This Personal Genome Testing market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Personal Genome Testing market.
The personal genome is the study of sequencing and analysis of the genome of an individual. Human genome identifies and differentiates the unique set of variations in the DNA sequence, which is useful to access the genes involved in a disease. Personal genome testing has multiple clinical applications such as in cancer therapeutics and the diagnosis of childhood disorders. This application has been in practice, and the manufacturing companies are focusing on developing machines which are portable and small in size.
The personal genome testing market operates direct-to-customer as the products are directly available to the customer online. A genome testing kit comes in a small size with a tube, removable cap, and sealable split funnel. The market highly depends on the analytical and clinical validity and is covered under the regulatory framework.
Personal Genome Testing Market: Dynamics
Personal genome testing market has come into highlight due to the ability of the testing in predicting chronic diseases, and low-cost health risk assessment. Personal genome testing market is growing at a rapid pace however due to criticism from the healthcare professionals regarding the lack of evidence, a utility of the product directly by consumers, and utilization of ethical data the market is highly affected. Since personal genome testing is accurate and reliable technology, it is highly utilized by consumers.
Personal Genome Testing Market: Region-wise Outlook
Based on geography, the personal genome testing market can be segmented into five major regions: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa. At present, North America holds a leading position in the personal genome testing market followed by Europe. The major driving factors which have driven the growth of the personal genome testing market in these regions are constantly increasing the prevalence of genetic diseases, and rising demand for technologically advanced medical equipment for treatment. Following North America, European countries are also anticipated to show steady growth in the personal genome testing market. In the next few years, Asia-Pacific would show remarkable growth in the personal genome testing market as it is developing at a very rapid pace and has shown the emergence of many regional players. The factors which would fuel the growth of personal genome testing market in Asia-Pacific are increasing awareness regarding various genetic disorders, increase in the number of patients getting affected with genetic disorders, and rapid development of the healthcare infrastructure across the Asian countries. Personal genome testing market would evolve at a rapid rate across the regions, however, North America would maintain its position in the overall personal genome testing market.
Personal Genome Testing Market: Key Players
It is expected that with due course of time, there will be an influx of well-established players in the personal genome testing market. Some of the top players operating in the personal genome testing market are 23andMe, Inc., Navigenics, deCODEme, Color Genomics, Inc., Personal Genome Diagnostics, Inc., Counsyl, Inc., Quest Diagnostics, Gene By Gene, Ltd., Laboratory Corporation of America® Holdings, mapmygenome.in, Positive Bioscience, Inc and many others. Personal genome testing market has a presence of many regional players which have a huge market share in emerging countries.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Personal Genome Testing Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Personal Genome Testing Market: Segmentation
Personal genome testing is increasingly becoming a trend in many regions based on the personal genome test kit reliability.
By personal genome testing kit potential to diagnose diseases, we can segment the market into the following application areas:
- Neurological Disorders
- Metabolic Disorders
- Autoimmune Disorders
By personal genome test characteristics we can segment the personal genome testing market into the following:
- Targeted Testing: The test is conducted for a single particular disease, the genome of a particular individual is analyzed for a particular disease
- Non-Targeted Testing: The genotype is analyzed to find SNPs and focuses on multifactorial diseases and other genetic diseases.
- Multi-Targeted Testing: Companies provide multi-targeted testing kits which will scan the genome for a particular set of diseases.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth Polishing / Lapping Film market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Personal Genome Testing Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Personal Genome Testing Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Personal Genome Testing Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Personal Genome Testing Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)