Global Dairy Blends Market to Rise at Impressive 7.6% CAGR
The global dairy blends market was valued at US$ 1.8 Bn in 2019. Between 2019 and 2029 the market is expected to record an impressive expansion, at a CAGR of 7.6%. Regionally, North America is expected dominate the market. However during the forecast period, the markets in Europe and Asia Pacific excluding Japan are likely to offer more lucrative growth opportunities. In terms of flavour, the market can be bifurcated between regular and flavoured. Of these, the regular segment is expected to lead the global market.
Rising Application in Diverse Sectors Boosts Growth
Dairy blends are in high demand across diverse sectors, among which bakery segment has emerged as a key end user. Dairy blends, in form of both spreadable blends and powder, are often used in making cakes and breads. These blends are often used to make cake toppings of different flavours.
Dairy blends have emerged as an excellent substitutes to milk and butter, traditionally used as a key ingredient across bakeries. In the coming years, the demand for dairy blends is expected to surge as leading players focus on innovation. In addition to this, the need of catering to health conscious consumers will impel companies in bakery sector opt for dairy blends.
North America Will Offer Robust Growth Opportunities
Regionally, the global dairy blends market covers North America, Latin America, Europe, APEJ, Japan, Oceania, and the Middle East and Africa. Among these regions North America currently leads the market. Increasing consumption of dairy products will support the growth of the dairy blends market in North America. In addition to this, the demand for dairy blends is expected to remain high in Asia Pacific. Rising demand for dairy blends in China will boost market in Asia Pacific.
Rising Urbanization will Stoke Growth Opportunities
Rising urbanization and hectic lifestyle as its most significant by-product have had considerable impact on the dairy blends market. Busier lifestyle has made it more difficult for both men and women to cook food at home. This is truer in case of working moms, some of whom are pressed for time managing both work and baby.
Dairy blends have emerged as a preferred alternative to traditional baby foods such as porridge or rice. They reduce the overall time taken to cook and contain essential nutrient required to promote healthy growth in baby. These are crucial factors encouraging growth in the dairy blends market.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Key Research Findings
- The global dairy blends market was valued at US$1.8 Bn in 2019. The market is poised to grow at an impressive 7.6% through the forecast period (2019-2029)
- Dairy blends are finding high uptake in the bakery segment which has emerged as a key end user. Products such as spreadable blends and powder are being increasingly used to make cake toppings with myriad flavours.
- Demand for dairy blends is anticipated to surge in the foreseeable future as leading stakeholders focus on innovation to attain hegemony in the market.
- Regionally, North America is slated for extremely high growth owing to the high consumption of dairy products in the region. High demand for dairy blends in China will stoke growth in the Asia Pacific region.
- Regular dairy blends are forecast to maintain their lead during the forecast period on back of their soaring popularity and high demand
- While consumer patterns for dairy blends are normalizing in countries such as China, US is foreseen to suffer with a slump in demand as infections soar and large scale quarantines
Key Factors Shaping the Dairy Blends Market
High Consumption of Spreadable Dairy Blends to Stoke Growth
The dairy blends market will receive upswing with the high consumption of spreadable dairy blends that are becoming increasingly popular with consumers. Key contributing factors are its ability to be used as a low fat alternative to butter and margarine. Their popularity also hinges on their exquisite and intrinsic flavour attributes. Popular variants are vanilla and cocoa which are relished as ice-creams, toppings and custards. Demand is also being upheld with high consumption among the heart patients and the geriatric pool of the population.
Innovation and Unique Packaging to Steer Market on an Upward Trajectory
The market for dairy blends is receiving tailwinds with leading market players innovating with different flavours. Attractive packaging and aggressive marketing strategies will continue to be key consumer touch points for dairy blends manufacturers. With the landscape rife for opportunities, the dairy blends market is rapidly moving towards fragmentation. Another trend proliferating in the dairy blends market is that of enhancement of food products with fortification. This trend is enabling manufacturers to garner a larger market share.
COVID-19 Impact on Dairy Blends Market
The dairy industry which was already at risk for a downturn in 2020 will see a worsening situation with the COVID-19 pandemic. Countries like US will see ramped up production of dairy blend products amid a gloomy outlook for demand owing to extensive quarantines. With China barely recovering from the pandemic, its dairy blends imports are anticipated to see a drop. Demand for dairy blends is witnessing a drop owing to high demand for milk powder stocks which have a longer shelf-life to sustain through the quarantine.
Dairy Blends Market Structure Analysis
- Dairy blends are gaining rapid traction through 2029 on back of their high utilization in yogurts, animal feeds, salad dressings and coffee creamers.
- The market for dairy blends will witness a slump in the near term owing to a drop in demand as milk powder and packaged dairy products garner higher consumer demand.
- Base year considered - 2019
- Actual estimates/Historical data - 2014 - 2018
- Forecast period - 2019-2029
- Segments covered - Application, Flavour, Form, Distribution Channel, Region
- Regions covered - North America, Europe, APEJ, Middle East and Africa and Latin America, Japan, Oceania
- Key Players - Abbott Nutrition, Cape Food Ingredients, Hormel Specialty Products, All American Foods, Cargill
- Growth Drivers -
- High product visibility of powdered blends in homemade ice creams
- High demand foreseen in countries such as China with high uptake in baby food
- Underdeveloped regions to witness spurring sales with high demand
- Healthier alternatives with low fat component to drive market growth
The global dairy blends market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present complete market intelligence to readers.
- Infant Formula
- Ice Cream
- Butter & Cheese Blends
- Modern Trade
- Convenience Store
- Forecourt Retail
- Online Retail
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa