This Personal Protective Equipment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Personal Protective Equipment market.
Cases of the new coronavirus disease continue to mount, and rapidly increasing demands of the pandemic are threatening the health systems globally. In recent times, the demand for personal protective equipment (PPE) comprising of protective gowns, face shields, surgical masks, protective goggles, and disposable gloves is witnessing a significant increase as the disease spreads beyond China - the epicenter of COVID-19 outbreak. Moreover, strong governments’ focus on stockpiling of PPE and about a hundredfold surge in demand are early warning signs of product shortage that may be on the horizon.
Health Organizations Provide Guidelines on Rational Use of PPE to Bridge Demand-Supply Gap
Recognizing the widespread use of personal protective equipment outside patient care by common citizens to safeguard themselves from COVID-19, stakeholders in the supply chain are leveraging this opportunity to raise the competitive price of their products. Despite significant efforts to increase production capacities, supplies are stagnating and the market situation has become severe, mainly due to prolonged closure of factories in China. Additionally, the World Health Organization (WHO) has warned severe and plunging disruptions to the global supply of PPE - driven by misusing, panic buying, and stockpiling - is putting lives at risks of both healthcare workers and patients.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
As the inappropriate use and supply shortage of PPE continues, the WHO has put forth several strategies to facilitate optimal PPE availability and normalize the supply chain. Using telemedicine to evaluate suspected cases of COVID-19 and physical barriers to reduce exposure and restricting healthcare workers who are not involved in direct care from coming in contact with COVID-19 patients are likely to minimize the need for PPE. The rationalized use and distribution of PPE along with rapid response to curb the spread of disease is thus expected to bridge the widening gap between supply and demand for PPE.
U.S. Urges Nations to Ramp Up Production of PPE, China to Lift New Export Restrictions on Medical Supplies
North America and Europe remained key markets for personal protective equipment for both medical and industrial applications with major players expanding their presence in developing Asian Pacific countries such as China and India. Rapid industrialization, low operation cost and cheap labor in these countries have been securing a steady supply chain for global market stakeholders. However, the scenario is drastically changing amidst the outbreak of coronavirus and subsequent lockdown of factories. As the U.S. is facing a historic surge in patients seeking care of COVID-19, the government is using federal powers to force local companies to manufacture, urging other countries to accelerate the production of PPE, and seeking to purchase any quantities major PPE-producing countries can spare.
China’s new restrictions on coronavirus-related medical supplies including personal protective equipment – that allows only those manufacturers with accreditation to sell their products with China to export to other countries – came amid growing concerns about quality of various Chinese medical products. However, the country promises to lift the restrictions as several countries are still battling COVID-19 with massive shortfall of essential medical supplies. This, in turn, is expected to influence the growth prospects of the global personal protective equipment market.
COVID-19 Redirects the Application Scope of Personal Protective Equipment
Governments and health organizations worldwide are increasingly collaborating with manufacturers and suppliers to meet the PPE supply-demand gap. However, these manufacturers are facing significant hurdles due to unavailability of raw materials and outbound logistics amidst expansive lockdown of airlines and restrictions on export activities. In addition to taking critical decisions to normalize the situation, manufacturers are currently stopping the production of industrial PPE such as industrial safety, chemical resistant gloves, and welding helmets and focusing on products for medical applications. However, innovations are on the horizon for smart personal protective equipment to deliver real-time information, minimize exposure to hazards, and enable adjustments with internal and external conditions. Post supply chain normalization, the demand for PPE will continue to grow in line with increasing mining activities and infrastructural development.
PPE Market - Competitive Landscape
A section of the FMI’s report covers detailed profiles of key players active in the personal protective equipment (PPE) market wherein product portfolio, new launches, development strategies, and regional footprint have been provided. Some of these players include 3M Company, Rahman Group, Golden Chang, Oftenrich Holdings Co. Ltd, JSP Ltd., Interspiro, Honeywell Life Safety, Ansell Healthcare Products LCC, Gateway Safety Inc., Wells Lamont Industry Group, Avon Rubber p. i. c., JAL Group, COFRA Holding AG, Avon- ISI, Alpha Pro Tech Ltd., Eurodress GmBH, Bekina NV, Jallatte Group, and Z and V Group.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Personal Protective Equipment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Segmental Analysis of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Market
The FMI study categorizes the personal protective equipment (PPE) market on the basis of product, end-use industry, and region.
PPE Market Analysis by Product
- Head Protection
- Eye and Face Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Hand and Arm Protection
- Fall Protection
- Protective Clothing
- Profession Footwear
- Food & Leg Protection
- Respiratory Protection
PPE Market Analysis by End-use Industry
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Food Manufacturing
- Power & Energy
- Oil & Gas
Regional Analysis of the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Market
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa
Report Highlights: Global Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Market
- An in-depth overview of parent market, covering the protective equipment market
- An overview of evolving market dynamics in the medical and non-medical personal protective equipment industry
- Detailed segmentation of the PPE market
- Historical, current, and prospective examination of market size in terms of value and volume
- Recent developments and influential trends in personal protection gear
- Opportunity assessment of the PPE market
- Competitive landscape analysis of PPE marketplace
- Key player developments in personal protective gear space
- Niche and potential segments in the PPE market that reflect promising opportunities
- A neutral perspective on the entire market performance over the forecast period
- Must-have insights for the PPE market players
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Personal Protective Equipment Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Personal Protective Equipment Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Personal Protective Equipment Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Personal Protective Equipment Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.