Radiotherapy Patient Positioning Accessories Market - Key Research Findings
- Global radiotherapy patient positioning accessories market size in 2018 – Approximately US$ 489.3 Mn.
- The radiotherapy patient positioning accessories is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% over 2018-2028.
- North America and Europe are expected to remain leading regional markets for radiotherapy patient positioning accessories.
- North America and Europe are the most significant regional markets for radiotherapy patient positioning accessories manufacturers.
- Early adoption of advanced technologies, rapidly improving rate of adoption of radiotherapy, and the presence of a large number of leading manufacturers in these regions will continue to attribute for primacy of developed regional markets in the radiotherapy patient positioning accessories landscape.
- Couch tops and overlays are expected to represent the most preferred type of radiotherapy patient positioning accessories in the global market.
- The growth of this segment is primarily attributed to the global growth of the radiotherapy market, which is receiving a strong collective push from the improving rate of adoption of radiation therapy, favorable reimbursements for radiotherapy, and increasing cases of early diagnosis of cancers.
Top 3 Factors Shaping the Radiotherapy Patient Positioning Accessories Market
Advanced Radiotherapy Devices to Boost Scope of Penetration for Radiotherapy Patient Positioning Accessories
Radiation therapy is generally a two-step process: Imaging for planning and radiotherapy. The radiation oncologist uses a CT scan image to visualise the tumour and its surrounding area to plan the radiation treatment. Imaging is also used during the course of the treatment to ensure that the treatment is targeted towards cancer.
According to the National Cancer Institute, US, CT scans are to be used according to the norms, however, MRI, ultrasound, and PET scans can also be used. Manufactures of radiotherapy devices are focusing on combining the two steps of radiation therapy. With the development of such devices, the need for the development of radiotherapy patient positioning accessories that are compatible with new devices also continues to increase, driving the growth of global market.
Increasing Number of Partnerships to Trend in Radiotherapy Patient Positioning Accessories Market
In the light of fragmented nature of the radiotherapy patient positioning market landscape, partnerships are likely to create significant opportunities for the growth of these companies within the market. Most companies in the radiotherapy patient positioning accessories market thus remain focused on establishing strong collaborations with selective peer companies, resulting in a stronger network of manufacturers and distributors.
While smaller companies are benefiting from strategic collaborations, as their distribution partnerships with larger companies are helping them boost product reach in market and leverage the latter’s experience in the industry. Acquisitions and mergers are also likely to emerge as preferred strategies among prominent players active in radiotherapy patient positioning accessories market.
Early Cancer Diagnosis to Provide Impetus to Sales of Radiotherapy Patient Positioning Accessories
The installed base of radiation therapy machines has increased significantly over the past decade. Increasing reimbursement and other government policies for cancer care are likely to boost access to radiation therapy. Increasing number of cases of cancers has been fueling the installed base of radiotherapy machines within APAC’s market, which is expected to gain strong support from the rapidly climbing rate of early diagnosis.
Emerging markets are underequipped to deal with the growing number of cancer patients that further translates into the need for improved clinical efficiency and modern equipment, in addition to treatment solutions. As low- to middle-income countries are recently gaining more access to westernized cancer diagnostic facilities and technologies, the rate of cancer diagnosis is also rising, subsequently driving demand for radiotherapy patient positioning accessories.
Radiotherapy Patient Positioning Accessories Market Structure Analysis
- The global radiotherapy patient positioning accessories market is characterized by several small independent companies.
- Most of the key players maintain a strategic focus on the development of distribution partnerships and new product launches.
- Qfix, one of the recognized medical device innovators, recently announced the validation of their revolutionary couch top - kVue™ One, with multiple radiation oncology treatments and software systems of Varian Medical Systems. The rail-less design of the new couch top is equipped with a real-time motion tracker, and allows effortless delivery of the targeted plan of treatment.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Radiotherapy Patient Positioning System – Bringing Comfort and Cure on the Same Page
Minimally invasive procedures have been acquiring a position of prominence in radiotherapies, as patients and comfort-focused care gain eccentricity. Effectiveness of patient positioning equipment in radiotherapy to achieve immobilization of patients and accuracy have been offering tangents to their adoption. High prevalence of cancer has broadened the scope for the medical insurance companies that strive to make radiotherapy fiscally sound for patients, thereby forming a large consumer base for the landscape.
Market is Poised to Grow 1.6X Between 2018 and 2028
Reflection of economic development on the healthcare industry is loosening the investment strings to underpin enhancements in conventional radiotherapy with radiotherapy devices. Efforts of manufacturers geared towards distinguishing their products by attributing high quality and accuracy encircled by patient-centric care indicate an upward trend in the adoption of a radiotherapy patient positioning system.
Surge in financial coverage plans for hospitals that cushion the purchasing of treatment equipment to set the growth of radiotherapy patient positioning system landscape on the right track.
North America Benefits from the Early Slice of Radiotherapy Patient Positioning System Landscape
Innate characteristic of North America to adopt contemporary technologies in their primitive stage is boding well for the growth of the radiotherapy patient positioning landscape. Fragmented nature of the landscape has given a boost to the trends of distribution partnerships in North America for achieving two-way benefits. Demand for customized treatment devices ascending from hospitals and clinics are catered by manufacturers, which has in turn created an opportunity for the growth of radiotherapy patient positioning system.
Cancer Research Institutes Remain the First Point of Care for Cancer Patients
Cancer research institutes are dedicated users of radiotherapy patient positioning systems and their concentration has been on a rise in both developed as well as developing countries, which translates into new opportunities for the landscape. Hospitals have been exhibiting high growth in the demand for radiotherapy patient positioning systems as awareness regarding the treatment of cancer increases.
By Product Type
- Couch Tops & Overlays
- Immobilization System
- Head Rest
- Spacers & Wedges
- Arm & Wrist Supports
- Thermoplastic Masks & Sheets
- Locating & Indexing Bar
- Bite Positioner
By End User
- Radiation/Proton Therapy Centers
- Cancer Research Institutes
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa