This Automotive Mufflers market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Mufflers market.
The installation of a muffler can make a significant difference to the noise level of a car. The primary function of an automotive muffler is to reduce the noise emissions from an engine. Automotive mufflers reduce noise production simply by allowing exhaust gases to pass through passages. Two types of automotive mufflers are available in the market: Reactive or reflective mufflers and absorptive mufflers. Automotive mufflers consist of baffle plates, a shell, end plates, perforated and non-perforated pipes and absorption materials. Automotive mufflers have the properties of reactive mufflers as well as absorptive mufflers. Whereas the reactive mufflers use destructive interference to reduce noise emissions, the absorptive mufflers reduce unwanted sound energy through absorption. For automotive mufflers to function properly, various characteristics like backpressure, desired sound, shape, cost, style, adequate insertion loss and durability must be kept in mind during the designing process. Since muffler modification offers better aesthetics and enhanced performance, it is a growing trend in countries such as Australia where young drivers expect more from their rides. Automotive mufflers usually have an elliptical, or circular cross-section design. However, most drivers prefer the circular cross section design as it is best suited to drivers and delays the onset of higher order modes in vehicles.
Automotive Muffler Market: Dynamics:
Since the optimal design of mufflers results in reduced noise from engines and enhanced fuel saving, these two factors are expected to drive the global automotive mufflers market during the forecast period. Furthermore, stringent government regulations regarding noise pollution in various regions such as North America, Western Europe and the APEJ are expected to drive the global automotive mufflers market. Moreover, the recent development of long strand fibrous materials used in exhaust systems without binders has led to their use in combination mufflers, which will further fuel the growth of the global automotive mufflers market during the forecast period.
Constraints concerning cost, backpressure and shape & size of automotive mufflers – larger mufflers are quite expensive ---- may hamper growth of the global automotive mufflers market. Furthermore, designing for sufficient insertion loss at engine firing frequency and the first few harmonics, in turn, may hamper the growth of global automotive mufflers market during the forecast period.
Automotive Muffler Market: Segmentation:
The Global automotive mufflers market is segmented on the basis of product type, material type, sales channel and vehicle type. On the basis of product type, the global automotive mufflers market is segmented into absorptive and reactive mufflers. Based on material type, the global automotive mufflers market is segmented into stainless steel, carbon fiber, aluminum and titanium mufflers. On the basis of sales channel, the global automotive mufflers market is segmented into original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and aftermarket. On the basis of vehicle type, the global automotive mufflers market is segmented into two-wheelers, passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and heavy commercial vehicles.
Automotive Muffler Market: Key Participants:
Some of the key participants in the global automotive mufflers market are:
- AP Exhaust Products
- ONYX AUTO INDIA
- Munjal Auto Industries Limited
- Mark Exhaust
- HYAUTOMOTIVE CORP.
- The Dinex Group
Automotive Muffler Market: Region-wise Outlook:
Owing to the growing automotive industry in China and India as well as the stringent government regulations, the Asia-Pacific excluding Japan is expected to show significant growth during the forecast period. Other than this, North America is expected to dominate the automotive mufflers market due to the stringent environmental regulations laid by the government to reduce greenhouse effect. Owing to the existence of a large automotive industry in Germany and other European countries, Western Europe is expected to grow considerably during the forecast period. Japan is expected to show stagnant growth in the automotive muffler market over the forecast period. Increasing demand for cars and heavy duties vehicles in Middle East & Africa and Latin America will lead to increased demand for automotive mufflers and hence, the market expected to show high growth during the forecast period.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Mufflers Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Automotive Mufflers Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automotive Mufflers Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automotive Mufflers Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automotive Mufflers Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automotive Mufflers Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.