This Chitosan Powder market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Chitosan Powder market.
Chitosan Powder Market Outlook
Chitosan powder is obtained by treating the shells of crabs and other crustaceans with an alkaline substance such as sodium hydroxide. The shell waste contains a high amount of chitin which is further processed to manufacture glucosamine, chitosan, and other by-products. It is a deacetylated form of chitin. Chitosan powder is a biopolymer and has many beneficial properties such as biorenewability, biodegradability, biocompatibility, nontoxicity, and bioadhesivity, and thus, has applications in personal care and cosmetic industry, the pharmaceutical industry, and various other industries. Chitosan powder is obtained from various sources such as crabs, lobster, shrimp, etc.
The Biodegradable Property Increases the Demand for Chitosan Powder
The occurrence of obesity and the overweight problem is increasing at a high rate across various regions of the world. According to WHO, in 2016, 13% of the adults were obese, and 39% of the adults were overweight. Therefore, consumers are trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle and prefer the use of dietary supplements to fulfill the nutritional requirement of the body. The increase in weight management problems is expected to serve as a driver for the chitosan powder market. Chitosan powder is a dietary fiber and is used as a weight loss dietary supplement. Some studies have shown that chitosan helps to reduce fat absorption, and thus, can reduce the overall calorie content which helps in weight management. Therefore, the increase in obesity and overweight problems are anticipated to increase the chitosan powder market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Chitosan powder helps in promoting blood coagulation and further enables wound healing. It also helps to improve immunity, maintains blood sugar level, guards against hypertension, etc. Some scientific studies have shown that chitosan has biological properties, such as antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-tumor activities. These benefits of chitosan powder are anticipated to increase its demand in the pharmaceutical industry.
The water conditioning and wastewater treatment are major future issues. The wastewater treatment requires high use of chemicals, and the excess use of chemicals will further cause the pollution of the environment. Thus, there is a need for a biodegradable chemical that can effectively treat the water with any negative impact on the environment. Therefore, the use of chitosan powder serves as a suitable option as it is available in large quantity and is a biodegradable product.
Every year more than 6 million tons of lobster, crab and shrimp shell's waste is produced all across the world which is dumped in sea and landfill. This waste can be used to produce chitin, which can be further deacetylated to produce chitosan powder which has applications wastewater treatment, textile, and various other industries. The availability of abundant crustacean shell waste serves as an opportunity for the manufacturers to produce cost-effective chitosan powder.
Chitosan Powder Market: Regional Analysis
The Asia Pacific region has problems related to wastewater treatment. The increase in population without any access to sanitation is increasing the water pollution levels and therefore, the need for water treatment chemicals is expected to increase at a rapid rate in the Asia-Pacific region. Chitosan powder is a suitable option as a waste-water treatment chemical because it is available in abundant quantity and is a biodegradable and cost-effective chemical. Therefore, due to the following reasons, the chitosan powder market is anticipated to increase at a high rate in the Asia Pacific region.
Chitosan Powder Market: Key Participants
Some of the market participants in the Chitosan Powder market are:
- T.C. Bio Corporation
- Advanced Biopolymers AS
- Meron Group
- Amicogen, Inc.
- Heppe Medical Chitosan GmbH
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Comgraf SAS
- Kitozyme S.A.
- Jiangyin Healthway International Trade Co., Ltd
- Primex ehf
- Agratech International, Inc.
- FMC Corporation
- Panvo Organics Pvt Ltd.
- Kraeber & Co GmbH
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Chitosan Powder market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as product type, application, and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Chitosan Powder Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Chitosan Powder Market Size
- Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to chitosan powder market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in the chitosan powder market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of chitosan powder
- Value Chain Analysis of the chitosan powder market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on chitosan powder market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Chitosan Powder Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Chitosan Powder Market Segmentation
The Chitosan Powder market can be segmented on the basis of source, grade, end use, and distribution channel:
On the basis of source, the Chitosan Powder market can be segmented as:
- Others (Lobster, Turtle, etc.)
On the basis of grade, the Chitosan Powder market can be segmented as:
- Pharmaceutical Grade
- Food Grade
- Agricultural Grade
- Industrial Grade
On the basis of end use, the Chitosan Powder market can be segmented as:
- Food and Beverage Industry
- Personal Care and Cosmetic Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Dietary Supplement Industry
- Textile Industry
- Others (Wastewater treatment, Animal Feed, etc.)
On the basis of the distribution channel, the chitosan powder market is segmented into-
- Direct Sales/B2B
- Indirect Sales/B2C
- Hypermarkets/ Supermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Retailing
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the chitosan powder market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the chitosan powder market
- Competitive landscape of the chitosan powder market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on chitosan powder market performance
- Must-have information for chitosan powder market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Chitosan Powder Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Chitosan Powder Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Chitosan Powder Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Chitosan Powder Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)