Urology Imaging Systems Market - Key Research Findings
- Global urology imaging systems market size in 2017 – nearly US$ 325 Mn
- The urology imaging systems market will observe just-under 4% CAGR over 2018-2028
- According to the recent statistical data of the American Urological Association Foundation (AUAF) -
- A sizable patient population suffers from the most common urological disorders such as BPH 9benign prostatic hyperplasia) and kidney or ureteral stone.
- Urinary incontinence is commonplace among over 15 million people in the US alone.
- UTIs (urinary tract infections) also are recorded to affect almost 40% female population and around 12% of the male population in the US.
- High rate of prevalence signifies the demand for diagnostic tools such as urology imaging systems worldwide, though particularly in the US.
- North America and Europe will remain the largest regional markets for urology imaging systems
- The presence of large, ever-expanding patient pool will continue to generate substantial demand for urology imaging systems.
- Asia Pacific holds high growth potential for urology imaging systems market
- Rapidly thriving rate of chronic disease prevalence, increasing number of diagnostic centers, and growing sophistication of healthcare infrastructure will heavily contribute to the growth of urology imaging systems market within APAC, particularly in fast progressing economies such as China and India.
- Ultrasound systems will remain most preferred urology imaging systems
- High accuracy and reliability of diagnosis secures dominance of ultrasound urology imaging systems over other tools selling in the urology imaging systems market.
Top 3 Factors Shaping Urology Imaging System Market
Demand for Easier Accessibility for Clinical Data Favoring Urology Imaging Systems Adoption
Increasing adoption of urology imaging systems by non-radiologists is prominently pushing the sales. In line with increasing demand for easy access to instant clinical information, the miniaturization of ultrasound urology imaging systems and innovation of PC-based designs have made it conceivable to pack expanding measures of handling units into compact urology imaging systems. This according to FMI is expected to remain the key factor driving demand for urology imaging systems at a global level.
Portable Urology Imaging Systems Trending the Mainstream
Portable urology imaging systems have been gaining ground among non-radiology specialists recently, which marks an important trend in the urology imaging systems landscape. Leading industry brands such as GE, Siemens, Philips, and Toshiba are investing in commercialization of their cutting edge, handheld models of urology imaging systems, in an effort to raise the patient compliance. Increasing international travel cases with pocket ultrasound imaging tools is also a major booster to this trend in the urology imaging systems market.
Refurbished Imaging Tools Still Preferred over New Urology Imaging Systems
While high price point of new urology imaging tools over refurbished counterparts has been a longstanding challenge restricting the revenue growth of urology imaging systems market, additional costs associated with their installation and radiation shielding will further continue to be the key restraint facing urology imaging systems market.
Urology Imaging Systems Market Structure Analysis
- The global urology imaging systems market represents a consolidated competition landscape wherein Tier 1 companies hold more than 52% revenue share.
- Top companies in the urology imaging systems market include GE Healthcare, Siemens AG, Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, and Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- While most of the key players maintain strategic focus on North American and Western European markets, the report underscores that technology assessment will be an important developmental strategy for companies.
- Leading players in urology imaging systems market are also concentrating on the rising handheld/portable trend, whereas cost competitiveness will remain a strong differentiation strategy.
- Important entrants in the urology imaging systems market such as Aloka and Sonosite are strategizing on new product launches - Aloka ProSound SSD-5500 Ultrasound Machine and SonoSite NanoMaxx Ultrasound Machine among the latest - for extended portfolios.
- Japanese manufacturers such as Toshiba, Hitachi, and Fujifilm have been substantially contributing towards the revenue growth of urology imaging systems market.
- The number of international resellers of new and refurbished urology imaging systems in increasing at a rapid pace.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Urology Imaging Systems- Portability at the Forefront of Innovation and Research
Portable urology imaging systems with better software, cloud-based solution and with higher magnified visualization are gaining traction. In addition, key players in the market are focusing on the rising portable medical device trend, while cost competitiveness remains strong differentiating strategy. However, the cost associated with the installation of the system continues to be the restricting factor.
Increasing Emphasis on the Promising Field of Minimally Invasive Technology
A particular emphasis is on the minimally invasive technique resulting in the reduced blood loss, infection rates, and shortening the length of hospital stay. End-users including hospitals, clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers are focusing on adopting the urology imaging systems that are designed to improve minimally invasive procedures. In addition, increasing use of robotics in urology is influencing the demand for minimally invasive imaging technology.
North America to Emerge as Largest Regional Market in Urology Imaging Systems
Increasing healthcare expenditure and advanced healthcare facilities are influencing the growth in the urology systems market in the region. The US accounts for the largest share in urology imaging systems market in North America owing to the increasing prevalence of urological disorders.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), around 30 million people in the US are estimated to have chronic kidney disease and kidney diseases are the ninth leading cause of death in the country. Meanwhile, improved reimbursement policies are also influencing the growth of the urology imaging systems market globally.
The Broader Perspective
Providing high accuracy and reliability of diagnosis, ultrasound systems are likely to emerge as the most preferred urology imaging systems. With the presence of a large and ever-expanding patient pool, hospitals and diagnostic centers are expected to generate significant demand for urology imaging systems in the coming years. However, the demand for refurbished urology imaging tools is increasing owing to the high cost of new urology imaging tools.
How Growth will Unfold
The increasing number of procedures for urological diseases, renal treatment, urolithiasis, diagnostics and others in the hospitals is resulting in the hospitals as the significant marketplace for manufacturers of urological imaging systems in the current scenario. Moreover, rise in the number of independent imaging and diagnosis centers across regions is also likely to contribute to the growth urology imaging systems market.
Based on product type
- Ultrasound Systems
- Fluoroscopy Based Systems
Based on End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Diagnosis Centers
Based on Region
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East & Africa (MEA).