This Automotive Connectors market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Connectors market.
Automotive Connectors Market - An Overview
Automotive connectors are of two types such as sealed and unsealed connectors. The sealed connectors are used in engine compartment and unsealed connectors are used under the vehicle body. Rising demand for automotive safety are driving needs for sophisticated automotive sensors during the forecast period.
The maximum electrical connections in a car are made of copper cables. Nowadays, major manufacturers are replacing copper cables with plastic optical fiber (POF) for increase data transmission, design flexibility and reduce vehicle weight. Plastic optical fiber needs sophisticated automotive connectors. Rising demand for plastic optical fiber in the automotive industry is driving the demand for automotive connectors.
Automotive Connectors Market – Novel Developments
Key players major strategy lies in focusing on cutting edge technologies which are specialized but comprehensive. Moreover, leading players in the Automotive Connectors market are also channelizing their efforts toward mergers and acquisitions as a crucial part of the company’s growth & expansion strategy.
- In July 2019, Amphenol Corporation partnered with SV Microwave, to provide a number of millimeter wave and SMPx coaxial connectors and cable assemblies for automation and robotics development.
- In May 2019, Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. has acquired Sinterwerke Herne GmbH, and Sinterwerke Grenchen AG, for expand its sales channels to cover European automakers and components manufacturers and increase the presence of its powder metal products business in Europe, and further global business opportunities
- In September 2018, TE Connectivity introduced online store with instant access to pricing, product inventory. TE connectivity which offers through online stores such as customers to have option for purchase featured products direct through TE.com or choose distributors, along with immediate access to product pricing, daily updates on product availability, and flexible shipping and delivery options.
Automotive Connectors Market- Dynamics
Automotive Connectors Market- Safety and Security Features
Safety and security features such as cruise control, keyless entry, lane departure warning, anti-theft alarm system, and auto emergency braking useful in avoiding fatal accidents as well as provide higher levels of security. Such advanced features are integrated within a vehicle using a considerable number of electronic components. Connectors play a significant role in offering proper power distribution to electronic components. These factors are increasing the demand for automotive connectors market during the forecast period.
Automotive Connectors Market- Growth in Electric Vehicles
Increasing in adoption of electric vehicles with a target to control vehicle emissions has led to increase in usage of electronic components in vehicle. The automotive industry is undergoing a transition phase due to increased adoption of autonomous cars and vehicle to vehicle communication. The rising demand for vehicular communication is expected to drive the automotive connectors market growth. In automotive industry, electronics usage has grown steadily over the last few years, due to the introduction of advanced features such as driverless features, voice commands, etc. As the industry is moving towards hybrid and electric vehicles the opportunity for automotive connectors is also increasing globally.
Automotive Connectors Market- Development of Combined Connector Technology
The development of combined connector technology is significant trends which expected to gain traction in the automotive connectors market. Combined connector technology increases wire retention, PCB attachment capabilities, offer robust resistance to shock, high temperatures, thermal expansion, and vibration over long period of time. Combined connectors are more reliable than conventional cable for connecting two PCBs, that are near but not in the same orientation or alignment location. Also, the development of combined automotive connectors technology is estimated to meet the increasing demand for efficient and reliable connectors for automotive applications in harsh environments.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the global automotive connectors market. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with automotive connectors market attractiveness as per segments. The report on automotive connectors market also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on automotive connectors market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Connectors Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Automotive Connectors Market- Segmentation
By product type, the automotive connectors market is segmented into
- Fiber Optic
By accessories, the automotive connectors market is segmented into
- Connector Caps & Covers
- EMC Shielding
- Locks and Position Accessories
- Other Connector Accessories
By connectivity, the automotive connectors market is segmented into
- Wire to Board
- Wire to Wire
By application, the automotive connectors market is segmented into
Automotive Connectors Market- Report Highlights:
- A detailed overview of parent market of as automotive connectors market
- Changing automotive connectors market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth segmentation of the automotive connectors market
- Historical, current, and projected automotive connectors market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in automotive connectors market
- Competitive landscape of the automotive connectors market strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on automotive connectors market performance
- Must-have information for automotive connectors market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automotive Connectors Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automotive Connectors Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automotive Connectors Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automotive Connectors Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.