CLAY COATED RECYCLED BOXBOARD MARKET: KEY RESEARCH FINDINGS
- The global clay coated recycled boxboard market was valued at US$ 7 Bn in 2019.
- Expanding e-Commerce ecosystem and evolving customer expectations are underpinning market growth.
- Clay coated board recycled (CBR) continues to engage market players; clay coated recycled multi-ply (CBO) to gain traction.
- Food & beverages packaging would remain a key revenue generator in the clay coated recycled boxboard market.
- East Asia market continues to make significant strides; market in South Asia to experience stellar growth.
KEY FACTORS SHAPING CLAY COATED RECYCLED BOXBOARD MARKET GROWTH
Growing Preference for Sustainable Packaging Solutions
Sustainable packaging formats have been a top priority among various industrials, especially retailers and food processors. Several multinational cereal companies and global retailers such as Kellogg's and Quaker are putting greater focus on leveraging bio-degradable packaging materials such as clay coated recycled boxboard.
These companies are teaming up with multi-stakeholders (Environmental Defense Fund and WWF) with the aim to reduce the ecological burden. Such international agencies are encouraging sustainability-centric transformation in packaging materials. These themes are working in favor of the clay coated recycled boxboard market.
Ban on Lightweight Plastic Bags
Clay coated recycled boxboard is easily reusable and recyclable as compared to other materials such as metals and plastics. Growing preference for rigid paper-based packaging owing to rising consumer awareness regarding harmful effects of plastic on the environment is bolstering the adoption of clay coated recycled boxboard. In addition, bans on lightweight single-use plastic bags across several countries will have a measurable impact on the clay coated recycled boxboard market.
Vertical & Horizontal Mergers of Multinational e-Commerce Companies
The e-Commerce industry has been witnessing top-line growth over the last few years, and, in turn, this is translating into increasing adoption of clay coated recycled boxboard for easy transportation. e-Commerce companies are entering into partnerships with domestic and regional suppliers in order to strengthen their supply chains and leverage bulk orders and offer discounts. For instance, Amazon acquired Souq.com and Whole food in 2017. As such, manufacturers in the clay coated recycled boxboard market must tap this opportunity to get well-placed outsized returns.
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic spreads across continents, myriads of retail stores have shut their doors, uncertain as to when they would restart. Self-isolation norms and manufacturing standstills have further added to adversities of the clay coated recycled boxboard market. However, certain revenue pockets such as e-Commerce and processed food industries are influencing market players to ramp up the manufacturing of clay coated recycled boxboard to keep pace with the demand from these end-use industries.
CLAY COATED RECYCLED BOXBOARD MARKET STRUCTURE ANALYSIS
- The global clay coated recycled boxboard market is highly fragmented, with key players accounting for less than one-fifth of the overall market value.
- While leading players are collaborating with domestic manufacturers to enhance their regional footprint, emerging players are improving their supply chains to sustain in a highly competitive environment.
- Base Year - 2020
- Historical Period - 2015 - 2019
- Forecast Period - 2020-2030
- Market Value in 2019 - US$ 7.2 Bn
- Segments Covered - Material, End Use, and Region
- Regions Covered - North America, Latin America, Europe, South Asia, East Asia, Oceania, and the Middle East & Africa
- Key Companies - International Paper Company, Smurfit Kappa and WestRock, GreenPaper, Paperworks Industries Inc., Netpak, Greif, GreenPaper, Strathcona Paper LP, TPC Group Co. Ltd., and Spartan Paperboard Company.
- Growth Drivers -
- Increasing application in snacks packaging
- Growing preference for sustainable packaging formats
- Ban on single-use plastic bags in various countries
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Adoption of Clay Coated Recycled Boxboard by End Use
Manufacturers of clay coated recycled boxboard would create substantial value from food & beverage packaging applications, especially in the snacks packaging industry. Several food companies and retailers have significantly benefitted from paper and paperboard materials, which account for over 70% of food & beverages packaging.
Towards the end of the projection timeframe, the adoption of clay coated recycled boxboard in the packaging of food and beverages would value around US$ 5 Bn in the clay coated recycled boxboard market share. Furthermore, top players in the clay coated recycled boxboard market are unleashing meaningful business opportunities in pharmaceutical packaging.
Regional Outlook of Clay Coated Recycled Boxboard Market
The East Asia clay coated recycled boxboard market will continue to make material progress over the following decade, attributable to the rapid expansion of pharmaceutical and personal care industries. The government in China has imposed a ban on the usage of single-use plastic packaging in an effort to curb the ecological burden. Moreover, the e-Commerce ecosystem in the country is making fast-paced progress. In similar fashion, stakeholders are also investing in the South Asia clay coated recycled boxboard market, which is following a robust growth curve.
e-Commerce Industry to Steer Revenue Development
The e-Commerce sector has been making considerable strides over the past few years, especially in developing regions - China and India. Incumbents are entering into collaborations with local and regional distributors to strengthen their supply chains as well as acquire bulk orders and offer discounts on them. Case in point, Amazon has teamed up with Whole Food and Souq.com. These activities are fueling the demand for folding carton products, and, as such, players in the clay coated recycled boxboard market must grab this opportunity to accelerate revenue growth.
How Growth will Unfold
Clay coated board recycled (CBR) find immense use in packaging applications that require graphic printing and enhanced aesthetics to attract a larger consumer base, such as on cereal boxes. Around 7 out of 10 stakeholders are capitalizing on CBR. However, revenue share of clay coated board recycled would stagnate slightly over the years ahead. Market players are also unpacking growth avenues in clay coated recycled multi-ply (CBO), and yet, they would remain glued to CBR for bigger margins.
CLAY COATED RECYCLED BOXBOARD MARKET TAXONOMY
The global clay coated recycled boxboard market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present complete market intelligence to the readers.
- Clay Coated Board Recycled (CBR)
- Clay Coated Recycled Multi-ply (CBO)
- Food & Beverages Packaging
- Pharmaceuticals Packaging
- Cosmetics, Personal Care & Homecare Packaging
- Automotive Parts Packaging
- Electrical & Electronics Packaging
- Apparel & Footwear Packaging
- Others (Printing & Publishing, Transportation & Logistics, etc.)
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia