This Bionic Eye market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Bionic Eye market.
Among the five senses, the sense of vision is most crucial of all for quality of life. But for those who have lost their vision either due to retinal degenerative conditions or due to any accidental condition, the development of Bionic eye provide a ray of hope for restoring the visual capabilities. The bionic organs are artificial organs constructed in a way so that they can imitate the functions of the damaged organ so that it can operate properly. The market is projected to grow during the forecast period owing to the increasing demand for artificial organs in the healthcare sector.
Bionic Eye Market: Drivers and Restraints
Some of driving factors that can propel the Bionic eye market include age and age related disorders, increasing accidents and injuries and growth in the number of organ transplant cases. One of the key factor is the increase of visually impaired patients is the expanding number of aging population in the world. As per the WHO, around 285 million people globally aged 50 or above are visually impaired (i.e., approximately 65%). Furthermore, alternative therapies such as anti-angiogenic drugs, laser therapy, Photodynamic Laser Therapy (PTD), and vitamins fails to completely cure Age Related Macular Degeneration and Retinitis Pigmentosa, thus giving momentum to the bionic eye market. However, high cost of device, limited surgical professionals, re-imbursement conditions in different regions and stringent regulatory guidelines are the reason restraining the growth of Bionic eye market.
Bionic Eye Market: Overview
According to WHO estimates, 285 million people are visually impaired worldwide, with 39 million being blind. Also, low income countries account for 90 percent of people with visual impairments. Owing to rising income and growing awareness among the rising economies like India and China, the market for Bionics is poised to see a growth in the forecasted years.
Bionic Eye Market: Region-wise Outlook
Depending on geographic regions, market is segmented into seven key regions: North America, South America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific, Japan and Middle East & Africa. North America is expected to occupy the largest market share in 2015, followed by Europe.North America is leading market for Second sight Argus II implant while phase II trial of Retinal Implant in the US is already going on.
Bionic Eye Market: Key Players
The Key market players for global Bionic eye market areSecond Sight Medical Products, Inc., Retina Implant AG. Strategic acquisitions, geographic expansion, agreements, new product launches and collaborations are the major adopted strategies by most key players to achieve growth in the global Bionic eye.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, type of product and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Bionic Eye Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Bionic Eye Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Bionic Eye Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Bionic Eye Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Bionic Eye Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Bionic Eye Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)