This Carbon Disulfide Market market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Carbon Disulfide Market market.
First manufactured commercially around 1880, carbon disulfide is a volatile, flammable liquid primarily used as a building block of organic chemicals and as solvents in industrial and chemical processes. Carbon disulfide’s most important industrial application includes manufacture of regenerated cellulose and cellophane. It is also used as a feedstock for carbon tetrachloride production. In the food industry, carbon disulfide is used to protect fresh fruit from insects and fungus during shipping as well as in the solvent extraction of growth inhibitors. Other applications include cold vulcanization of rubber, synthesizing rubber accelerators, xanthates, and resins. It is also used in manufacture of pesticides and sulfur organic compounds for pharmaceutical.
Carbon Disulfide Market: Drivers and restraints
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
However, hazardous effects of carbon disulfide on human health are expected to inhibit the market growth. It is claimed to have neurologic effects including behavioral and neurophysiologic changes when exposed for longer time. Environmental agencies such as EPS, OSHA, AIHA ERPG, NIOSH have put stringent regulations on exposure and utilizations limits of carbon disulfide use in various products. Additionally, rayon is being substituted by lyocell that does not use carbon disulfide in synthesis. This substitution is expected to hamper the market growth of carbon disulfide.
Carbon Disulfide Market: Segmentation
Carbon Disulfide Market: Region wise outlook
Asia, including Japan, accounted for majority of world production and consumption of carbon disulfide. China is the most dominant consumer in this industry, followed by India. Western Europe also accounts for a significant proportion in global consumption of carbon disulfide. Stringent environmental regulations and shift of manufacturing bases to Asia Pacific region is causing slow growth in Europe. Demand for carbon disulfide from North America is submissive due to occupational health hazards caused by carbon disulfide. Hence, North America primarily imports carbon disulfide based chemicals and derivatives from Asia Pacific region.
Carbon Disulfide Market: Key market players
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, technology and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Carbon Disulfide Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The carbon disulfide market can be segmented based on applications as:
Some of the key players identified in the global carbon disulfide market are:
- GFS Chemicals Inc.
- Arkema Inc.
- Shanghai Baijin Chemical Group
- Avantor Materials
- ShanXi Jinxinghua Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Manass Jinyunli Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Jiangsu Jinshan Chemical Co. Ltd.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint