This Sterile Oncology Injectable market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Sterile Oncology Injectable market.
Increasing Demand for Oncology Injectable
Injectable drug delivery is the mode of introduction of a drug directly into the bloodstream of a patient. Drugs are directly injected into the bloodstream of patients, owing to which they need to be sterile. Sterile injectable drugs are usually available in liquid form. Sterile injectable drugs are usually permit to transport directly into blood stream sometimes. The manufacturing of sterile injectable drugs is a complex process and recurs high initial investment and operating cost. Major factor that is increasing the demand for sterile injectable is increasing number of cancer cases. According to the World Cancer Research Fund International (WCRFI), around 14.1 million cancer cases were accounted worldwide in 2012. As per the WCRFI, till 2035, the number is expected to reach 24 million. Small molecule monoclonal antibodies are used for cancer treatment therapy. Cancer therapies are the import engine of the growth of the sterile oncology injectable market.
Focus of the Manufacturers on Technologies, Materials and Robust Manufacturing Process
The supply of drugs is short in the U.S., with some shortage continuing for multiple years. The majority of these drugs are generic sterile injectable products. Companies are focusing on increase in supply of sterile oncology injectable. Manufactures are now focusing on superior technology and procurement of higher grade raw materials. Contract manufacturing organization can help to address drug shortage problem in North America and Europe. They adopt new technologies and rapidly transfer in sterile injectable manufacturing processes.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Sterile Oncology Injectable Market Assessment by Product Type
Dynamics of the Sterile Oncology Injectable Market
The global sterile oncology injectable market is projected witness significant growth over the forecast period due to rising prevalence of cancer globally. Increase in investment by drug manufactures in the development of sterile oncology injectable, short time frame for approval of new drug in cancer treatment are some of the key factor boosting demand for sterile oncology injectable market globally. Rapid FDA approvals of sterile oncology injectable along with shortened approval times for drug development in cancer care is helping manufacturers to accelerate drug supplies. These factors are eventually boosting the growth of the global sterile oncology injectable market. However, stringent rules and regulations in manufacture of sterile oncology injectable and high quality and care required in manufacturing, challenges in storage, packaging and distribution of oncological sterile injectable are likely to hamper the growth of sterile oncology injectable market. Also, sterile drugs require complex equipment for manufacturing.
Market Expansion Due to Agreements and Partnerships
Sterile oncology injectable manufacturers are focusing on partnership and geographical expansion in different countries to establish facilities in various regions. Pfizer has expanded its oncology portfolio with acquisition of Hospira. Hospira has a broad sterile injectable product line, which includes acute care and oncology injectable. Baxter also acquired India-based injectable firm Claris Injectable Limited and expanded its portfolio in anti-infective, analgesics and critical care and oncology injectable.
Regional Market Outlook
North America will continue to dominate the global market due to the availability of advanced technologies and more number of clinical trial, surge in demand for innovative medical technology in the U.S. According to the National Institute of Cancer in 2016, around 1,685,210 new cancer cases are likely to be diagnosed in the U.S. Europe is expected to hold second large market share in global sterile oncology injectable market due to growing prevalence of chronic diseases. Competition from low-cost pharmaceutical manufacturing countries such as India and China has led to discontinuation of many products. Asia Pacific is expected to exhibit attractive market share owing to increase in health awareness and demand for advanced medical technology in oncology treatment and increasing investments on low-cost pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Examples of some of the key players identified in the global sterile oncology injectable market are Eli Lilly & Company, Biocon Ltd, Baxter International Inc., Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, Mylan N.V., Sandoz International GmbH, Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd, and Pfizer Inc., among others. Sterile oncology injectable are used for cancer treatment and therapies. Recent M&A activities have fueled the growth prospect for sterile oncology injectable. Recent deal of US$ 17 Billion between Pfizer & Hospira provides platform for growth for Pfizer’s Global Established Pharmaceutical (GEP) business. Hospira’s generic sterile injectable products, including acute care and oncology injectable have provided boost to Pfizer’s sterile injectable offerings in oncology market. However, preference of large molecules offers a global opportunity to its manufacturers, as these are the common molecules recently used globally for oncology application.
- Catalent Pharma Solutions
- Piramal Pharma Solutions (ColdStream Laboratories)
- IDT Biologica.
Medium Scale Manufacturers/Providers:
- Biocon Ltd
- Baxter International Inc.
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC
- Sandoz International GmbH
Large Scale Manufacturers/Providers:
- Mylan N.V
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd
- Pfizer Inc.
- Eli Lilly & Company
Key Data Points Covered in Report
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Sterile Oncology Injectable Market by molecule type, distribution channel, indication and region
- Regional level market analysis of North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding China & Japan, China, Japan, Middle East & Africa by molecule type, distribution channel, indication segments and country
- Sterile Oncology Injectable Market Dynamics & Opportunity Assessment
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Sterile Oncology Injectable Market Size & Forecast 2018-2028
- Sterile Oncology Injectable Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
The market sizing of sterile oncology injectable will be done by adoption data triangulation approach. Demand side approach will be followed to assess the actual market size of sterile oncology injectable. Secondary research will be performed at the initial phase to identify the Age specific disease epidemiology, diagnosis rate and treatment pattern, as per disease indications. Each piece of information will be eventually analyzed during the entire research project, which helps build a strong base for the primary research information.
Primary research participants include demand-side users such as key opinion leaders, physicians, surgeons, nursing managers, clinical specialists who provide valuable insights on trends and clinical application of the drugs, key treatment patterns, adoption rate, and compliance rate. Quantitative and qualitative assessment of basic factors driving demand, economic factors/cycles and growth rates and strategies utilized by key players in the market is analyzed in detail while forecasting, in order to project Year-on-Year growth rates. These Y-o-Y growth projections are checked and aligned as per industry/product lifecycle and further utilized to develop market numbers at a holistic level.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Sterile Oncology Injectable Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
By Molecule Type
- Small Molecule
- Large Molecule
By Product type
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Peptides Hormones
- Ovarian Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
By Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Excluding China & Japan
- Middle East & Africa
- Shifting industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size, recent industry trends
- Key competition landscape, market structure, regulatory scenario
- Epidemiology outlook for diseases
- Economical spending, regional healthcare outlook, consumer healthcare expenditure
- Availability of drugs, cost of drugs, specificity and sensitivity of injectable
- Strategies for key players and product offerings, channel strategies, regional foot print, channel footprint
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance in terms of value and volume
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Sterile Oncology Injectable Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Sterile Oncology Injectable Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Sterile Oncology Injectable Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Sterile Oncology Injectable Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)