This Blackcurrant Powder market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Blackcurrant Powder market.
Blackcurrant, scientifically known as as Ribes Nigrum, is a blackberry. Attributing to its medicinal benefits, blackcurrant has been witnessing strong demand across regions such as Northern and Central Asia and Northern Europe. Blackcurrant berries are dried and ground to obtain blackcurrant powder, which is commonly used as a flavoring agent in foods and beverages, owing to its distinctive taste. Blackcurrant powder can be sprinkled over smoothies, teas, yogurts, oatmeal or even desserts to impart a unique flavor. Blackcurrant powder is rich in nutrients and carries all the nutrition of a blackcurrant; thus, it is increasingly being preferred by consumers as a flavoring agent.
The market for fruit powders has been witnessing significant growth, which has been providing positive impetus to the blackcurrant powder market. With increasing awareness of food ingredients among consumers, the demand for natural and healthy ingredients has been growing. Customers are preferring natural ingredients over conventional ones, which in turn is driving the demand for blackcurrant powder as it serves as a great alternative in imparting a natural and healthy blackcurrant flavor to any food or beverage.
Blackcurrant Powder is tagged as a ‘Super-Food’ as it offers a Balance of Nutrition, Taste & Health Benefits
Blackcurrant has been labeled as a ‘super-food’ and is trending in the food and beverage market, owing to its versatile health benefits. In terms of nutrition, taste and favor, blackcurrant powder is at par with fresh blackcurrant fruit. In fact, if offers added advantages over the fresh fruit as it can be stored and preserved for longer periods of time, unlike the fruit. Not only is blackcurrant powder a delicious addition to diet, but it also offers health benefits. Nutritionally, blackcurrant powder is known to have calcium, potassium, magnesium, vitamin A and vitamin C. It has also been proved as an extremely good food source for better vision. Blackcurrant powder can also beat other fruit powders available in the market in terms of antioxidant content. Thus, consumers are increasingly preferring blackcurrant powder, owing to its health and nutritional benefits.
Examples of some of the market participants identified in the global blackcurrant powder market are FutureCeuticals, Connoils, Waitaki Biosciences, LYO FOOD GmbH, New Zealand Pharmaceuticals Limited and CropPharms, LLC.
Global Blackcurrant Powder Market: Key Developments
The applications of blackcurrant powder are not restricted to flavoring agents in the food and beverage market. It is also used in cosmetics and pharmaceutical markets, among several others. Research and development is underway to uncover the new and innovative uses of blackcurrant powder. For instance, Active Micro Technologies, a research-oriented company, in order to create effective and natural antimicrobials with new formulations and innovative applications, has developed PhytoCide Black Currant Powder. The aim and science behind this blackcurrant powder was the isolation of phytochemicals from blackcurrant in the form of blackcurrant powder. This blackcurrant powder can be used as an antimicrobial agent in cosmetic and personal care products.
Developments and expansion are also underway in Europe for blackcurrant production. New and modernized techniques are being implemented to improve blackcurrant production. Better farming is increasing the availability of blackcurrant in the market, which in turn is leading to the growth of the blackcurrant powder market.
Opportunities for Market Participants
The blackcurrant powder market is pegged to have great opportunities for growth on the backdrop of the incorporation of new and advanced technologies for blackcurrant extraction and processing. Such technologies are expected to reduce the production cost of blackcurrant powder as well the additional expenditures faced by manufacturers. Also, the implementation of organic farming for organic blackcurrant powder can help manufacturers follow the global trend of organic products. In addition, selling blackcurrant powder products with labels such as Non-GMO, Vegan, Organic and others that help depict the production story of blackcurrant powder are expected to help increase sales in the market.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Blackcurrant Powder Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Blackcurrant Powder Market: Segmentation
On the basis of end-use industry, the market has been segmented as:
- Food and Beverage
On the basis of the nature of production, the market has been segmented as:
On the basis of packaging, the market has been segmented as:
- Plastic Jar
- Glass Jar
On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segmented as:
- Specialty Store
- Grocery store
- Online retailers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Blackcurrant Powder Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Blackcurrant Powder Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Blackcurrant Powder Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Blackcurrant Powder Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)