This Nfc Reader Ics market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Nfc Reader Ics market.
NFC Reader ICs Market: Introduction
The high preference for payment applications over card transactions has resulted in the emergence of the Near Field Communication or NFC technology. NFC reader ICs are the most important components for the effective functioning of the NFC technology. They are the active components in NFC transactions and can interact with NFC phones, read & write cards and tags, and enable communication between devices.
NFC Reader ICs Market: Drivers and Challenges
One of the major factors driving the NFC reader ICs market is the speedy and secure sharing of data. As the efficiency of FC reader ICs is increasing, the speed and security-related parameters of the NFC technology is also improving. This has increased the market for NFC and has been a major driver of the NFC reader ICs market for the usage of these components in different applications. Another driver of the NFC reader ICs market has been the increasing penetration of smartphones. Smartphones have become an important part of the lifestyle of consumers, and NFC can be enabled in these devices with the integration of NFC reader ICs. Hence, an increase in the penetration of the smartphones market in different regions is proportionally boosting the NFC reader ICs markets in the same regions.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
However, the availability of alternatives of NFC reader ICs in the market is among the factors restraining the market. Some of the alternatives of NFC reader ICs are UPI systems in India and mobile wallets, which offer better security as well a lower cost as compared to the NFC technology, and this is likely to hamper the growth of NFCs and ultimately restrain the growth of the NFC reader ICs market.
NFC Reader ICs Market: Key Players
Some of the key players of the NFC reader ICs market are: NXP Semiconductors, STMicroelectronics and Texas Instruments Incorporated, and some of the potential manufacturers that are likely to enter the NFC reader ICs market are Broadcom Inc., Qualcomm Inc., AMS AG, Marvell Technology Group Ltd., Sony Corp., Mstar Semiconductor Inc. and MediaTek Inc., among others.
NFC Reader ICs Market: Regional Overview
On the basis of geography, the NFC reader ICs market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, China, SEA & other APAC, Japan and Middle East & Africa. Among various regions, the Western Europe NFC reader ICs market has been a prominent market in terms of value, followed by the U.K. and Germany. Moreover, the NFC reader ICs market in North America is expected to be growing at the fastest rate due to an increase in the number of users of smartphones that are enabled with NFC reader ICs in the region. The NFC reader ICs market in Western Europe and North America is expected to be followed by the China and Japan NFC reader ICs markets. Since the maximum number of manufacturers of NFC reader ICs are based in North America and Western Europe, the NFC reader ICs market is expected to gain traction in these regions throughout the forecast period. This can be attributed to the low presence or absence of manufacturers of the same in other regions. The NFC reader ICs market in North America and Western Europe is expected to account for more than 50% of the total NFC reader ICs market.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- NFC Reader ICs Market Segments
- NFC Reader ICs Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2016
- NFC Reader ICs Market Size & Forecast 2017 To 2027
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- NFC Reader ICs Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- NFC Reader ICs Market Value Chain
- NFC Reader ICs Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for NFC Reader ICs Market includes
- North America Market
- Latin America Market
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe Market
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe Market
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- SEA and other APAC
- Australia and New Zealand (A&NZ)
- Rest of SEA and other APAC
- Middle East and Africa Market
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative, and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Nfc Reader Ics Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
NFC Reader ICs Market: Segmentation
The NFC reader ICs market is segmented based on NFC functionality, host interface, application, end-user and region.
On the basis of host interface, the NFC reader ICs market can be segmented into:
- Full NFC
- ISO/IEC 15693
- ISO/IEC 14443 Type A
- ISO/IEC 14443 Type A+B
On the basis of host interface, the NFC reader ICs market can be segmented into:
- I2C and SPI
- UART, I2C and SPI
- USB and UART
On the basis of application, the NFC reader ICs market can be segmented into:
On the basis of industry, the NFC reader ICs market can be segmented into:
- Media & Entertainment
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Nfc Reader Ics Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Nfc Reader Ics Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Nfc Reader Ics Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Nfc Reader Ics Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.