This Culinary Traveller Sector Overview market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Culinary Traveller Sector Overview market.
Culinary traveller is a newly developed concept that gives an opportunity to food and wine enthusiasts to visit various new destinations and test a local or regional cuisine. Culinary tourism became prominent when Erik Wolf, president of the International Culinary Tourism Association, presented a white paper about culinary tourism to his organisation in 2001. Since then there was no looking back for culinary travellers who are involved in learning new cooking techniques and attend wine and food testing and culinary adventures. Culinary travellers are basically those who keep less interest in travelling for shopping, meeting friends or relatives and playing games. Their sole intention is to visit different countries across the globe and relish various types of food and drinks.
Benefits for the culinary traveller
The first and foremost benefit for culinary travellers is that they get a chance to explore the local area of any region across the world and can study and understand local food trends, food history and cooking techniques. Culinary travellers can also participate in cultural activities at select destinations across the world. In places such as Spain, Paris or Italy they can participate in various events. For instance, culinary travellers can join cooking classes or can attend French cooking classes as a guest in Paris. In Spain and Italy or in any Mediterranean countries culinary travellers can enjoy farmhouse vacations, where they usually get an opportunity to stay in a villa or a farmhouse and can learn and relish the local or regional cuisine. Not only this, some culinary tours offer food and wine tasting at bistros and cafes and culinary travellers are allowed to meet the chef from whom they can learn cooking techniques and take part in different food related events and seminars.
Factors leading to a growth of culinary tourism
Social platforms are playing a major role in the growth of culinary tourism. Culinary tourists share their photographs on social networking sites. These photos are reaching up to millions of travel buffs and thus an increasing awareness about this newly developed concept is creating robust development in this sector. Many festivals or events across the globe need active participation from culinary travellers. The rising number of such food driven festivals that offer an opportunity to test local food are boosting the culinary tourism sector. Due to a rising interest in food channels and travel shows that feature food documentaries, more travel buffs are now coming forward to relish food and wine experiences, which are ultimately increasing the growth of the culinary tourism sector. However, one of the major restraint which is hampering the growth of the culinary tourism sector is that it is expensive than any other type of travelling. It attracts only a certain category of culinary travellers whose sole passion is a rich and vast culinary experience.
Culinary Traveller: General Outlook
According to the International Culinary Tourism Association, the number of culinary travellers are increasing exponentially every year. With rising online culinary travel shows more consumers will travel to various destinations to relish food and wine. This is likely to give a good fillip to culinary tourism – a good news for the food craving and experience seeking culinary traveller.
Culinary Traveller: Tour Operators
International Kitchen, Cellar Tours, Mexican Mushroom Tours, Gourmet Getaways, Wok Wiz, Saranjan Tours, and La Villa Bonita are some of the tour operators globally that arrange culinary tours mainly in Italy, Spain, Mexico and France. Some of these tour operators offer culinary tours in Mexico just for mushroom hunting, while some offer packaged tours with visits in Manhattan restaurants. Offer of a one week package of cultural gourmet delights in the south of France is also available with some of these tour operators. Apart from this some of these tour operators even arrange tours and cooking classes together in Southern Tuscany and in Italy.
This comprehensive report equips readers with lucid information and analysis on the sector. Future Market Insights’ experienced travel and tourism analysts bring to you accurate and unbiased information to help you make crucial decisions with confidence.
The report offers a 360° view – bringing to the fore key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges prevailing in the sector. To offer readers actionable insights, detailed information on historical trends, current scenario, and future projections is provided in the report.
The report specifically focusses on the leading companies operating in this sector, highlighting their key developmental strategies. A holistic analysis of the leading players is highlighted to help decision makers understand the overall competitive landscape.
What Can Readers Expect from this Report?
- An overview of the sector, including the key factors that have shaped patterns and demand
- Not just data, but insights that you can incorporate in your strategic decision making
- Nuanced underlying factors that influence consumer behaviour
- Data points to understand the past, analyse the present, and project the future
- Trends that will impact the sector in the short- and long-term
- Deeper understanding of the target audience, their motivations, aspirations, and expectations from service providers
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Culinary Traveller Sector Overview Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Culinary Traveller Sector Overview
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Culinary Traveller Sector Overview report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Culinary Traveller Sector Overview. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Culinary Traveller Sector Overview report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Culinary Traveller Sector Overview, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.