This Retort Pouches market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Retort Pouches market.
Retort pouches are heat resistant bags made that are used in packaging of heat-treated food. Retort pouches are laminated inside with multiple layers of metal foil and plastic films that can resist high temperature as well as intense pressure. Retort pouches are readily available transparent, light in weight polyethylene or PET films which act as a barrier to oxygen and moisture. Retort pouches are currently used as an alternative to metal cans in the food packaging industry as they provide better shelf life. Retort packaging protects food products from contamination thus improving the aesthetic appeal of the product. Retort Pouches consist of add-on features such as zippers, spouts and fitments, pour spouts, release valves and slider closures. As a result, the demand for retort pouches has increased over the years to a significant level leading to growth in global retort pouches market.
Global Retort Pouches Market: Drivers & Restraints
Retort pouches have gained momentum in demand of consumption of packed food in both developed and emerging economies owing to growth in urbanization, increase in disposable income, the rise in working-class population, etc. Also, Retort pouches are heat-resistant, and thus due to increased health awareness among the consumers, the demand of retort pouches for food packaging has grown over the years. Retort pouches can also be used for printing logos of various brand to increase the brand awareness with growth in the product sale. Retort pouches have applications in frozen food packaging, pet food packaging, organic food packaging, etc. However, dynamic changes in the cost of raw materials used in the production of pouches create ambiguity in the manufacture of retort pouches thus hindering the growth of global retort pouches market.
Global Retort Pouches Market: Segmentation Overview
The demand for retort pouches as a packaging solution in food and beverages industry has witnessed a significant growth in the recent past at both customer end as well as manufacturer end. Revenue contribution from the pouches made of transparent PET films, an environmentally packaging solution is expected to fuel the growth of the global retort pouches market to a significant extent during the forecast period.
Global Retort Pouches Market: Regional Overview
Geographically, the global retort pouches market is segmented into seven regions, namely North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan and the Middle East and Africa (MEA). Asia-Pacific region especially the emerging economies such as China and India are expected to witness immense growth opportunities from the on growing food and beverages industry. Also, factors such as high demand for ready-to-eat food, rising disposable income, is expected to further propel the demand of the retort pouches in this region during the forecast period. North America and Europe region is a matured market for retort pouches and are thus expected to create substantial demand over the forecast period. As retort pouches are heat resistant in nature, they are in high demand in Middle-East and African region for packaging of food products. Overall, Global retort pouches market is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR over the forecast period.
Global Retort Pouches Market: Key Players
Some of the key players that operate in global retort pouches market are Ampac Holdings, LLC, Mondi Group, Amcor limited, Sealed Air, Bemis Company, Inc., Winpak Limited Company, Coveris Holdings S.A, Sonoco Products Company, Flair Flexible Packaging Corporation, Berry Plastic Group, Inc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia and Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, and Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Retort Pouches Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Retort Pouches Market: Segmentation
The global report pouches market is segmented on the basis of product type into:
- Stand-up Pouches
- Spouted Pouches
- Zipper Pouches
On the basis of material type, the global retort pouches market is segmented into:
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET)
- Food-Grade Cast Polypropylene
On the basis of end-use, the global retort pouches market is segmented into:
- Pet food
- Baby food
- Sea food
- Ready-to-eat meals
- Soups & Sauces
- Personal care
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Retort Pouches Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Retort Pouches Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Retort Pouches Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Retort Pouches Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)