This Single Strain Probiotics market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Single Strain Probiotics market.
Single-strain Probiotics Market – Introduction
Probiotics are living microbial feed or bacteria which when taken in adequate amount can prove beneficial for the health of the host. Human intestinal flora already consists of a healthy microbiome family which is crucial to the human immune system. However, the healthy bacteria can be depleted over time due to poor diet, antibiotic consumption, and other drug usages. Probiotics are synthesized outside the human body and can be used as a supplement for the body to replenish the loss of good bacteria.
Single-strain probiotics contain a specific type of bacteria that has been known to impart specific health benefit or control the occurrence of an ailment. Growing awareness about probiotics consumption benefits coupled with aggressive marketing campaigns being conducted by manufacturers is bolstering the demand for single-strain probiotics around the world.
Single-strain Probiotics Market Dynamics
Robust Demand for Single-strain Probiotics in Nutraceuticals and F&B Market to Prevail
Growing consumer interest in the ingredients used in food and beverages is prompting manufacturers in the market to make healthy and sustainable additions in their products to lure in new consumers. Changing dietary patterns and stressful lifestyle in the global population is creating a surge in the demand for fortified food and supplements. Single-strain probiotics are increasingly being associated with inhibiting the growth of bad bacteria in the human gut, improving digestion, and enhancing the overall immunity of the host which is driving widespread adoption of probiotics in the F&B and supplements market. Food processing companies are increasingly incorporating the use of probiotics in a variety of products to capitalize on the burgeoning demand for fortified food. Intensifying research and development focusing on the adoption of probiotics in animal feed and nutrition is gradually gaining traction around the world. Incorporation of probiotics in both livestock and pet animal nutrition is on the rise with studies suggesting the introduction of a healthy microbiome family to have an array of health benefits for animal health and immune system
Potential Therapeutic Applications and Importance of Strain-specificity in Disease Treatment to Accelerate Uptake
Numerous studies researching the efficacy of probiotics in the treatment of various chronic infectious diseases is expected to uphold the growth of single-strain probiotics market. With probiotics capable of modifying the microbial ecosystem of the human gut, scientists are trying to leverage the microbiomes for enhancing gut barrier function and creation of antimicrobial substances to enhance the innate immune system response to diseases such as high serum cholesterol, HIV diseases, and cancer. This is likely to open lucrative opportunities for players in the single-strain probiotics market with demand for specialty drug segments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare market on the rise. In addition, an array of studies conducted for testing the efficacy of probiotics in disease prevention and treatment have concluded strain-specificity to be a key element for developing an elaborate treatment plan for targeting a disease. These factors are estimated to propel single-strain probiotics market proliferation.
Breakthroughs in Genomic Analysis to Uphold Single-strain Probiotics Market Proliferation
Technological headways in the genomic analysis are aiding manufacturers in the discovery of new microbiome families which can potentially aid in disease prevention and enhancement of immunity in humans and animals. Additionally, the technology is helping researchers compare the efficacy of particular strains in the treatment of particular diseases and conditions which is in line with the demand of probiotics in the pharmaceutical and healthcare market. A recent development complementing the trend was a genomic comparison between two strains of Lactobacillus for use as a potential vaginal probiotic. Advancements in technology are also helping manufacturers in editing the genetic design of microbiomes for specific use in F&B, pharmaceuticals, animal feed and nutrition, and biotechnology applications is further expected to aid in bolstering revenues in the single-strain probiotics market.
Burgeoning Popularity of Multi-strain Probiotics to Stifle Market Growth
Widespread consumer perception associating multi-strain probiotics to be more effective over their single-strain counterparts is likely to dent sales of single-strain probiotics. Intensifying research and development for studying the synergistic effects of multi-strain microbiomes and suggesting relatively higher efficacy in promoting immunity is drawing manufacturers’ interest in the segment. In addition, the lack of clear comprehension of the efficacy of multi-strain probiotics is further contributing to dampening the single-strain probiotics market growth.
Single-strain Probiotics Market – Notable Highlights
- In order to capitalize on the burgeoning demand for single-strain probiotics in pharmaceuticals and healthcare, DuPont Nutrition Bioscience announced the development of a bacteria-metabolites blend which can potentially be used for the treatment and prevention of gastrointestinal disorders in people of the ABO blood group.
- A recent development complementing the pervasive trend of intensifying research and development focused towards the use of single-strain probiotics in pharmaceutical and health industry was the release of new research by Scioto Biosciences which concluded single-strain and single-dosage delivery of Lactobacillus reuteri effectively reduced the incidence and severity of Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) in mice.
- Another key development complementing the efficacy of strain-specific use in supplement production was the release of research which suggested the use of single-strain good bacteria found in baby feces for the production of disease preventive supplement.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the global Single-strain probiotics market. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with Single-strain probiotics market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on Single-strain probiotics market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Single Strain Probiotics Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Single-strain Probiotics Market Segmentation
On the basis of the end-use application, the single-strain probiotics market can be segmented into:
- Food and beverages
- Dietary Supplements
- Animal Feed
Based on the microbiome type, the single-strain probiotics market can be segmented into:
On the basis of form, the single-strain probiotics market can be segmented into:
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing Single-strain probiotics market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth Single-strain probiotics market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected Single-strain probiotics market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in Single-strain probiotics market
- Competitive landscape of the Single-strain probiotics market
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Single-strain probiotics market performance
- Must-have information for Single-strain probiotics market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Single Strain Probiotics Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Single Strain Probiotics Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Single Strain Probiotics Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Single Strain Probiotics Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)