This 1 3 Butylene Glycol market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving 1 3 Butylene Glycol market.
1,3-Butylene Glycol (Mol. Formula: C4H10O2), also known as 1,3-Butanediol, is a colorless, viscous, and odorless organic compound. Industrially, 1,3-butylene glycol is produced through either the acetaldehyde condensation method or the fermentation method. 1,3-Butylene glycol has the reactivity of a diol, owing to which it is used in the production of plasticizers, unsaturated polyester resins and industrial dehydrating agents, among other products. It can also be used as a moisturizer and softener in textile, tobacco, paper, and food industries. 1,3-Butylene glycol has good hygroscopicity, low toxicity and good water solubility, owing to which it is used as a humectant and emollient in personal care and cosmetic products. Generally, 1,3-butylene glycol is extensively used in the formulation of hair care, skin-care and facemask cosmetic products. Thus, the growing demand for cosmetic and personal care products across the globe is the major driving factor for the growth of the 1,3-butylene glycol market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
In terms of production and consumption, the global 1,3-butylene glycol market is dominated by the Asia Pacific region, predominantly China and India. This can be mainly attributed to the increasing production and demand for personal care and cosmetic products in the region. Along with this, growing population, increasing per capita expenditure, rapid urbanization and changing lifestyle are some of the major factors positively influencing the demand for personal care products, which is subsequently leading to a rise in the demand for 1,3-butylene glycol. Moreover, the significant growth of polymer and plastic and paint and coating industries in the Asia pacific region largely fuels the growth of 1,3-butylene glycol market in the region. The Asia Pacific 1,3-butylene glycol market is expected to register healthy growth over the forecast period. North America, followed by Europe, is also a major consumer of 1,3-butylene glycol, owing to the substantial increase in demand from cosmetic, personal care, paint & coating and polymer industries in the region. With significant production capacities of cosmetics in Europe, especially in the U.K., Germany and France, the demand for 1,3-butylene glycol is expected to increase, owing to its application as an emollient and humectant in cosmetic products.
Stringent government regulations and the rising demand for bio-based chemicals in North America and Europe are the major factors providing impetus for the growth of the 1,3-butylene glycol market. Thus, Europe and North America 1,3-butylene glycol markets are expected to witness steady growth over the forecast period. On the other hand, Latin America and Middle East & Africa 1,3-butylene glycol markets are expected to register slow growth over the forecast period.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key 1 3 Butylene Glycol Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of synthesis, the global 1,3-butylene glycol market has been segmented into,
On the basis of function, the global 1,3-butylene glycol market has been segmented into,
On the basis of end use, the global 1,3-butylene glycol market has been segmented into,
- Paint & coating
The 1,3-butylene glycol market is a highly consolidated one with manufacturers adopting a forward integration strategy to cater to the increasing demand 1and expand their footprint in the global market. Some of the market participants identified across the value chain of the global 1,3-butylene glycol market include,
- Daicel Corporation
- Godavari Biorefineries Ltd.
- Shanghai Jinjin Industry Co., Ltd.
- Penta Manufacturing Company
- OXEA GmbH
- MMP Inc.
- Whyte Chemicals Limited
- Rita Corporation
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the 1 3 Butylene Glycol Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the 1 3 Butylene Glycol Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from 1 3 Butylene Glycol Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the 1 3 Butylene Glycol Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.