The personal genome is the study of sequencing and analysis of the genome of an individual. Human genome identifies and differentiates the unique set of variations in the DNA sequence, which is useful to access the genes involved in a disease. Personal genome testing has multiple clinical applications such as in cancer therapeutics and the diagnosis of childhood disorders. This application has been in practice, and the manufacturing companies are focusing on developing machines which are portable and small in size.
The personal genome testing market operates direct-to-customer as the products are directly available to the customer online. A genome testing kit comes in a small size with a tube, removable cap, and sealable split funnel. The market highly depends on the analytical and clinical validity and is covered under the regulatory framework.
Personal Genome Testing Market: Dynamics
Personal genome testing market has come into highlight due to the ability of the testing in predicting chronic diseases, and low-cost health risk assessment. Personal genome testing market is growing at a rapid pace however due to criticism from the healthcare professionals regarding the lack of evidence, a utility of the product directly by consumers, and utilization of ethical data the market is highly affected. Since personal genome testing is accurate and reliable technology, it is highly utilized by consumers.
Personal Genome Testing Market: Region-wise Outlook
Based on geography, the personal genome testing market can be segmented into five major regions: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa. At present, North America holds a leading position in the personal genome testing market followed by Europe. The major driving factors which have driven the growth of the personal genome testing market in these regions are constantly increasing the prevalence of genetic diseases, and rising demand for technologically advanced medical equipment for treatment. Following North America, European countries are also anticipated to show steady growth in the personal genome testing market. In the next few years, Asia-Pacific would show remarkable growth in the personal genome testing market as it is developing at a very rapid pace and has shown the emergence of many regional players. The factors which would fuel the growth of personal genome testing market in Asia-Pacific are increasing awareness regarding various genetic disorders, increase in the number of patients getting affected with genetic disorders, and rapid development of the healthcare infrastructure across the Asian countries. Personal genome testing market would evolve at a rapid rate across the regions, however, North America would maintain its position in the overall personal genome testing market.
Personal Genome Testing Market: Key Players
It is expected that with due course of time, there will be an influx of well-established players in the personal genome testing market. Some of the top players operating in the personal genome testing market are 23andMe, Inc., Navigenics, deCODEme, Color Genomics, Inc., Personal Genome Diagnostics, Inc., Counsyl, Inc., Quest Diagnostics, Gene By Gene, Ltd., Laboratory Corporation of America® Holdings, mapmygenome.in, Positive Bioscience, Inc and many others. Personal genome testing market has a presence of many regional players which have a huge market share in emerging countries.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Personal Genome Testing Market: Segmentation
Personal genome testing is increasingly becoming a trend in many regions based on the personal genome test kit reliability.
By personal genome testing kit potential to diagnose diseases, we can segment the market into the following application areas:
- Neurological Disorders
- Metabolic Disorders
- Autoimmune Disorders
By personal genome test characteristics we can segment the personal genome testing market into the following:
- Targeted Testing: The test is conducted for a single particular disease, the genome of a particular individual is analyzed for a particular disease
- Non-Targeted Testing: The genotype is analyzed to find SNPs and focuses on multifactorial diseases and other genetic diseases.
- Multi-Targeted Testing: Companies provide multi-targeted testing kits which will scan the genome for a particular set of diseases.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth Polishing / Lapping Film market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.