Ester Gums Market
Ester Gums Market by Type, Application & Region | Forecast 2023 to 2033
Market Insights on Ester Gums covering sales outlook, demand forecast and up-to-date key trends
A Summary of the Ester Gums Market Development (2023 to 2033)
As per Future Market Insights, the Ester Gums market is anticipated to attain a value pool of US$ 700 Million by 2023-end. Global demand for Ester Gums is expected to rise at a CAGR of 7.9% to US$ 1500 Million in 2033.
Growing demand from the Pharmaceutical Industry to drive the Ester Gums Market
- Increased demand for natural and clean label ingredients: Consumers are increasingly looking for natural and clean label ingredients in their food and personal care products. Ester gums are gaining popularity in the market, as they are perceived to be safer and healthier alternatives to synthetic ingredients.
- Growing demand from the pharmaceutical industry: Ester gums are used as stabilizers and emulsifiers in various pharmaceutical products such as creams, ointments, and tablets. The increasing demand for pharmaceutical products in emerging economies is expected to drive the growth of the ester gums market.
- Increasing demand from the personal care industry: Ester gums are used in personal care products such as shampoos, lotions, and creams as emulsifiers and stabilizers. The growing demand for personal care products in developing economies is expected to drive the growth of the ester gums market.
- Technological advancements: The development of new technologies for the production of ester gums is expected to drive the growth of the market. For example, the use of microencapsulation technology for the production of ester gums has led to the development of products with improved functionality and stability.
Growing demand for functional foods and nutraceuticals Presenting
a Dollar Opportunity for the Ester Gums Market
- Growing demand for functional foods and nutraceuticals: The market for functional foods and nutraceuticals is growing rapidly, as consumers seek out products that offer health benefits beyond basic nutrition. Ester gums can be used as functional ingredients in these products to provide texture, stability, and other functional properties.
- Increased focus on food safety and quality: The food industry is facing increasing pressure to ensure the safety and quality of its products. Ester gums derived from natural sources such as gum arabic and carrageenan are perceived as safer and healthier alternatives to synthetic ingredients and can help food manufacturers meet consumer demand for safer and higher quality products.
- Development of new applications: Ester gums are versatile ingredients that can be used in a wide range of applications. There is an opportunity for manufacturers to develop new applications for ester gums in industries such as cosmetics, textiles, and coatings.
Increasing demand for Plant-Based and Vegan Products is the latest trend driving the Ester Gums Market
- Increasing demand for natural and clean label ingredients: Consumers are increasingly demanding natural and clean label ingredients in their food and personal care products. This trend is driving the development and use of natural ester gums, such as gum arabic and carrageenan, which are perceived to be safer and healthier alternatives to synthetic ingredients.
- The growing interest in plant-based and vegan products: There is a growing interest in plant-based and vegan products, which is driving demand for ester gums derived from plant sources. This includes ingredients such as gum arabic, which is obtained from the sap of the acacia tree, and carrageenan, which is derived from seaweed.
- Focus on sustainable sourcing: There is a growing focus on sustainable sourcing of ester gums, particularly those derived from natural sources. This includes efforts to ensure responsible sourcing practices, such as protecting the environment and supporting local communities.
- Advances in processing technology: Advances in processing technology are making it easier and more efficient to produce ester gums. This includes the use of microencapsulation technology, which can help to improve the functionality and stability of ester gums.
Expected Market Value in 2023
US$ 700 Million
Projected Market Value in 2033
US$ 1500 Million
Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Don't pay for what you don't need
Customize your report by selecting specific countries or regions and save 30%!
Ester Gums Market Overview
According to the latest research, the demand for Ester Gums is anticipated to grow with a compelling growth rate of about 6.0% to 8.0% in between the coming assessment period of 2021-2031. Ester gums used in many applications like food, beverages, cosmetics, paints, inks and many others.
Ester Gums, also known as Glycerol Esters of Wood Rosin, is used in chewing gum and ice cream as a thickening agent and emulsification stabiliser. Fruit and citrus flavoured sodas, lemonades, chewing gum, fruit coatings, and confectionery inks all contain the glycerol ester of wood rosin.
What is Driving Demand for Ester Gums?
Ester gum is an important additive in the food and beverage industry, and there is a growing need for it all over the world. The need for ester is ultimately driven by demand from fruit and energy drinks.
Another factor to drive the market growth is rising demand for ester gums from the food and beverage industries around the world. Furthermore, the increasing use of different types of ester gums as an emulsifier and stabilisers in different beverages such as energy drinks and also in end –use industries like paints and coatings, inks is a factor that is expected to fuel market growth in the near future.
Citrus fruit flavouring oils, such as those produced from lemons and oranges, do not mix well with carbonated water or natural fruit juices. Even after mixing, these extracted flavouring oils would just float on top of the beverage if put directly into carbonated water.
The ester gum is essential for perfectly blending the flavouring oils with carbonated water. The non-alcoholic beverage sector is being driven by a growing focus on health and wellness, which is projected to enhance the ester gum market in the coming years.
Growth of Paints & Inks industry and Food & Beverage Industry Boost the Market and Increasing demand of Ester Gums
One of the important segments for using the ester gums is in the field of paints & inks. Ester gums are a resin modification that can be utilised in adhesives, modifiers, and protective coatings where little odour is required.
Glycerol Esters of Wood Ester Gum Rosin is an emulsifier that thickens foods like chewing gum and ice cream. Ester gum is an odourless, yellow resin with homogeneous flakes that is utilised as a clouding agent in the beverage industry for aromatized, non-alcoholic beverages, as well as a raw material for chewing gum production.
Especially in citrus-flavoured soft drinks, ester gum is utilised as a natural alternative to brominated vegetable oil. Hence, food & beverage industry also plays a vital role to drive the market of ester gums.
APAC Market Outlook Demand
One of the largest markets for ester gum is Asia-Pacific, with China accounting for the majority of regional sales. During the projected period, the region is also expected to have a strong growth rate.
The demand is being boosted by an increase in demand from several end-user industries, particularly the Paints, Inks, and Coatings and Cosmetics Markets. Chewing gum, beverages, as well as cosmetics and personal care goods, are in high demand in China. With expansion into second and third-tier markets, China's domestic cosmetics and personal care business has also showed an upward trend.
India is also a major market for ester gum demand in paints and adhesives manufacturing sector. The construction industry's strong growth in the country has been a primary driver of this expansion. Another driving factor for the ester gum market is the growing demand for environmentally friendly goods for cosmetic applications.
Get the data you need at a Fraction of the cost
Personalize your report by choosing insights you need
and save 40%!
Europe Market Outlook
Europe is one of the major market for the cosmetic industry. Europe is a potential market for new innovations and launches in the beauty and personal care market due to consumer behaviour toward maintaining a high quality of life.
Furthermore, the rising demand for natural ingredients and a growing consumer base concerned with raw-material composition, particularly in European regions, are viewed as opportunities for higher brand penetration by key players in the beauty and personal care products market. All these factors help to driven the market of ester gums in the forecast period.
The European functional beverage market is being fueled by the growing number of health-conscious consumers and their need for products containing health-based ingredients.
Who are the Key Manufacturers and Suppliers?
Some of the leading manufacturers and suppliers include
- Arakawa Chemical Industries ltd
- Foreverest Resources
- Mangalam Organics Limited
- Eastman Chemical Company
- PT. INDOPICRI
- Foshan Baolin Chemical Industry Co. Ltd
- Shree Resins
Significant growth of cosmetics industry and food & beverages industry in countries such as China and India drive the industrial sector market in the Asian-pacific region.
The Ester Gums report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Glycerol Esters of Wood Rosin (GEWR)
- Glycerol Esters of Gum Rosin (GEGR)
- Polymerized Rosins of Glycerol Esters(PRGE)
- Penta Ester Gum
- Paints & Coatings
- Food & Beverage
- Chewing Gum
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- East Asia
- South Korea
- South Asia Pacific
- ASEAN Countries
- Rest of South Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Northern Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA