Rotational Moulding Machines Market – Key Research Findings
- The global rotational moulding machines market size expected at 2019 end - ~ US$ 800 Mn.
- The rotational moulding machines market is projected to grow at CAGR of ~ 3%, during the next ten years.
- Time consumed by the machine to manufacture a product entirely depends on the thickness as well as size of the product. Manufacturers prefer rock & roll type, shuttle, and carrousel machine for large hollow one piece containers.
- The rotational moulding machines market is governed by the usage of rock & roll type machine. These machines are suitable choice for narrow hollow container manufacturers. Sometimes, integrated form of two machines is also used in the rotational moulding machines market.
- North America and Asia Pacific regions are expected to remain as leading regions in terms of market value share, cumulatively accounting for nearly half of the global rotational moulding machines share.
- Manufacturers in the rotational moulding machines market are looking forward to invest in independent-arm carousel machines.
Key Factors Shaping the Global Rotational Moulding Machines Market
Rotational Moulding Maintains the Integrity of the Product
Rotational moulding is a process where powdered-form of raw material is filled into a mould and rotated 360°, causing the softened material to disperse and stick to the wall of moulding material. Rotational moulding machines maintain uniform thickness throughout the container/part, as it continues to rotate during the heating as well as cooling phase. The rotational moulding machines market outlook is expected to be positive during the forecast period.
Increment in Export/Import to boost the Rotational Moulding Machines Market Growth
Increasing trade flows among emerging countries is expected to trigger the rotational moulding machines market growth. However, U.S. is the top importing country in the rotational moulding machines market. Increment in the manufacturing sector and investments in the moulding technologies is expected to drive the market growth in the next decade.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Rotational Moulding Machines: An Appropriate Choice for Hollow One-piece Containers
- Raw Material Preference: Manufacturers prefer polyethylene for this process and ~80% of all materials used in rotational moulding are polyethylene derivatives. Some of manufacturers are shifting towards polypropylene and co-polymer products, which is expected to change the consumption scenario in the upcoming years. Polypropylene has relatively low moulding ability and impact its strength, as compared to polyethylene.
- Low Installation Cost & Minimal Amount of Waste Generation: Plastic product that are manufactured through rotational moulding process keeps the cost down, after mould installation. The process generates very less amount of waste, as the leftover material can be removed by using adhesives and removers.
- Increasing Preference for Customized Solutions: Manufacturers in the industry are offering production-oriented tailor made machine alternatives, which is expected to bolster the demand for rotational moulding machines.
Independent Arm Machines Making the Process Easier
These machines consist of 3 or 4 arms that moves separately from one another. Independent arm rotational moulding machines result into more efficient production procedure. The addition of PLC controlling system is expected to increase the demand for rotational moulding machines globally.
- Persico Group, a leading manufacturer in the rotational moulding machines market, is offering a fully automated machinery in which heating is completely controlled and monitored by a PLC.
Automation: Driving the Rotational Moulding Machines Market Growth
Usage of automated feed lines, Internet of Things, and embedded linking may provide ease in manufacturing process. This is expected to get a noticeable share in the next ten years.
Substrate Resin Prices & Usage
Material prices are high in countries such as France, Italy, UK, and US, wherein low in Germany, Brazil, and China (as of 2017). The production capacity of LLDPE is highest in Asia, wherein China is the leading country in terms of polymer production.
GCC Hold Favorable Opportunities for Rotational Moulders
The North American region is prominent in terms of market share in the global rotational moulding machines market. China is anticipated to represent higher growth than other emerging countries such as India, GCC, and Mexico. The emerging economies are expected to drive the market growth by ~3%. South & East Asia are expected to be the leading regions in terms of growth rate.
Rotational Moulding Machines Market Structure Analysis
- Manufacturers in the rotational moulding machines market maintain their strategic focus on providing custom-made production-oriented machines to provide better choices as well as convenience to the consumer.
- Leading players in the rotational moulding machines market are offering PLC controlled systems to increase efficiency and reduce workforce.
- Key tier 1 players in the rotational moulding machines market include Rotomachinery Group and Ferry Industries Inc.
- The top importers of the rotational moulding machines market include U.S., India, Mexico, Hong Kong, and Brazil. These countries are expected to hold prominent market share as well as incremental opportunities during the forecast period.
