This Top Coated Direct Thermal Printing Films market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Top Coated Direct Thermal Printing Films market.
Global top coated direct thermal printing films market: Introduction
In the last few years, flexible packaging market has achieved tremendous growth. Top coated direct thermal printing films are mainly used for information printing of images on airline baggage tags, readymade food labels, industrial bar code applications, retail price marking and logistics labels. Barcode printing on the paper is the key application which is offered by top coated direct thermal printing films. The top coated direct thermal printing films are used in various end-use industries such as, food & beverages, electrical and electronics, retail, industrial goods etc. Top coated direct thermal printing films possess high resistance to heat, water, UV light, and chemicals, among others, as a result of which, the top coated direct thermal printing films market is expected to grow rapidly during the forecast period 2017-2025. Direct thermal printing is the technology used in top coated direct thermal printing films. Top coated direct thermal printable (DTP) films are BOPP based films with a proprietary coating which enables image formation on the films when it comes in direct contact with the thermal printer. Top coated direct thermal printing films are best suited for the indoor applications where temperatures are below 140 degrees because the image produced by it are heat, light, and chemical sensors. Due to a highly diversified scope of applications, the top coated direct thermal printing films market is expected to witness a largely positive growth, over the forecast period.
Global top coated direct thermal printing films market: Dynamics
One of the key applications of top coated direct thermal printing films is barcode printing. Over time, emergence of modern retail and trade practices has created an absolute need for real time tracking and identification of products. This is expected to be one of the major contributors to growth of the global top coated direct thermal printing films market. Barcodes find applications in shipping, logistics, and airport bags, among others. Increased demand for safety and security of the product has in turn, fueled demand for tamper evident packaging solutions, leading to growth in preference for solutions such as barcodes, and ultimately, top coated direct thermal printing films. Top coated direct thermal printing films are cost-effective, compared to other films, and therefore enjoy higher preference. As compared to films conventionally used for thermal printing, top coated direct thermal printing films are tough and have high resistance, a property which is expected to increase preference for top coated direct thermal printing films, over the forecast period. One demerit for top coated direct thermal printing films is the usage of plastic. The plastic is required to be replaced in a couple of months, due to damage by exposure to sunlight. This factor might prove to be a hurdle to growth of the global top coated direct thermal printing films market, over the forecast period.
Global top coated direct thermal printing films market: Geographical Outlook
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
The Asia Pacific region is expected to lead the global top coated direct thermal printing films market, followed by the Western Europe and North America regions. While the North America and Western Europe regions are expected to witness moderate growth of the forecast period, the APEJ region is projected to expand at a healthy CAGR, over the forecast period. The Latin America region is also expected to witness substantial growth in usage of top coated direct thermal printing films.
Global top coated direct thermal printing films market: Key Players
Some of the players operating in the global top coated direct thermal printing films market are – Cosmo Films Ltd, AM Labels, and Mondi Group, among others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Top Coated Direct Thermal Printing Films Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global top coated direct thermal printing films market: Segmentation
On the basis of material type, the global top coated direct thermal printing films market has been segmented as:
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polystyrene (PS)
On the basis of thickness, the global top coated direct thermal printing films market has been segmented as:
- <50 microns
- 50 -60 microns
- 60 -70 microns
- >70 microns
On the basis of end-user industry, the global top coated direct thermal printing films market has been segmented as:
- Food & Beverages
- Personal care & Cosmetics
- Industrial Goods
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Top Coated Direct Thermal Printing Films Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Top Coated Direct Thermal Printing Films Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Top Coated Direct Thermal Printing Films Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Top Coated Direct Thermal Printing Films Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)