This Pedestrian Protection System market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Pedestrian Protection System market.
Pedestrian Protection System Market: Introduction
A pedestrian protection system uses sensors, cameras, and a control unit to detect whether the vehicle is about to collide with the pedestrians. The pedestrian protection system was in the research and development before being incorporated in cars and luxury vehicles. Currently, it is getting deployed in vehicles after clearing all the regulation tests.
The major advantage of deploying a pedestrian protection system is that it offers a more comfortable zone for pedestrians, and reduces loss of lives as well as risk of injury. In 2005, Jaguar was the first company to design a pedestrian protection system. Automotive manufactures and technology providers are keen on creating a new safety solution that will fulfill all legal requirements and ensure pedestrian protection.
Technology providers are investing in research and development to make vehicles comfortable, safe, and economical. Technological advancements play a significant role in the creation of pedestrian protection systems that have the potential to reduce injuries and save lives. The level of reliability in the technology will affect the adoption rate of pedestrian protection systems.
Pedestrian Protection System Market: Market Dynamics
Mergers, acquisitions, and collaborations of vehicle manufacturers with automotive solution providers will affect the market. Nowadays, technology providers are concentrating on gaining a market presence by developing automotive safety solutions. Though the pedestrian protection system can help to reduce the damage of the lives, the over-reliance on technology by the drivers may negatively impact the growth of the market.
The increasing awareness of the people towards safety will boost the demand for pedestrian protection systems. It also results in growing number of patents from automotive manufacturers as well as automotive technology providers. High initial installation cost as well as service costs associated with pedestrian protection systems can act as a restraint in this market. Moreover, rising prices of vehicles along with the high costs incurred in designing and testing are also estimated to hinder the growth of the pedestrian protection system market in the future.
Pedestrian Protection System Market: Regional Outlook
The growing number of patents in countries such as, the US, the UK, Germany, Japan and France, are one of the key driving factors for the growth of the global pedestrian protection system market. In US, the government is creating rules and regulations such as the pedestrian safety enhancement act to increase the safety and promote the deployment of pedestrian protection systems. Currently, the North American and Western European countries are having a linear growth trend whereas at the end of the forecast the Asian countries such as, China, India, Indonesia, and Malaysia, will have a similar trend. Increasing disposable incomes of the middle class population in Asian countries will result in the increasing number of automotive sales with advanced safety solutions. The governments in the developing economies will play a significant role in enhancing the deployment of pedestrian protection system. Among the Asian countries, Japan and South Korea will pose a significant growth trend over the forecast period, similar to the western countries. Latin America, Middle East, and Africa are projected to increase the demand for automotive, owing to increasing urbanization and economic growth, which in turn, will accelerate the growth of the pedestrian protection system market in the forecast period.
Pedestrian Protection System Market: Key Market Participants
Some of the key market participants in the global pedestrian protection system market are:
- Autoliv Inc.
- Bentley Motors
- Continental AG
- Delphi Technologies
- General Motors
- JAGUAR LAND ROVER LIMITED
- Magna International Inc.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- SUBARU CORPORATION
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, type, vehicle type and sales channel.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordics)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, CIS)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Pedestrian Protection System Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Pedestrian Protection System Market: Market Segmentation
The global pedestrian protection system market can be segmented into type, vehicle type, and sales channel.
On the basis of type, the global pedestrian protection system market can be segmented into:
- Acceleration-based pedestrian protection system
- Pressure-based pedestrian protection system
On the basis of vehicle type, the global pedestrian protection system market can be segmented into:
- Electric cars
- Hybrid cars
- Petrol and diesel cars
On the basis of sales channel, the global pedestrian protection system market can be segmented into:
- After Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Pedestrian Protection System Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Pedestrian Protection System Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Pedestrian Protection System Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Pedestrian Protection System Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.