This Fiber Optic Connector market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Fiber Optic Connector market.
With the growth of online and offline connectivity, the technologies that make up the supporting infrastructure are also growing at a rapid pace. Data transfer rates have been growing at remarkable rates. Data transfer rates reaching 400 GB/s and beyond have rendered traditional high-speed copper cables and connectors useless. The outdating of traditional physical connectivity methods has thus paved the way for Optical Fibers and fiber optic connectors which can enable efficient data transfer rates at higher bandwidths.
Fiber optic connections inherently depend upon fiber optic connectors which act as an end point for devices connected to a network. As signals in a fiber optic based connections transmit data through a beam of light, Fiber optic connectors play a major role in preventing data loss by eliminating air gaps between connecting ends. This prevention of data loss is particularly important for industries like Aerospace, defense and medical where low latency and minimal data loss is of utmost importance. For the same reason, a sizable portion of the growth in the fiber optic connector market is expected to be generated from these industries.
Fiber Optic Connector Market: Drivers & Challenges
Increasing density of end devices connected to a single network is proving to be a primary challenge for telecom providers. Telecom providers have made significant investments in harnessing the maximum capacity of their existing networks which has been driving the need for fiber optics and thus fiber optic connectors. The growth is further going to be augmented further as 5G moves towards commercialization augmenting the need for fiber optic connectors further. While device density does drive the Fiber optic connector market, it is also the primary restraint for the fiber optic connector market as consumers and enterprises are adopting wirelessly connected IoT devices at a staggering pace restraining the growth of fiber optic connector market.
Fiber Optic Connector Market: Regional Overview
North America is expected to lead the fiber optic connector market in terms of market share followed by Asia Pacific and Europe. The growth of fiber optic connector market in North America will be fuelled by the demand for fiber optic cables in Data centers for applications such as cloud computing, video, virtualization, etc. Whereas the demand of fiber optic connectors in Asia Pacific will be primarily driven by the growth in Telecommunications and IT.
Fiber Optic Connector Market: Competitive Landscape
- Key Contracts/Agreement/Acquisitions
- In April 2017 Verizon, a telecom operator signed a deal with Corning Cable Systems LLC, a Fiber optic connector provider to purchase Fiber optic cable & Fiber optic connectors worth US$ 1.05 Bn
- Key Players
- The major players in Fiber Optic Connector market include Alcatel-Lucent SA, 3M, ZTE Corporation, Broadcom Limited, Corning Cable Systems LLC, Hitachi Ltd., Amphenol Corporation, Molex Incorporated and Extron Electronics
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
Fiber Optic Connector Market Segments
- Fiber Optic Connector Market Segments
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Fiber Optic Connector Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Fiber Optic Connector Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Fiber Optic Connector Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Fiber Optic Connector Market includes development of these systems in the following regions:
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific (excluding Japan)
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Fiber Optic Connector Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Fiber Optic Connector Market: Segmentation
Segmentation of Fiber Optic Connector Market, By Type
Segmentation of Fiber Optic Connector Market, By Type : -
- Standard Fiber Optic Connectors:
- SC connectors are the most basic type of fiber optic connectors and are known for easy operation, high accuracy, and low cost. These connectors, however, are susceptible to accidental disconnection.
- Lucent Fiber Optic Connectors:
- Lucent connectors are a miniaturized version of Standard fiber optic connectors. They also feature a locking mechanism to avoid accidental disconnection.
- Straight Tip Fiber Optic Connectors:
- ST fiber optic connectors are most popular for multimode networks and are spring loaded to ensure connection without data loss.
- MPO/MPT Fiber Optic Connectors:
- Multi Fiber Push on fiber optic connectors connect four to twenty-four fiber connections in a ribbon cable. MPT cables are a registered trademark of US Conec and are the most widely used type of MPO connectors.
- MXC Fiber Optic Connectors:
- MXC connectors are the most advanced form of Fiber Optic Connectors and are usually deployed data centers and HPC environments.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Fiber Optic Connector Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Fiber Optic Connector Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Fiber Optic Connector Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Fiber Optic Connector Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.