The eye is considered as a vital organ in the human body. External factors such as pollution and stress affect the health of the eyes. Fungal keratitis also called as keratomycosis is a coronial fungal infection which affects the eye of the person. It is an ocular infection which results in catastrophic vision.
The eye is considered as a vital organ in the human body. External factors such as pollution and stress affect the health of the eyes. Fungal keratitis also called as keratomycosis is a coronial fungal infection which affects the eye of the person. It is an ocular infection which results in catastrophic vision. The fungal keratitis occurs in the population working near soil and contact-lens wearing population as they allow fungi to be trapped and provide an ideal environment for their expansion. These fungal spores attract the cornea due to epithelial defects in the eyes. Fungal keratitis is one of the major cause of vision loss and blindness. The fungal keratitis is difficult to treat and remains a major cause for blindness in tropical countries. The fungi penetrates into the layers of cornea and damages the tissues. Fungal keratitis is linked with damage of vegetative matter or objects contaminated with soil in both developed and developing countries. The fungal keratitis diagnoses is often delayed and the treatment is very limited as the medicines lack the ability to pass through the cornea. Also, the medicines are diluted in such a concentration that they do not affect the eyes and eradicate the organism at the same time. The success rate and failure are diagnosed with the use of confocal microscope, which directly examines the inflammation and corneal cells of the organisms.
Factors Driving the Fungal Keratitis Market
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.Looking for the growth trajectory of this market? Give us an opportunity to help
Global Industry Analysis 2013 - 2017 and Opportunity Assessment; 2018 - 2028
The overall market of fungal keratitis treatment is pushed by the increasing demand for growing expenditure on healthcare. However, there are very few developments for the fungal keratitis treatment which limit the market growth. The fungal keratitis treatment market offers the potential to identify the coronary eye disease holds a strong perception in future with its continued investment.
Regional Market Outlook
North America is expected to be the dominant region in the global fungal keratitis treatment market followed by Europe, due to high prevalence of fungal keratitis in the region and strict regulations for patient care and safety. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a significant rate due to increasing number of awareness programs and fungal keratitis disease population. In addition, initiatives by the governments in the region on providing better healthcare facilities to the population contribute to the growth of the fungal keratitis treatment. The availability of new drugs and R&D in regions such as Asia Pacific and Latin America further are expected to spur the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Examples of some of the key players identified in the global fungal keratitis treatment market are Auro lab, Pfizer, Alcon Inc., and Roche Pharma, among others. The companies are involved in collaboration agreements for R&D in order to exploit maximum potential. Also, they are mainly focused on to strengthen the core competencies of their product portfolio.
Key data points covered in report
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Competitive Positioning Matrix
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.Looking for market shares of key players? Get in touch with the author(s)
Region-wise Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.Send me the region-wise analysis for this report
By Route of Administration
By Distribution Channel
- Hospitals pharmacies
- Retail stores
- Drug stores
- Online stores
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Fungal Keratitis treatment market by target areas, modality, end user and region
- Regional level market analysis of North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa by method type, end user and country segments
- Fungal Keratitis treatment market Dynamics & Opportunity Assessment
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Fungal Keratitis treatment market system market Size & Forecast 2018-2028
- Fungal Keratitis treatment market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape, market structure, regulatory scenario
- Epidemiology outlook for diseases
- Economical spending, regional healthcare outlook, consumer healthcare expenditure
- Availability of device, cost of the test, specificity and sensitivity
- Strategies for key players and product offerings, Channel strategies, regional foot print, channel footprint
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance in terms of value and volume