This Personal Navigation Devices market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Personal Navigation Devices market.
Personal Navigation Devices Market: Introduction
Personal Navigation Device or PND is a compact portable device specifically developed to run route navigation applications. This device is the most popular product having embedded Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) technology. The navigation is driven by computer software that is programmed into the device. This software provides turn by turn directions to the user to reach a destination. Most personal navigation devices being developed today, include a voice output that can provide clear-cut details without distracting the user. The devices that only supported navigation, initially, now support other features such as multimedia player, mobile hands-free system, external application support, games, travel utilities (measurement converter, currency converter, world time, calculator et cetera). Any user can use these personal navigation devices without any special training, qualifications or skills.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
One of the trends in the automobile industry that drives the personal navigation devices market is the integration of navigation supported security and safety features in automobiles. With the steady rise in the number of personal on-road vehicles, thefts and accidents have also increased. Manufacturers are incorporating safety and security applications in navigation systems. Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) is an example of a personal navigation system where the device has built-in features with additional intelligent sensors and units to keep track of road conditions and traffic, safety-related details regarding roads like lane changing assistance and speed breaker notifications.
However, escalating user expectations and increase in feature related complexity hinders the growth of the personal navigation devices market. Repeated updating is necessary for personal navigation devices without proper intelligent units to get proper directions to the destination. Sometime, this could be a tedious task which makes it a challenge for the personal navigation devices market. Also, increase in competition from mobile phones and other handset-based navigation services will eventually restrict the growth of the global personal navigation devices market.
Personal Navigation Devices Market: Segmentation
Personal Navigation Devices Market: Key Players
Personal Navigation Devices Market: Regional Overview
The largest market share of the global Personal Navigation Devices market was held by Europe regions followed by North America region. But, North America is estimated to catch up and get past Europe during the forecast period. The development of technology that links the smartphone to In-vehicle System (IVS) has contributed to the growth of personal navigation devices market in the North America region. Extreme traffic in major cities in the Asia Pacific countries such as India and China will is estimated to increase the demand for intelligent personal navigation systems in the region by the forecast period.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Personal Navigation Devices Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of vehicle type, the personal navigation device market is segmented into
- Commercial vehicle
- Entry-level passenger vehicle
- Mid-premium passenger vehicle
- Luxury passenger vehicle
Some of the prominent vendors in the Personal Navigation Devices Market are TomTom International BV., Garmin Ltd., MiTAC International Corporation, Magellan GPS, Blaupunkt worldwide, Masternaut Limited, NAVIGON, AvMap Satellite Navigation, Inc., Becker Navigations and TeleNav
- In 2015, Magellan GPS announced the integration of the company’s SmartGPS navigation software into Bosch SoftTec’s mySPIN infotainment platform. With this integration, users can enjoy voice guided turn by turn navigation, real-time IP traffic, social media check-ins, Yelp and Foursquare and seamless transfer of the route to their smartphones.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Personal Navigation Devices Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Personal Navigation Devices Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Personal Navigation Devices Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Personal Navigation Devices Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.