Mucosal Atomization Devices Market - Key Research Findings
- The global mucosal atomization devices market size in 2018 was ~US$ 400 Mn.
- The mucosal atomization devices market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period 2019-2029.
- Besides the increasing prevalence of sinusitis, there are many other factors, such as increasing healthcare awareness among people, advancements in the healthcare industry, and increasing healthcare expenditure, which are driving the growth of mucosal atomization devices market.
- Collectively, Europe and North America are expected to account for more than half of the revenue share in the mucosal atomization devices industry by the end of 2029.
- North America, due to the strong presence of hospitals and well-established healthcare infrastructure, will continue to be a prominent regional market for mucosal atomization device manufacturers.
- Gas propelled mucosal atomization is a common technology adopted by most of the companies, manufacturing mucosal atomization devices.
Key Factors Shaping the Mucosal Atomization Devices Market
Improved Devices with Technological Advancements in the Healthcare Field
Technological advancements in the field of healthcare are leading to the introduction of new and advanced mucosal atomization devices, which is one of the major factors, responsible for the significant growth of the market.
Nasal mucosal atomization devices are one of the technologically advanced devices that work on the latest techniques. Hence, these are adopted by many pharmaceutical companies. Mucosal atomization devices have improved usability as well as bioavailability data, which is a prominent driver for the growth of the mucosal atomization devices market.
Hence, technological advancements in the field of healthcare are leading to the introduction of new and advanced mucosal atomization devices, which is one of the major factors boosting the growth of the mucosal atomization devices market.
Increasing Adoption of Mucosal Atomization Devices
A larger number of people are shifting towards the use of mucosal atomization devices for efficient drug delivery. Also, most of the pharmaceutical companies are now packaged with a spray applicator rather than a dropper, which is expected to increase the adoption of mucosal atomization devices at a higher rate.
Mucosal atomization devices deliver safe, painless, and rapidly effective treatment for various chronic diseases. Increasing healthcare awareness among people is leading to growth in demand for mucosal atomization devices, especially in developed regions, which is another important factor boosting the growth of the mucosal atomization devices market.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Increasing Prevalence of Sinusitis Expected to Increase Market Demand
Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases such as chronic rhino sinusitis, is one of the important factors propelling the growth of the mucosal atomization devices market. The overall prevalence of chronic rhino sinusitis in the U.S. is 16%, which is expected to increase the usage of mucosal atomization devices.
The diagnosis rate of sinusitis is also high, which will further be a positive aspect for the market. Apart from these factors, there can many other factors, which can be responsible for the significant growth of the mucosal atomization devices market. Increasing collaborations between different companies, increasing per capita income in various emerging regions, etc., can increase the overall growth of the mucosal atomization devices market.
Mucosal Atomization Devices Market Structure Analysis
- The global mucosal atomization devices market represents a limited number of key players. Key players in the mucosal atomization devices market maintain their strategic focus on the development of new and technologically advanced products.
- The mucosal atomization devices market has been relatively moderate in size, which remains a key factor for its dynamic competitive nature.
- Leading manufacturers of mucosal atomization devices are currently prioritizing new product launches, which can be responsible for the significant growth of the mucosal atomization market in regions such as North America, Europe, and China.
- Collaborations and acquisitions have been identified to remain crucial developmental strategies adopted by manufacturers.
- There are various applications of electrical atomizer, which can overcome the obstructions of gas propelled mucosal atomization devices, and can show a significant growth in the forecast years
- Deeper understanding of the market trends is likely to create a bottleneck for prominent players, looking forward to untapped opportunities in the mucosal atomization devices market.
Mucosal Atomization Device – Leveraging the Thriving Market Prospects of Non-invasive Treatments
Technological advances have played an active role in transforming numerous key industrial sectors. The healthcare sector has significantly benefitted from the onset of reliable, efficient, cost-effective, and novel drug delivery technologies for several years and mucosal atomization devices (MAD) presents a prime example of the same.
