This Power Factor Correction Devices market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Power Factor Correction Devices market.
Power factor correction devices are also known as power saver devices. It is connected to the mains of the electrical system for improving the power factor measurement taken using an electricity meter. Power factor correction devices measure how efficiently power is consumed. However, the utility bill based on real power is not affected by power factor correction devices, but it is useful for industrial users where the power charges are based on PFC rather than real power.
Ideally, power factor will be unity (1 i.e. 100%), when the current and voltage simultaneously achieves maxima, but due to highly inductive load/devices in the real world it is reduced to 0.7 or less. The capacity of a circuit performance at a particular time is real power. It is observed that load/device with a low power factor takes more current than high-power factor devices in the electrical system for the same amount of power transferred. However, energy loss is also more in the distribution of higher current in the system. It also requires higher capacity wires and equipment. And due to the extra expenses and the wastage of current, power companies charge a higher cost to low power factor users, which are usually industrial and commercial customers. This is mainly caused by lightly loaded induction equipment; any device that has a coil of wire will create low power factor, such as Air Conditioners, pumps, fans or blowers, induction furnaces, weaving machines, standard stamping machines, single-stroke presses and automated machine tools. So, the power factor correction devices are used to raise the power factor of the respective devices and reduce the electricity bill.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Robust growth in HVAC systems across the world and increasing awareness among people to save electricity by connecting power factor correction devices to the electrical system lead to substantial increase in demand for power factor correction devices. Also, implementation of energy-efficiency norms and standards for the development of public lighting and power system is also expected to bolster the demand for power factor correction devices over the forecast period.
There are also certain risks associated with the installation of power factor correction devices. When power factor correction devices are connected to the system, they set up a parallel resonance circuit between their capacitors and the system network inductance. Sometimes, the wave components that are close to the parallel resonance are magnified and can cause serious problems such as excessive voltage distortion, insulation breakdown within motors, transformers and conductors and overvoltage tripping of drives . These risks can act as restraints to the power factor correction devices market. The presence of alternatives such as vacuum contactors can also hinder the growth of power factor correction devices market. Whereas, the growing tendency among people to save electricity by connecting power factor correction devices covers up these restraints to an extent.
Power Factor Correction Devices Market: Regional Outlook
Asia Pacific holds the major share of the global power factor correction devices market, followed by North America and Europe. Asia Pacific accounts for a significant share due to the substantial growth in electricity consuming sectors in this region. Rapid urbanization and industrialization in many major countries in the region such as China and India, is also expected to boost the market growth over the forecast period.
Power Factor Correction Devices Market: Market Participants
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Power Factor Correction Devices Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Power Factor Correction Devices Market:Market Segmentation
- Segmentation of power factor correction devices market can be doneon the basis of end-use as follows;
- Automotive industries
- Consumer electronics
- Medical and healthcare industries
- Mining industries
- Electric Power industry.
- Segmentation of power factor correction devices market can be doneon the basis of application as follows;
- Distributed power factor correction device
- Group power factor correction device
- Centralized power factor correction device
- Combined power factor correction device
- Automatic power factor correction device
Some of the examples of market participants in the global power factor correction devices market, identified across the value chain are
- Siemens AG
- Toshiba Corporation
- Schneider Electric
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- LARSEN & TOUBRO LIMITED
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Power Factor Correction Devices Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Power Factor Correction Devices Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Power Factor Correction Devices Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Power Factor Correction Devices Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.