This Hydrophilic Coating market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Hydrophilic Coating market.
Hydrophilic Coating Market: Overview
Hydrophilic coatings are wettable and low friction coating applied to the medical devices such as guide wires, catheters and cannulas. It reduces the occurrences of inflammation and damage caused by the medical devices, when they are used on a patient. These coatings exhibit water attracting characteristics. Hydrophilic coatings reacts on water and produces hydrogel material, which are lubricious and wettable and suitable for biological interactions. They are also used in optical devices such as camera windows, outdoor surveillance, outdoor displays etc. Hydrophilic coatings are used in automotive parts such as body for glazing and rear-view mirrors as an anti-fog agent. In October 2016, Surmodics, Inc. launched new series of hydrophilic coatings named Serene coatings. They can be used on different substrates of medical devices used in clinical areas such as peripheral, coronary, neurovascular etc.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The conventional lubricative coatings such as silicone oils and glycerine, which are used instead of hydrophilic coatings have many disadvantages, which is the major driver for the growth of global hydrophilic coating market. These coatings get separated from the medical equipment, when being used and reduces the lubrication causing discomfort and high injury risk. Hydrophilic coatings are used wide range of applications ranging from automotive, medical devices, optical devices etc., which is expected to drive the consumption of this type of coatings. Automotive manufacturers are continuously striving to enhance the safety and performance of the vehicle. Hydrophilic coating has significant role in improving the safety precautions and overall look of the vehicle, which is anticipated to boost the growth of global hydrophilic coating market.
Hydrophilic Coating Market: Segmentation
Hydrophilic Coating Market: Region Wise Outlook
The global hydrophilic coating market can be divided into seven regions, namely North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan and Middle East and Africa (MEA). North America and Western Europe account for significant share in global hydrophilic coatings market. This is attributed to the mature automotive and healthcare industry in these regions. Western Europe and North America account for more than half of the total share in global coatings market, which is anticipated to boost the growth of hydrophilic coatings market in these regions. APEJ is expected to register high CAGR over the forecast period. The rise in investments in healthcare industry is expected to propel the growth of hydrophilic coatings market in the region. Emerging clusters such as China and India exhibit rapid growth in automotive industry, which is anticipated to increase consumption of hydrophilic coatings. Japan accounted for major share in innovative medical devices industry and is considered as an electronics hub. The automotive sector is also growing at a fast pace and hence the hydrophilic coatings market is projected to register significant CAGR during the forecast period.
Hydrophilic Coating Market: Key Players
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, technology and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Hydrophilic Coating Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of application, the global hydrophilic coating market can be segmented as follows:-
- Medical Equipment
- Optical Devices
On the basis of substrate, the global hydrophilic coating market can be segmented as follows:-
- Stainless Steel
- Others (Titanium, Aluminium)
- Glass/ Ceramics
- Borosilicate Glass
- Others (Polycarbonate, Polysiloxanes)
Some of the key players in the global hydrophilic coating market are as follows:
- Aculon, Inc.
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Surface Solutions Group, LLC
- Surmodics, Inc.
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Harland Medical Systems
- BioInteractions Ltd
- Pangolin Medical
- Henniker Plasma
- DONTECH, INC.
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (EU5 countries, Nordic, BENELUX, Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- APEJ (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- MEA (GCC Countries, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Hydrophilic Coating Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Hydrophilic Coating Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Hydrophilic Coating Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Hydrophilic Coating Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.