In recent years, mucosal atomization devices have emerged as an ideal alternative for the delivery of drugs via the nasal route owing to multiple key factors. The growing adoption of mucosal atomization devices is primarily attributed to factors such as, non-invasive nature, faster delivery of medication to the bloodstream, ease of administration, and no first-pass metabolism among others. In addition, the surge in the number of chronic diseases such as rhinosinusitis is also expected to increase the adoption of mucosal atomization devices especially worldwide.
Further, emerging nasal delivery systems driven by R&D and technological advances are poised to assist drug manufacturers to produce effective medication using approved products
Intranasal Drug Delivery – Away from Needles
In the current scenario, although needle-based injections are the most common route of injectable drug delivery and administration of vaccines, the trend is witnessing a rapid change. The shortcomings of needle-based injections along with fear among patients has led to the onset of novel needleless intranasal drug delivery technologies such as mucosal atomization devices for delivery of intranasal corticosteroids and other drugs.
For instance, a significant number of patients do not opt for needle-based treatments owing to the pain and discomfort caused by needles. Thus, the failure to provide optimum treatment to a large population prompted drug manufacturers to innovate and develop other alternatives. The advantages of advanced intranasal vaccine delivery technologies over the existing treatments has created lucrative opportunities for drug manufacturers.
Further, as emerging intranasal delivery technologies eliminate the use of needles, there is no risk of needle-stick problems. Besides, other advantages include, reduced fear among patients, painless drug delivery, and ease of disposal.
From the manufacturer’s point of view, sterile delivery issues are eliminated. Thus, market players operating in the drug industry are focusing on developing reliable, safe, auto-disposable nasal vaccine delivery systems. The logistic benefits coupled with safety features of mucosal atomization devices have created several opportunities for manufacturers especially in the developing regions where the demand is steadily growing.
North America and Europe Remain Lucrative with Efficient Medical Infrastructure
The demand for mucosal atomization devices is expected to surge in North America and Europe in the coming years owing to the presence of large number of hospitals and efficient healthcare infrastructure. Further, medical technology in the developed regions of North America and Europe has made tremendous progress in the last decade which has resulted in the advent of innovative and effective medical solutions for an array of medical problems.
In addition, prominent market players are prioritizing product launches owing to the growing demand for novel intranasal drug delivery systems. Further, manufacturers have identified mergers and acquisitions as an effective strategy to penetrate the lucrative markets in untapped regions.
Structured WHO Guidelines for Manufactures
Manufacturers operating in the mucosal atomization market have to comply with the nasal vaccine delivery guidelines laid down by the WHO. According to the WHO guidelines for drug administration, the route of delivery must consist a single-use delivery system that is auto-disposal after use. Auto-disposal offers efficient infection control and reduces the risk of cross contamination by a considerable margin. Thus, the WHO and other regulatory agencies insist medical device manufacturers to comply with the laid down guidelines.
Owing to the WHO guidelines for the production of new-age medical devices, manufacturers have established a growing need to innovate their products to suffice the growing global demand.
How Growth Will Unfold
Leading manufacturers operating in the mucosal atomization device market are focused on developing products that meet consumer demands and the current regulatory guidelines. At present, consumer awareness regarding mucosal atomization devices in the developing regions is comparatively lower than the developed regions such as North America and Europe. Thus, established manufacturers have pinned their hopes on mergers and acquisitions to penetrate the market in nations such as India and China.
The growing prevalence of chronic diseases such as sinusitis, surge in demand for needleless intranasal drug delivery, increasing consumer awareness over health and wellness, and ongoing R&D activities are likely to provide an impetus to the growth of the global mucosal atomization market.
By Product Type
- Nasal Atomization Devices
- Fibre-Optic Atomization Devices
- Laryngo-Tracheal Atomization Devices
- Bottle Atomizer Devices
- Gas Propelled Atomization Devices
- Electrical Atomization Devices
By End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialized Clinics
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East and Africa