This Patient Portals market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Patient Portals market.
Patient Portal services are available 24*7 via which a patient can view his/her recent doctor visits, discharge summaries, allergies, medications, immunizations and lab results. The benefits of using patient portals is that it enhances patient-provider communication, support care between visits, empower patients and improve patient outcomes. Patient Portals are beneficial for the doctor too; it increases their productivity as they can have a quick overview of the patient’s medical history before examining them, which saves a lot of time because the doctor doesn’t need to go through stacks of files to understand the medical history of the patient; he/she can view it over the patient portal. Few advanced patient portals also allow patients to exchange email with their healthcare team, schedule non-urgent appointments, make payments, download forms, update their contact information and check benefits and coverage.
The healthcare providers which offer Patient Portals are also HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) compliant which was issued by U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). According to this act an individual’s health information is properly protected and at the same time adequate flow of health information is provided to health providers to protect public’s health and well-being. Hence, it strikes a balance between providing information to providers and maintaining privacy of patients which is an added advantage to the patient portals market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Patient Portals usage can be increased by making the patient a part of the health care team. This can be done by encouraging patient portals access by receptionist at the time of check in, nurse or medical assistant taking vitals and physician during examination. Also, the patient can be empowered by educating them on how to use the patient portals and the various benefits of using it, which will encourage the patient to visit the patient portals frequently.
Patient Portals Market: Drivers and Challenges
Patient Portals market is expected to rise in the future due to factors such as: increase in demand due to ease in usage, advancements in technology which helps the key market players in upgrading their offerings, growing demand of electronic health record (EHR) and positive government funding policies.
There are various features which are added into the patient portals in the recent years, which has been one of the driving factors for users (both doctor and patient) adopting it. Patient can view their entire medical history on this patient portal, which is convenient as compared to flipping through several files. Also, the patient can check their appointment details, history and make payments through these patient portals.
In addition to this, Patient Portals is gaining popularity among the elderly population as they can be accessed from home on a 24 hour basis. Hence, they find it easier to view their medical records over the patient portal rather than visiting a hospital or a clinic frequently.
Some of the challenges faced by Patient Portals market is data security. Though health providers are gradually following the HIPPA privacy act, patients are still reluctant to use it as they are scared of their personal information being leaked through these Patient Portals. Also, patients are still not very open to making use of patient portals because they are not aware of all its features. Hence, patient portals is not of much use to the provider, if the patient hasn’t filled in appropriate information.
Patient Portals Market: Segmentation
Key Market Players
The major players present in the Patient Portals Market are Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc., athenahealth, Inc., McKesson Corporation, Greenway Health, LLC, eClinicalWorks, Epic Systems Corporation, Cerner Corporation, NextGen Healthcare Information Systems, LLC, CureMD, Medfusion, Inc., GE Healthcare, InteliChart and ZH Healthcare LLC..
Currently North America is dominating the Patient Portals Market due to rising number of care organizations in U.S., government policies related to healthcare in U.S. and Canada’s effort to enhance their healthcare sector and to digitize it. Europe and Asia Pacific also account for a considerable share of the patient portals market. Europe patient portals market is expected to expand at the highest growth rate due to technological advancements and increasing popularity of online patient portals.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Patient Portals Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Segmentation On The Basis Of Type:
- Standalone Patient Portals: These are standalone websites that sells its services to healthcare providers
- Integrated Patient Portals: There are integrated with commercial websites of healthcare providers
Segmentation On The Basis Of Delivery Mode:
- Web-Based Delivery Patient Portals
- Cloud-Based Delivery Patient Portals
Segmentation On The Basis Of End-User:
- Others (Employer Groups and Government Bodies)
Patient Portals Market Segments
- Patient Portals Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Patient Portals Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Value Chain
- Patient Portals Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Patient Portals Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Patient Portals Market includes development of these systems in the following regions:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Patient Portals Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Patient Portals Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Patient Portals Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Patient Portals Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.