This Knee Replacement market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Knee Replacement market.
Rapidly increasing geriatric population coupled with growing prevalence of the degenerative disease has been stimulating the growth of knee replacement market. Technologically advanced implant material coupled with development of the customized replacement implants has been forecasted to gain significant traction in knee replacement market. Growing awareness regarding the advantages of knee replacement has resulted in increased number of adult population undergoing early knee replacement surgeries. Rising demand for usage of 3D technology is anticipated to significantly drive the revenue growth of knee replacement market.
Steady development in the reimbursement scenario coupled with growing government initiatives has led to reduced cost of the knee replacement surgeries, thereby providing beneficial impacts on the growth of knee replacement market. Partial knee replacement procedure is expected to gain significant traction in the forthcoming years owing to growing surgical need for only damaged knee component together with least erosion of the healthy tissues.
Ambulatory surgical centers are anticipated to contribute significantly towards the growth of knee replacement market in the forthcoming years owing on account of low costs associated with the surgery as well as rapidly increasing immediate need in the facility for timely processes without long delays, thereby benefitting in expansion of customer-base. In addition, personalized care offerings by the ambulatory healthcare facilities further drives the demand for ambulatory surgical center
Knee Replacement is the common joint replacement surgery that are undertaken for patients with knee damaging diseases such as osteoarthritis, post-traumatic arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis. The rising number of elderly patients followed by the increasing number of surgeries undertaken is anticipated to grow the global knee replacement market. The surgical procedure of knee replacement is inclusive of various steps taken to implant the artificial device and replacement of the damaged knee. There are many different types of implants - which are made of metal alloys, ceramic material, or strong plastic parts.
Knee replacement is one of the most effective and widely used ways to relieve the knee arthritis pain. Technological advancements in the knee replacement market such as minimal invasive surgery, improved implant materials and their success rates are allowing even the younger population to undergo knee replacement surgery ultimately driving the global knee replacement market significantly. The global knee replacement market is also promoted by the technologies such as 3D printed knee implants which is being manufactured by the U.S. based medical company ConforMIS.
The emerging knee replacement market has been experiencing a phase of new product development and technological advancements due to greater demand. The manufacturing companies are raising their respective market share with aggressive marketing activities and growing awareness among people.
Knee Replacement Market: Drivers & Restraints
The knee implants market is expected to grow due to several factors such as increasing rate of old-age diseases like osteoporosis, diabetes, obesity, arthritis; ageing population and sports-related injuries. Conversely due to existing and upcoming advance technologies such as minimal invasive surgery and better implant materials are making it more widely accepted even by the younger populace.
Despite of being widely used procedure for curing extremely debilitating diseases, such as osteoarthritis, the global knee replacement market is facing some challenges such as economic slowdown that is preventing the market from growing. Some of the other growth restraining factors of the global knee replacement market can be high surgery cost, increasing competition, increasing number of OEM’s in the market and growing awareness for some non-surgical treatment methods such as exercises, weight loss, walking aids, shoe inserts and pain killer medicines.
Knee Replacement Market : Region-wise Outlook
The knee replacement market is expected to register a favourable growth for the forecast period, 2015?2025. The North America and Europe are projected to endure control on the global knee replacement market followed by Asia and Middle East. Europe and North America are expected to register a double digit growth in forecasted period. The demand for knee replacement surgery devices in surging across Asian regions. The factors contributing to the rising demand in APAC are growing awareness for the possible treatments, increasing number of elderly population and following patients with knee joint afflictions.
The developing regions such as India and China are projected to be potentially growing in global knee replacement market with reference to the increasing demand for knee implant products holding the fact that these procedures and devices, that were considered unaffordable about a decade ago, are within financial reach of India’s and China’s growing middle classes.
Knee Replacement Market : Key Players
The global knee replacement market is consolidated. Some of the key players in the market are Stryker Corporation, Zimmer Holdings, Smith & Nephew Plc, DePuy Companies, Inc, Wright Medical Group, Inc, Biomet, Inc., Exactech. and B. Braun Melsungen AG.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Knee Replacement Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Knee Replacement Market: Segmentation
By product type, the global knee replacement market is segmented as follows:
- Primary Knee Replacement (Further segmented as below)
- Primary Cemented Knee Replacement
- Primary Cementless Knee Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Revision Knee Replacement
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Knee Replacement Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Knee Replacement Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Knee Replacement Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Knee Replacement Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)