This Dammar Gum market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Dammar Gum market.
Market Outlook for Dammar Gum Market:
Dammar gum is a resin mostly found in India and East Asian countries. Dammar gum is also known as Dammar or Damar gum. Dammar gum is a dried exudate derived from Dipterocarpaceae family trees, by tapping the trees or collected in the form of fossil from the ground. The content of the dammar gum is triterpenoid resins and its oxidation products such as dammarane, oleaonic acid, oleanane, and dammarenolic acid. Due to its clouding, glazing, stabilizing, and other properties it finds uses in industries such as food, paint, ink, varnish, and lacquer. Dammar gum resin is used in incense industry because it emits light lemony scent.
Dammar Gum market dynamics:
Dammar gum finds application in the wide array of industries due to its various characteristics. These applications in different industries are the main driver for the dammar gum market growth. Dammar gum is used in the food and beverage industry as a clouding agent and glazing agent. Dammar gum is used in varnish industry due to its glazing property. Besides glazing property dammar gum provides adhesion, color retention, flexibility, and resistance to fumes. Dammar gum is used in white enamel paint as it provides good adhesion and fume resistance. Due to the emission of aromatic scent, dammar gum is used in many Asian and Southeast Asia countries in an indigenous system of medicine mainly in India, Malaysia, and Indonesia etc. Dammar gum possesses good water-resistance property and is used in the pharmaceutical industry as a coating material of tablets.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The major driving factor for the growth of the dammar gum market is the growth of the food industry. Also increasing population is leading to growth in the construction and paint industry where the demand for dammar gum as a varnish in increasing. Also, urbanization leading to increased production of the vehicle is fueling dammar gum market growth.
However, due to increased demand for dammar gum, cutting of the Dipterocarpaceae family trees has increased by a tremendous amount. This is leading to deforestation on a huge scale and affecting the forest flora and fauna in the regions of Southeast and East Asia countries. Stringent rules and regulation are being implied by the governments of these countries which is affecting the market growth.
Global Dammar Gum market: Key players
Dammar gum market is operated by small and regional manufacturers. Sennelier, Bandish Enterprises, Nexira Inc., Starlight, William Bernstein Company, and P.T. Samiraschem Indonesia are among the key players in the global dammar gum market.
Global Dammar Gum market: Key developments
Nexira Inc. launched two new food ingredients in 2017; Damar-EZ organic and Instantgum organic which are used for flavor stabilizer and flavor emulsifier, respectively. Damar-EZ organic is derived from shorea javanica tree and Instantgum is derived from Acacia tree. Both the products are plant-based and easy to use in flavor formulation, meeting the market requirements for natural solutions as well as clean labeling. Also as a natural origin, the non-GMO product makes these dammar gum products more attractive fitting the current consumer needs.
Global Dammar Gum market: Opportunity
The global dammar gum market is likely to show growth in the Asian region by increasing population due to increased demand in food and beverage industry. Also, rapid growth in high-tech technologies and R&D facilities might lead to increased application in pharmaceutical and dentistry industries. There are various factors that are likely to attribute to the growth of the application of dammar gum such as increased awareness in overseas countries. Also, approval of dammar gum in food ingredients as a flavor emulsifier and stabilizer in the US is likely to affect the demand for dammar gum and fuels dammar gum market growth. As the demand for the dammar gum is increasing, the opportunity for Acacia and Shorea tree cultivator might escalate.
Brief Approach to Research:
A modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered was used in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the product types and end uses of the target product are covered in the study. Key data points collected for modeling approach are the production of milk and milk products, average yield, amount of milk consumed directly v/s amount that is further processed into whey, casein, and other ingredients. Also, other key data points were included in the report, such as demand v/s supply, consumption v/s production, exporting and importing geographies, key trends, opportunity, drivers, and restraints and to analyze key players and their market shares. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key data points covered in the report:
Some of the key data points explained in the report are:
- An overview of the Dammar Gum market, including background, and evolution
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, restraints, challenges and trends
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, the major producer and consumer by geographies, imports/exports
- Competitive landscape of the Dammar Gum market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Dammar Gum Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Dammar Gum market segmentation:
Dammar Gum market segmentation on the basis of the source:
Dammar Gum market segmentation on the basis of color:
- Pale yellow
Dammar Gum market segmentation on the basis of end use:
- Other (paint, ink etc.)
Dammar Gum market segmentation on the basis of application:
- Glazing agent
- Clouding agent
- Other (water-repellant, fume resistance etc.)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Dammar Gum Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Dammar Gum Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Dammar Gum Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Dammar Gum Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)