This Bariatric Patient Room market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Bariatric Patient Room market.
There is a significant increase in the number of bariatric admissions to healthcare facilities in the United States. This has led to a challenging time for healthcare providers and facilities that are trying hard to provide much needed care to bariatric patients that is effective, dignified and safe for both the patient and the care provider. Hence, while designing new hospitals and retrofitting the existing ones, care is taken to ensure that bariatric patients are accommodated. The facilities that the bariatric patient room market offers are designated bariatric rooms with adjoining bariatric toilet rooms, non-corridor doors, operating tables with 600 pounds weight limits, CT scanners with a bariatric tables and special 600 and 1000 pounds patient lifts in the ICU.
While there are no specific guidelines for designing bariatric patient rooms, some best practices have been conceptualized by the architects and designers to ensure that bariatric patients are comfortable in their stay in a healthcare facility. Owing to the obesity epidemic in the United States, the average size patient for whom hospitals should be designing now weighs 330 pounds. However, while designing healthcare facilities for bariatric patients, this measurement increases to 1000 pounds. So with the awareness about Bariatric patient room design increasing, there is a lot of scope for a boom in the bariatric patient room market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Hospitals all across the United States are struggling to serve an increasing number of obese patients, and are adopting new design guidelines to accommodate such kind of patients. This has led to a sharp focus on bariatric patient room market that is poised to show a robust growth. In addition, going through a bariatric surgery has become relatively necessary for people who are obese and overweight. Due to the increasing prevalence of obesity in developed western countries, the awareness about bariatric surgery has increased. This has generated a need for conducive environment for bariatric patients in the healthcare facilities where there every need is met easily and they are comfortable during their surgery and recovery phase.
In order to treat bariatric patients, healthcare providers must invest in equipment, furniture and renovation that support heavier patients. The median estimated cost of obesity related renovations is $100,000. However, such costs are being recovered by the hospitals through the increase in popularity of bariatric surgeries, and Medicare reimbursements. Also, equipment inventory cost is recovered within 6 months. All this contributes to the growing bariatric patient room market.
Bariatric Patient Room Market: Restraints
While most healthcare facilities recognize the need to modify existing spaces and create better spaces to support an increasing bariatric patient population, there is no specific minimum weight requirement or code to follow. What complicates the matter further is the fact that there is a complete lack of a standard for what defines a bariatric patient. In addition, rates of obesity vary from region to region, making it difficult to cater to requirements that would be applicable universally. Apart from this, it should be noted that caring for obese and overweight patients cost an average of 37% more than treatment of non-obese patients.
Bariatric Patient Room Market: Key Regions
As per the available data, the North America bariatric surgery market was the largest in 2014, with increasing amount of investment by both the government and the industry to counter the ill effects caused by obesity. Also, the initiatives by the United States government in the healthcare sector makes the North American bariatric patient room market lucrative. Obesity is also increasing at an alarming rate in Europe, making it a growing market for bariatric patient rooms. Asia Pacific is the fastest growing market for bariatric surgery and hence the market for bariatric patient rooms is also gaining huge traction.
Bariatric Patient Room Market: Key Market Players
The bariatric patient room market is growing fast, however it is not dominated by one key player in particular. Some of the important companies in the field of bariatric market in the United States are Hill-Rom, Nemschoff, Brayton, NewCare, Stryker Medical, Softcare and a few others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, types and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Bariatric Patient Room Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Bariatric Patient Room Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Bariatric Patient Room Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Bariatric Patient Room Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Bariatric Patient Room Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)