This Medical Grade Foil market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Medical Grade Foil market.
Global Medical-Grade Foil Market: Overview
Advanced manufacturing process, technology innovations and integration of companies have resulted in the rapid growth of the pharmaceutical industry. This in turn has fueled the demand for pharmaceutical packaging globally. Medical-grade foils are highly used for the packaging of medical and pharmaceutical products including tablets, medicines and devices such as catheters, syringes, tubes and others. Aluminum soft strip foils are basically used for the packaging of tablets and capsules in the form of blisters. Plain or printed aluminum foils for blister packs are used as they help in the protection of the tablets form ambient contamination. Medical-grade foils are one side coated with seal lacquer and the other side is printed or unprinted to facilitate the pharmaceutical packaging. The most common medical-grade foil thickness used in pharmaceutical blister packaging are those of 20µ, 25µ and 30µ. The seal lacquer is made of colorless vinyl resin. Medical-grade foils are suitable for high speed packaging applications and provide high barrier to UV rays, moisture and gases. Medical-grade foils are especially suitable for drugs that are easily affected by humidity. In a blister pack each medicine blister unit provides adequate protection and remains intact even when other units are opened and consumed. Medical-grade foils are also used as lids for medical trays packaging. Medical- grade foils are often combined with paper or plastic films to obtain desired packaging for specific products. Medical-grade foil used in the packaging of pharmaceutical products include features such as push through, peel able, peel-push, tear open and child resistant. Cold-form medical-grade foils are used in the packaging applications where protection from environmental contaminants is the need.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Medical-Grade Foil Market: Dynamics
Medical-grade foil is mostly used in blister packs as push-through closure which is also known as blister film or lid film. As a result tablets and capsules are hygienically clean and protected. Blister packs are easy to handle, compact and easy to carry. The market for blister pack is growing at a rapid pace fueling the demand of medical-grade foil. Medical-grade foil provides impermeable barrier to moisture, light, oxygen and other gases. Medical-grade foil has fracture free forming capabilities and long term delamination resistance. These factors are expected to drive the market for global medical-grade foil during the forecast period. Heat seal lacquer is applied to the aluminum foil which acts as a suitable sealing agent and ensures the effective protection of tablets. After the tablets are placed in the individual wells of the blister mold, the aluminum foil is applied. The heat seal lacquer combines with the plastic material of the blister perfectly to protect tablets from environmental influences. Both soft and hard aluminum medical-grade foil is used for the blister packaging. Traditionally the hard aluminum medical-grade foil is used which the patients can break relatively quickly and requires less force to release the drug. Whereas, the soft aluminum medical-grade foil requires higher force to reach the drug as the foil has higher stretching force. Coupled with flexibility and formability, the medical-grade foil can be easily printed, coated, laminated, slit, cold-formed and embossed. Medical-grade foil is also used as an insulation blanket.
Global Medical Grade Foil Market: Regional Outlook
North America leads the global pharmaceutical packaging market. Aluminum foils are highly used in the US for pharmaceutical and medical packaging, owing to its superior barriers. Japan accounts for a large share in the global medical-grade foil market after North America. The requirement for light weight packaging in Europe drives the market for medical-grade foils. Medical-grade foil market is expected to witness lucrative growth opportunities in the untapped regions such as Middle East and Africa.
Global Medical Grade Foil Market: Key Manufacturers
- Flexifoil Packaging Pvt Ltd
- Norsk Hydro
- Gujrat Foils Ltd
- All-Foils Inc.
- NGPL Paper Pack
- Svam Packaging Industries
- JP Print ‘N’ Pack
The Medical-Grade foil market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of Medical-Grade foil market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with Medical-Grade foil market attractiveness as per segments. The Medical-Grade foil report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on Medical-Grade foil market segments and geographies.
Regional analysis includes –
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Medical Grade Foil Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Medical Grade Foil Market: Segmentation
Global Medical-grade foil market is segmented on the basis of product type into:
- Strip pack foil
- Blister Foils
- Child resistant foils
- Cold-form foils
Global Medical-grade foil market is segmented on the basis of structure type into:
- Aluminum foil-heat seal lacquer
- Aluminum foil- Polyester Film- heat seal lacquer
- Aluminum Foil – Polyester Film – Aluminum Foil – Heat Seal Lacquer
- Paper-Polyester Film-Aluminum Foil – Heat Seal lacquer
- Paper – Aluminum Foil – Heat Seal lacquer
- Polyester Film – Aluminum Foil-Heat Seal Lacquer
- Others (OPA-Aluminium Foil – PE, OPA –Aluminium Foil – PP)
Global Medical-grade foil market is segmented on the basis of packaging format type into:
- Blister pack
- Others (ampoules)
Global Medical-grade foil market is segmented on the basis of material type into:
Global Medical-grade foil market is segmented on the basis of packaging application into:
- Veterinary Solutions
- A detailed overview of Medical-Grade foil market
- Changing Medical-Grade foil market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth Medical-Grade foil market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected Medical-Grade foil market size regarding volume and value
- Recent Medical-Grade foil market trends and developments
- Competitive landscape for the global Medical-Grade foil market
- Strategies for key players in the Medical-Grade foil market and products offered
- Potential and niche segments in Medical-Grade foil market, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Medical-Grade foil market performance
- Must-have information for Medical-Grade foil market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Medical Grade Foil Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Medical Grade Foil Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Medical Grade Foil Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Medical Grade Foil Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)