This Contactless Payment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Contactless Payment market.
Contactless payment is the mode where in secure payment transactions are done using technologies such as bluetooth, infrared, radio frequency identification (RFID), and near field communication (NFC). Contactless payment takes almost one-tenth of the time taken by the traditional electronic transaction making it more hassle-free for the customers. The need to make payment more securely and the convenience to pay fast without having any cash or identity details is making contactless payment mode popular game changer. Initially, contactless cards were used in the form of travelling tickets only; it has evolved and is helping consumers to make payments for almost anything. Contactless payment has an upper limit to amount paid and number of transactions per day.
Contactless Payment Market: Drivers
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Contactless Payment Market: Restraints
The initial installation cost, government limitation to number of contactless payment transactions per day and the amount limitation that can be transacted per day are few shortfalls of contactless payment which are hindering the contactless payment market growth. Risk of spyware, malware and virus attacks due to usage of numerous systems is limiting the adoption of contactless payment globally. Low awareness of this mode of payment, especially across Asia Pacific and Latin America, is further restricting the contactless payment market growth.
Contactless Payment Market: Segmentation
Contactless payment market can be segmented on the basis of type, mode of payment, end user, technology and region. On the basis of type, contactless payment market can be segmented into hardware and software. Hardware can be sub-segmented into smart-cards, point of sale (POS) terminals and smart-card readers. The software segment can be sub-segmented into smartcard reader drivers, POS software, application programing interface (API), software development kit (SDK) and mobile applications. On the basis of mode of payment, contactless payment market can be segmented into smart card, smart wearable, smartphone and others. On the basis of end user, contactless payment market can be segmented into Banking, Financial services and Insurance (BFSI), retail, public sector, transportation and logistics, hospitality, and others. On the basis of technology, contactless payment market can be segmented into infrared based, Bluetooth based, NFC based and RFID based. On the basis of region, contactless payment can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, and Middle East and Africa.
Contactless Payment Market: Regional Outlook
As of 2016, contactless payment system has high penetration in North America. The market in Europe is expected to grow considerably in the near future. Asia Pacific is contributing to the contactless payment market with growing purchasing power of people in the region, and also due to increasing acceptance of this mode of payment.
Contactless Payment Market: Competition Landscape
The key players in the contactless payment market include ACS (Advanced Card Systems) Ltd., Chip & Pin Solutions Ltd., Mifare Pty Limited, Ingenico Inc., Gemalto N.V., Verifone Systems Inc., Heartland Payment Systems Inc., On Track Innovations Ltd., Castles Technology Co. Ltd., and Bindo Labs Inc. These companies are investing in updated technologies to improve the existing system and a few of them are following the strategy of mergers and acquisition to upgrade their payment system. Increasing innovation in the contactless payment mode and initiatives to enhance awareness of contactless payment technology is anticipated to drive the contactless payment market.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Contactless Payment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Contactless Payment Market Segments
- Contactless Payment Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Contactless Payment Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Contactless Payment Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Contactless Payment Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Contactless Payment Market includes development of these systems in the following regions:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan
- Australia and New Zealand (A&NZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific Excluding Japan
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Contactless Payment Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Contactless Payment Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Contactless Payment Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Contactless Payment Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.