ludwigshafen - announced that it has launched its new a mobile near infrared (NIR) spectroscopy solution in order to make spectroscopy tools affordable as well as accessible to end users beyond factory and laboratory applications.
The NIR spectroscopy solution is a handheld device that offers excellent molecular and chemical expertise to carry out accurate data and material analytics in applications ranging from agriculture testing, chemical testing, to food & beverage testing and other industrial processes.
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Molecular Spectroscopy Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Molecular Spectroscopy Market: Segment Analysis
The molecular spectroscopy market can be segmented on the basis of the following:
- Infrared Spectroscopy
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Spectroscopy
- Color Measurement Spectroscopy
- Raman Spectroscopy
- Near-Infrared (NIR) Spectroscopy
- Ultraviolet Visible (UV-Vis) Spectrosc
- Research Institutes
- Food and Beverages Testing
- Environmental Testing
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Molecular Spectroscopy Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Molecular Spectroscopy Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Molecular Spectroscopy Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Molecular Spectroscopy Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)