This Transactional Video Demand market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Transactional Video Demand market.
A trend of pay-per-view and continuous improvements in the internet speed is creating a significant demand for transactional video on demand content. The growing media and entertainment industry along with increasing telecom service providers are fuelling the global transactional video on demand market. In the transactional video on demand model, users pay only for the content what they need. Vendors are providing attractive prices to attract the users and to retain the users.
Transactional video on demand is the delivery of video and other media over the Internet, and bypasses traditional distribution. Transactional video on demand services are related to media and entertainment and are generally less costlier than the traditional method of delivery as users pay only for the content they need. An increase in the adoption of high speed broadband, along with the increasing demand for smartphones and smart TVs, is contributing to the growth of the transactional video on demand market. Owing to this, players in the market are continuously upgrading their product portfolios in order to meet the demands of the competitive global transactional video on demand market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Transactional Video on Demand Market: Drivers and Challenges
Mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets are increasingly becoming the first go-to device for communication and content consumption. Additionally, with the rapid adoption of 4G services in developing countries and the emergence of more advanced technologies enabling smartphone users to access the internet more easily, mobile internet diffusion is expected to accelerate in the coming years and expected to drive the global transactional video on demand market significantly. Along with this, the choice of pay-per-view and trend of shifting to video on demand from linear TV shows will have a major impact on the growth of the global transactional video on demand market.
However, piracy and low bandwidth in emerging countries are the major challenges hindering the growth of the global transactional video on demand market. But, government plans for improving internet bandwidth in emerging countries is expected to overcome this problem and to drive the market significantly.
By Access Type:
By access type, the transactional video on demand market is further segmented into OTT streaming devices, desktops & laptops, smartphones & tablets, smart TVs and others. The smartphones & tablets is expected to have a major market share during the forecast period. Moreover, smart TVs segment is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period.
By Content Type:
By content type, the transactional video on demand market is segmented into entertainment; food, travel & fashion; gaming & sports; and others. The entertainment segment is expected to have major market share during the forecast period.
By Availability Type:
By availability type, the transactional video on demand market is segmented into electronic sell through and download to rent.
In October 2016, FloSports, a subscription-based sports media company, which offers live events, launched its new OTT app on Apple TV and Roku. Apart from live events, this app streams studio shows, documentaries, original content, and program highlights.
In February 2018, Roku announced the availability of YouTube on select Roku devices. YouTube enabled Roku users to stream local and national news, live sports, and other live events.
The key players in the global transactional video on demand market are Apple Inc., Google Inc., Vixy, Limelight Networks, Lightbox TV, Pathe Thuis, and Redbox, among others.
Transactional video on demand market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, SEA and Other APAC, Japan, China and Middle East & Africa. Presently, North America and Western Europe hold a large market share of the global transactional video on demand market, due to the high speed broadband availability and high penetration of smartphones in these regions.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Transactional Video Demand Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Transactional Video on Demand Market: Segmentation
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Transactional Video Demand Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Transactional Video Demand Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Transactional Video Demand Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Transactional Video Demand Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.