Rotational Moulding Machines: The Key to ‘Easy’ & Economic’ Moulding
Rotational moulding, commonly referred to as rotomoulding, is a popular ‘method of choice’ for production of hollow plastic products of varying forms and shapes. Rotational moulding is one of the fastest growing areas of the global plastics industry over the last few decades and offers umpteen benefits unlike other processing methods. The earliest reference to the concept of moulding, that mirrors the current process of rotational moulding, was a c from Dresden, Germany that dates back to 1780-1790.
Rotational moulding machines have been, and will continue to be well-regarded for the operational advantages and unmatched versatility they offer. The type of plastic polymer used in a rotating moulding machine is entirely dependent on the end product desired by the respective use case.
One of the distinct advantages of rotational moulding machines is the ease of producing large and hollow parts, such as oil tanks, which further pins their relevance as cost-effective yet productive tools for manufacturing a wide-range of products, ranging from tanks to complex medical products. In addition, growing number of packaging requirements coming from the shipping industry is one of the broad factors that upholds the growth of rotational moulding machines market.
Rotational Moulding Machines - The Future of Precision Lies in ‘Real-Time’
Precision continues to be a critical consideration in the process of rotomoulding process. In case the mold is removed earlier than required, the polymer grains remain half-melted that further result in formation of large bubbles in the polymer with adverse impact on the overall aesthetic and performance of finished products. On the other hand, delayed removal of the mold can result in degradation of the polymer by the high-temperature environment, bringing down strength of the plastic.
Historically, the rotomoulding processes were entirely dependent upon trial & error to fix a definite processing time. However, rapid advances in technology have turned the spotlight on real-time process controls on the basis of temperature of air inside the mold.
Rotational moulding machines with real-time temperature controls not only facilitate the development of high-quality finished products but also offer significant savings in terms of energy and time. Such particulars make the feature of real-time temperature control a ‘must-have’ in case of new-age rotational moulding machines.
Asia’s Industrial Revolution Paves New Growth Alleys
Asia, the new frontier of industrial growth, is foreseen to promise new opportunities for the suppliers of rotational moulding machines. Governments in the developing as well as developed economies in Asia are incentivizing the local manufacturing of goods and putting in place various regulations to support the same, which is further complementing the sales of rotational moulding machines in this region. In addition, the pervasive trend of ‘Industry 4.0’ is further complementing the build-up of the Asian rotational moulding machines market during the assessment timeline.
‘PLC Controlled’ Machines: Towards Better Performance & Productivity
The combination of PLC with machine interfaces is an overarching trend that is estimated to grow stronger with time, and rotational moulding machines is no exception in this scenario. The roll-out of PLC-controlled moulding machines has been set in motion by growing focus on simplification of manufacturing processes, which, in turn, will condition the overall productivity rates.
PLC-controlled rotational moulding machines offer immense control to monitor the key parameters such as pressure, temperature, and storage levels, which makes them a highly-viable alternative to the non-PLC based ones.
Sensing the aforementioned, market players are focusing on development and commercialization of PLC-controlled rotational moulding machines at competitive prices to outpower their competitors. For instance, in 2019, The Persico Group - a leading manufacturer of rotational moulding machines – announced the launch of its exclusive range of fully automated machinery, wherein the heating part is controlled as well as monitored by a PLC.
How Growth Will Unfold
Key players active in the rotational moulding machines market are focusing on ramping up the production of rock & roll type machines, on account of their high demand as compared to bi-axial rotational moulding machines. Manufacturers in the rotational moulding machines market are vying to break pre-set paradigms, go beyond the traditional, and set new benchmarks in terms of customer satisfaction for the new entrants to follow suit.
Regional expansion remains at the top of the manufacturers’ strategies, given that expansion of operational bases across potential regions would help them tap into new opportunities. Participation in trade fairs and seminars remains also continues to be one of the key areas of focus of manufacturers. For instance, The Rotomachinery Group – a key player in the rotational moulding machines market – made an official announcement of its participation in Rotomold 2019, AFR Conference, and K fair 2019.
- Carousel machine
- Rock and roll type machine
- Shuttle machine
- Up and Over Rotational Machines
- Clamshell machine
- Tanks & Container
- Drums & Bins
- Carts & Carriers
- Toys & Kayaks
By End Use
- Food & Beverage
- Automotive & Marine
- Chemicals & Petrochemicals
- Other Industrial
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia