This Distributed Temperature Sensing Systems market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Distributed Temperature Sensing Systems market.
Distributed Temperature Sensing Systems (DTS) are optoelectronic devices which measure temperatures by means of optical fibers functioning as linear sensors. Temperatures are recorded along the optical sensor cable, thus mapping it as a continuous profile and not at points. The temperature profiles can be monitored at surface in real time, minimizing the need for production logs, preventing deferred production losses, decreasing well interventions, and reducing operating costs.
Distributed temperature sensing (DTS) monitoring provides continuous temperature status of high-voltage power cables, detecting hot spots along their entire length. An alarm is triggered when critical temperature limits are exceeded and cables are at risk. It leads to achieve high accuracy of temperature determination over great distances. DTS systems can detect temperature changes less than 0.01°C and pinpoint the exact location of a thermal event within the range of one meter.
Its quite ideal for use in hazardous zones and environments, where safety is of critical importance. Since optical fibers are not susceptible to electromagnetic interference they are ideal for use in power stations and for monitoring of distribution lines. Furthermore, it helps operators in optimizing transmission and distribution networks by reducing operational costs and capital. Over the last decade, the distributed temperature sensing systems market has reported a steady growth.
Distributed Temperature Sensing Systems Market: Drivers & Restraints
Deployment of power-efficient and miniaturized sensors in various industrial applications, low system design costs owning to low material cost per sensor, increasing demand for sophisticated functionalities in industrial applications and increasing R&D expenditures by companies are some of the factors expected to contribute significantly to the growth of the distributed temperature sensing systems market.
Technical awareness about sensor cables and high implementation costs of the distributed temperature sensing systems are probable factors restraining the growth of the distributed temperature sensing systems market.
Distributed Temperature Sensing Systems Market: Overview
Due to technological advancements and budding investments happening in fiber-optics industry, the acceptance of distributed temperature sensing systems is gaining popularity. North America due to the earliest start leads the world in technology and scale. The global distributed temperature sensing systems market is expected to expand at a promising CAGR during the forecast period (2015–2025).
Distributed Temperature Sensing Systems Market: Region-wise Outlook
The global distributed temperature sensing systems market is expected to register a double-digit CAGR for the forecast period. Depending on geographic regions, global distributed temperature sensing systems market is segmented into seven key regions: North America, South America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific, Japan, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR and will contribute significantly to the global distributed temperature sensing systems market value exhibiting a robust CAGR during the forecast period, 2015-2025.
Distributed Temperature Sensing Systems Market: Key Players
Some of the key market participants in global distributed temperature sensing systems market are Halliburton, LIOS Technology GmbH, Banner Engineering Corp, AP Sensing GmbH, Sensornet, OMICRON Electronics GmbH, Schlumberger Limited.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, fiber type and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Distributed Temperature Sensing Systems Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Distributed Temperature Sensing Systems Market: Segmentation
The global distributed temperature sensing systems market is broadly classified on the basis of fiber- type, operating principle, applications and geographies.
Based on fiber-type, the global distributed temperature sensing systems market is segmented into:
- Single-mode fiber based DTS systems
- Multi-mode fiber based DTS systems
Based on operating principle, the global distributed temperature sensing systems market is segmented into:
- Optical Time Domain Reflectometry (OTDR) based DTS systems
- Optical Frequency Domain Reflectometry (OFDR) based DTS systems
Based on applications, the global distributed temperature sensing systems market is segmented into:
- Oil & Gas
- Smart Grid
- Process & Plant
- Life Sciences
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Distributed Temperature Sensing Systems Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Distributed Temperature Sensing Systems Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Distributed Temperature Sensing Systems Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Distributed Temperature Sensing Systems Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.