This Opioid Induced Respiratory Depression market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Opioid Induced Respiratory Depression market.
Opioid-Induced Respiratory Depression: Market Insights
The stimulation of µ-opioid receptors in brainstem respiratory centers on the surface of the neuron leads to opioid-induced respiratory depression. The group of interneurons in the ventral respiratory group of the medulla of the brainstem which is known as the pre-Bötzinger complex (preBötC). The preBötC and parabrachial nucleus both involved in the expression of opioid receptors and respiratory pattern generation. An opioid overdose or combination use of opioid with other centrally depressant drugs reduced breathing progresses into irregular breathing and finally into the complete cessation of breathing. This may lead to cardiorespiratory failure and eventually death. An increasing number of opioids overuse can lead to irregular breathing pattern and can cause opioid-induced respiratory depression which indirectly acts as the driving factor for the growth of opioid-induced respiratory depression market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Opioid-Induced Respiratory Depression: Market Dynamics
Over 15 thousand Americans die every year from respiratory depression due to an overdose of opioids. The development of new sophisticated treatments to treat opioid-induced respiratory depression is one of the major areas of research. Currently, there are mainly two approaches developed, one approach is the opioids design with minimal respiratory effect and the other is the use of drugs that stimulate breathing through non-opioidergic pathways. And there are no pharmacological strategies available to prevent respiratory depression without changing opioid analgesia. This opioid-induced respiratory depression field provide great opportunities for researchers and manufacturers and is expected to boost the growth of opioid-induced respiratory depression market.
Opioid-Induced Respiratory Depression market: Overview
The Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation has convened multidisciplinary conferences in 2006 and 2011, to address the safety issue for the serious patient with opioid-induced respiratory depression. Today, the administration of naloxone is the only treatment for an opioid overdose. Capnograph is an important device to help healthcare providers in initial assessments of patients to measure the management of naloxone therapy. Accurately measurement of the opioid-induced respiratory depression has been a challenge. To consequently measure the safety advantage of a new monitoring protocol or technology is also very difficult. Lack of research and inconsistent taxonomy for opioid-induced respiratory depression may hinder the opioid-induced respiratory depression market.
Opioid-Induced Respiratory Depression market: Region-wise Outlook
The opioid-induced respiratory depression market in North America is expected to show the highest revenue growth and to hold the largest market shares in the global opioid-induced respiratory depression market due to advanced healthcare infrastructure and high healthcare spending. Additionally, high rate of opioid consumption in this region will boost the opioid-induced respiratory depression market, followed by Europe. The opioid-induced respiratory depression market in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to register the moderate growth due to low healthcare facilities and large untreated patient pool. Whereas, Latin America and the Middle East & Africa are expected to show stagnant opioid-induced respiratory depression market growth due to weak healthcare management and facilities.
Opioid-Induced Respiratory Depression market: Key Players
Some of the key players present in global opioid-induced respiratory depression market are Medtronic plc, Smiths Group, Masimo Corporation, Nihon Kohden Corporation, Covidien, GE Healthcare, Welch Allyn, Becton, Dickinson and Company, BioMed Jena GmbH, Hill-Rom, Inc., Natus Medical Incorporated and others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Opioid-Induced Respiratory Depression Market Segments
- Opioid-Induced Respiratory Depression Market Dynamics
- Opioid-Induced Respiratory Depression Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- The Asia-Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Opioid Induced Respiratory Depression Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Opioid-Induced Respiratory Depression market: Segmentation
The global opioid-induced respiratory depression market is segmented by product type, end user and regions:
Opioid-Induced Respiratory Depression Segmentation by Product Type
- Pulse Oximeter
- Integrated Delivery and Monitoring Devices
- Acoustic Monitor
- Radar Monitor
- Bioimpedance Device
- Inductance Plethysmograph
Opioid-Induced Respiratory Depression Segmentation by End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Specialty Clinic
- Diagnostic Center
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Opioid Induced Respiratory Depression Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Opioid Induced Respiratory Depression Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Opioid Induced Respiratory Depression Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Opioid Induced Respiratory Depression Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)