This Automotive Alloys market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Alloys market.
The global automotive alloys market is estimated to grow phenomenally owing to rapid urbanization, increasing vehicle production and fuel efficiency regulations. The global automotive alloy market has immense growth potential in terms of electric vehicle production and integration of advanced safety and comfort technologies in vehicles.
The global automotive industry is gradually transitioning towards light weighted vehicles. Due to a growing demand for safety and comfort technologies, automotive vehicles are becoming heavier. Light weighted vehicles are more fuel efficient and contribute to reducing emissions. Research and development on fuel economy of automotive vehicles shows a direct correlation between fuel efficiency and vehicle weight. This has influenced the trend to reduce weight in automobiles and to opt for light weighted alloys in automotive body panels. Thus, OEMs are now getting inclined to use lighter materials in vehicles. Growing demand for fuel efficient vehicles, and government regulations on reduction in vehicle weight are estimated to drive the growth of light weighted automotive alloys in automobiles. Automotive alloys are classified as steel alloys, magnesium alloys, aluminium alloys and others (composites).
In the global automotive alloys market, steel alloys account for the largest market share owing to a growing demand for steel alloys in India and China for manufacturing vehicles. Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in the automotive industry use magnesium alloy as a light metal alloy. Magnesium alloy offers thermal stability, strength, rigidity, ductility and specific strength; it also weighs lighter. Magnesium alloy is primarily used in the automotive body & chassis structure of a vehicle (oil pumps, housings, the crank shaft, the cylinder crankcase, mounts, brackets and the radiator support), and other interior parts. The market for magnesium alloys is estimated to grow at a stable rate over the forecast period. The aluminium alloy segment is estimated to grow fastest owing to a high demand for light weighted vehicles with aluminium alloys.
Global Automotive Alloys: Market Dynamics
It is projected that the global automotive alloys market will be driven by the high demand of light weighted vehicles and the increasing pace of vehicle production. Also, the global automotive alloys market is estimated to be fuelled by rapid urbanization and regulations on fuel efficiency and greenhouse emissions.
In the global automotive alloys market, the relatively high cost of magnesium and aluminium alloys may hamper growth over the forecast period.
Global Automotive Alloys Market: Regional Outlook
Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the largest market for automotive alloys due to stable economic growth, increasing vehicle production, rapid urbanization and the growing demand for light weighted vehicles over the forecast period. The countries contributing largely to the growth of the Asia-Pacific automotive alloys market are China, India, South Korea, Indonesia, and Thailand. In countries such as China and India, a large population base has contributed to the increase in automobiles sales.
Japan, Latin America and Middle East & Africa are expected to grow at a steady rate over the forecast period. North America and Europe are matured markets for automotive alloys.
Global Automotive Alloys: Market Participants
Some of the market participants identified in the global automotive alloys market are:
- AMG Advanced Metallurgical Group N.V.
- KOBE STEEL, LTD
- Novelis, Inc.
- UACJ Corporation
- ArcelorMittal S.A.
- Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation
- Norsk Hydro ASA
- thyssenkrupp AG
- Alcoa Corporation
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Alloys Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Automotive Alloys Market: Segmentation
Following is the segmentation for the global automotive alloys market:
On the basis of type of alloy, the global automotive alloys market is segmented as
On the basis of application, the global automotive alloys market is segmented as
On the basis of type of vehicle, the global automotive alloys market segmented as
- Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV)
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle (HCV)
- Passenger Car
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automotive Alloys Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automotive Alloys Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automotive Alloys Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automotive Alloys Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.