This Geographic Information System (GIS) market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Geographic Information System (GIS) market.
Geographic Information System Market: - An Overview
Geographical Information Systems (GIS) are computer-based systems that enable users to collect, store, process, analyze and present spatial data. It provides an electronic representation of information, called spatial data, about the Earth's natural and man-made features. A GIS references these real-world spatial data elements to a coordinate system.
These features can be separated into different layers. GIS market has resulted in lower costs and continual improvements in the hardware and software components of GIS. These developments will, in turn, result in a much wider application of the technology throughout government, business, and industry. The advances in computer hardware, software and remote sensing technology will lead to more and more GIS adopting multimedia to represent data.
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic Outbreak
The outbreak of the 2020 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has impacted the geographic information systems market, as these system have played an important role in many aspects. This includes rapid aggregation of multi-source big data, rapid visualization of epidemic information, spatial tracking of confirmed cases, prediction of regional transmission, spatial segmentation of the epidemic risk, which provided solid spatial information support for COVID-19 prevention and control decision-making.
Historically, the market for geographic information systems has grown by almost 12% globally in the past 5 years. In 2019, the total value of geographic information system is estimated to be nearly US$ 6.0 Bn globally. The market for GIS is projected to grow, as it has a data-driven system for rapid knowledge acquisition, which signifies that GIS systems are used to reinforce the social operation parameterization of models and methods, especially when providing support for social management.
Increase in Demand for GIS Software in Smart Cities Development
Smart cities are data-driven and dependent on sharing real-time awareness. GIS creates visualization of the data collected from various IoT devices and sensors, on a map for immediate actionable insights. These insights can be used to track the delivery of city services and highlight areas where local council services need improvement. Location-based analysis of IoT data has also been used by local government to develop smarter parks, improve safety, and drive innovation.
While developing smart cities project, the GIS solutions are implemented to create generalized location enabled platform for use-cases analysis in smart cities environments. These benefits of GIS are driving the growth of the GIS software market.
Increase in Adoption of GIS for Facilities Management
GIS is a robust information system that supports a diverse set of analytic capabilities, workflows, and applications. GIS technologies gives companies to look at their facilities across all scales using the same data and software, allowing them to analyze dependencies, decrease costs, make better decisions, and improve performance management.
GIS supports from site selection to space planning & maintenance, lease property management & usage, safety issues, and continuity planning. In addition, integration of GIS in facilities management is useful for asset management and maintenance, space usage, 3D visualizations, disaster, and business continuity planning. GIS proves to be an effective tool to manage facilities, resulting into time saving and reducing significant cost.
Thus, there is an increase in the demand for GIS solutions for facilities management, which significantly drives the growth of the global geographic information system market.
Complex Data Structures Is Hampering the Growth of Geographic Information System Market
The data collected and stored in GIS system is usually complex with plenty of upgradation and restructuring required. This means that special skills are required to understand and interpret the data collected in a GIS system.
In addition, a GIS system has complex interconnection of the various components that make up a GIS system. Besides the hardware and the software, there is need to have a fully trained human personnel that is expensive to train and acquire. Hence, the data complexity and expensive geographic information system imposes a great challenge in the market growth.
Geographic Information System Market: - Key Players
Key players in the geographic information system market are focusing on product expansion and business collaboration with the technology vendors to collaborate for offering remote sensing software and robotic total stations for sustained business growth.
The major players offering geographic information systems include -
- Pitney Bowes
- Maxar Technologies
- Caliper Corporation
- Bentley Systems, among others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the global geographic information system market. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with geographic information system market attractiveness as per segments. The report on geographic information system market also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on geographic information system market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Geographic Information System (GIS) Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Geographic Information System Market: - Segmentation
By Offering, Geographic Information System Market is segmented into-
- Total Stations
- GIS Collectors
- GNSS/GPS Antennas
- Imaging Sensors
- Desktop GIS
- Mobile GIS
- Training & Maintenance
By Industry, Geographic Information System Market is segmented into-
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
- A detailed overview of parent market of geographic information system market
- Changing geographic information system market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth segmentation of the geographic information system market
- Historical, current, and projected geographic information system market size by value
- Recent industry trends and developments in geographic information system market
- Competitive landscape of the geographic information system market
- Strategies for key players in geographic information system and solutions and services offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on geographic information system market performance
- Must-have information for geographic information system market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Geographic Information System (GIS) Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Geographic Information System (GIS) Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Geographic Information System (GIS) Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Geographic Information System (GIS) Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.