This Monopropylene Glycol market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Monopropylene Glycol market.
Global Monopropylene Glycol: Introduction
Monopropylene glycol also known as propane-1,2-diol and MPG is a synthetic organic compound and a derivative of propylene oxide (PO) with a chemical formula C3H8O and CAS No. 57-55-6. Monopropylene glycol is a clear, colorless, viscous and odorless liquid. Monopropylene glycol is highly hygroscopic and is miscible with wide range of solvents including Ketones, water, ester, alcohols and amines, however it has limited miscibility with halogenated hydrocarbons. Monopropylene glycol is used across a wide range of industries owing to its low toxicity. One of the primary end use application of monopropylene glycol is as chemical intermediate in the production of unsaturated polyester resins which in turn are used to make paints and varnishes and everyday items such as bath tub, water/chemical tanks & pipes and small boats. Other end use applications of monopropylene glycol is as antifreezes, aircraft de-icers/anti-icers, industrial coolants and others. Pharma grade monopropylene glycol is used in food, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries. In food industry it is used for food coloring and flavoring, and as humectant food additive (E1520), it is also used in Pet Food/Animal Feed. In cosmetic and personal care industry it is mostly used as moisturizer. In pharmaceutical industry it is used as an excipient, and as a solvent. Owing to its properties it is used as ingredient in wide range of applications. Flourishing end use industries and positive economic perspective are expected to have positive impact on the growth of monopropylene glycol.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Monopropylene glycol is prominently used in the production of unsaturated polyester resins, the demand of unsaturated polyester resins is highly influenced by the trend in the construction industry. Positive outlook for the construction industry is expected to drive the demand for unsaturated polyester resins which in turn will propel the monopropylene glycol market over the forecast period. Increasing penetration of monopropylene glycol for anti-freeze application and de-icers in aircrafts as the freezing point of monopropylene glycol is depressed upon mixing with water. Further, it is also used as heat transfer liquid in industrial as well as food applications where direct contact with food or beverages might occur. Increasing demand for coolants from industries due to increasing automation and growing automotive industry is expected to drive the monopropylene glycol market over the forecast period.
Although there is no specific challenge or restraint associated with the monopropylene glycol market. However, due to hygroscopic nature of monopropylene glycol it require storage and transportation systems to be equipped with drying devices to protect from humidity. Further, pharma grade monopropylene glycol is regulated by stringent regulations and has to be in compliance with specifications of United States Pharmacopeia, Food Chemical Codex, Japanese Pharmacopoeia and European Pharmacopoeia regarding the quality and purity. Aforementioned points are some of the restraint which might hurdle the growth of monopropylene glycol market.
Rapid growing population along with rise of an affluent middle class has led to increasing demand of food and beverages. The growth of food and beverages industry is expected to be another driving factor for the growth monopropylene glycol market.
Global Monopropylene Glycol: Market Segmentation
Global Monopropylene Glycol Market: Regional Outlook
The Asia-Pacific Monopropylene Glycol market is expected to witness a significant growth during the forecast period owing to rapid urbanization and rapid industrialization. Furthermore, the growth in the region is mainly attributed to increasing investment in various industries such as automotive, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, construction and food & beverages in countries such as China and India. North America monopropylene glycol market is expected to be driven by rising investment in construction & infrastructure sector in U.S. along with the growth of pharmaceuticals and food & beverages industry. Increasing demand as anti-freezers and growing paint & coating and personal care industry in European countries is expected to be the key driving factor for the growth of European monopropylene glycol market over the near future.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Monopropylene Glycol Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The global monopropylene glycol market on the basis of grade can be segmented as:
- Industrial grade
- Pharma Grade
The global monopropylene glycol market on the basis of Production Method can be segmented as:
The global monopropylene glycol market on the basis of end use industries can be segmented as:
- Food Industry
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Paints & Coatings
- Others (Plastics, Detergents, etc.)
Global Monopropylene Glycol Market: Key Players
- Shell Chemicals
- The Dow Chemical Company
- LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- BAX Chemicals
- Airedale Chemical
- Chemtex Speciality Limited
- Banner Chemicals Limited
- Solventis Ltd
- TMK Packers NZ Ltd.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Monopropylene Glycol Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Monopropylene Glycol Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Monopropylene Glycol Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Monopropylene Glycol Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.