This Bariatric Transport Wheelchairs market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Bariatric Transport Wheelchairs market.
It is estimated that obesity is affecting 1/3 of the North American population, which translates into 58 million people approximately. Various studies have shown that in the United States, almost 25% of the people with disabilities were obese as compared to 15% of people without disabilities. It is evident that at a certain weight, even people with normal strength are not able to functionally propel a wheelchair. Since rolling resistance is related to weight, a person with disability and who is obese will require greater strength to propel a manual wheelchair.
The number of people using wheelchairs in the United States is estimated to be around 2.2 million. Worldwide, it is estimated that 100-130 million people with disabilities need wheelchairs, however, less than 10% have access to one. Experts predict that the number of people who need wheelchairs will increase by 22% during the next ten years. In the United States, there are over 170 wheelchair manufacturers, and there total reported income was $1.33 billion. However, out of these, only five companies reported sales greater than $100 million. The wheelchair market is expected to exhibit a robust growth. This growth is due to the ageing baby boomers, growing life span and a rapidly ageing population. In the United States, wheelchairs account for about 1% of Medicare spending. Thus, it is evident that bariatric transport wheelchairs market is poised to exhibit a sustained growth in the coming decade.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Due to the fact that about one third of the North American population is now obese, wheelchair manufacturers are still reacting slowly to the demand for bariatric mobility equipment, thus providing opportunities for new players in the market. It is estimated that bariatric products are going to be the fastest growing mobility aid segment in the near future. All this could lead to a greater product innovation and intense competition in the bariatric transport wheelchair market. The power wheelchair systems possess a front wheel drive, centre wheel drive and rear wheel drive. This fulfils the demand for different driving handling characteristics under varying conditions. Such type of bariatric transport wheelchairs can be used both in the indoor and outdoor environments.
Typically, bariatric transport wheelchairs are used for individuals who weigh over 250 pounds and who have a BMI of greater than 25. Such kind of wheelchairs are built to handle the additional mass to custom products that can accommodate people weighing up to 1000 pounds. One of the significant mobility challenges for individuals using the bariatric transport wheelchair is the additional width of the wheelchair, which in some cases is as much as 60 inches. In view of the favourable healthcare policies of the United States government, reimbursement is driving the power wheelchair market. In addition, due to a rapidly aging population, more people are frail and need assistance for mobility. Power wheelchair market was valued at $1.5 billion in the year 2015 and is expected to reach $2.4 billion in 2022.
Bariatric Transport Wheelchairs Market: Restraints
Even though the market is recognizing the need for bariatric transport wheelchairs, there are some restrains affecting the growth in this segment. These include a lack of skilled training and knowledge to handle obese patients and there is a lack of caregivers in this particular segment. In addition, there are no specific minimum weight requirements or code to follow in the manufacturing of bariatric transport wheelchairs.
Bariatric Transport Wheelchairs: Key Regions
North America and Europe are the most lucrative markets for bariatric transport wheelchairs. Factors such as increasing rates of non-communicable diseases leading to disability and a growing epidemic of obesity are contributing factors driving the growth of bariatric transport wheelchairs market in these regions. In addition, government regulations in the healthcare arena are giving more people access to bariatric transport wheelchairs. The Asia Pacific region is also exhibiting a robust growth in the bariatric transport wheelchairs market.
Bariatric Transport Wheelchairs Market: Key Market Players
21st Century Scientific Inc., Drive Medical Design and Manufacturing, GF Health Products Inc., Invacare Corporation and Karman Healthcare are the key market players in North America.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, types and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Bariatric Transport Wheelchairs Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Bariatric Transport Wheelchairs Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Bariatric Transport Wheelchairs Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Bariatric Transport Wheelchairs Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Bariatric Transport Wheelchairs Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)