This Transportation Aggregators market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Transportation Aggregators market.
Transportation of people, goods, and animal is very important aspect in the current’s era. Transportation aggregator is an entity which offers a selection of transportation services as core business either as a stand-alone providers or through partnerships solving numerous cascading problems of transportation. Transportation aggregation includes all the passenger vehicles such as cars, buses, and aircrafts, logistic vehicles such as trucks, ships, and other commercial vehicles. A transportation aggregator can be a public or private entity providing transportation service for roadways, railways, airways, and waterways. Transportation aggregation service is generally availed through online portal; however, currently the market has seen the introduction of several companies providing transportation aggregation services platforms in a form mobile applications.
With multiple ways to reach destination, it is very difficult at times for a passenger to find out the most economical and convenient way to travel. Transportation aggregators are shortening the gap between traveler and transportation service providers. Taxi hailing mobile applications are creating disruption in the transportation aggregators market as these companies are serving day to day commuting need of passengers with very reasonable cost and additionally providing features such as payments options, car sharing, and fare splitting. There are more than 30 mobile applications available for taxi aggregation across the world. Uber Technologies Inc. (Uber), Beijing Xiaoju Keji Co., Ltd. (Didi Dache), Lyft Inc, ANI Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (Ola Cabs), GrabTaxi Pte Ltd Block (Grab Taxi), Bla Bla Car, and Gett are some of the leading taxi aggregators in the world.
Stockholders of Transportation Aggregation
- Transport Service Providers
- Software Developers and IT Companies
- Mobile Wallet and Payment Gateways
- Third Party Vehicle Owners
Transportation Aggregators Market: Drivers and Challenges
The inexorable technological advancements in the space of smartphones and internet is driving the growth of the global transportation aggregators market. Several online portal and mobile applications of transportations are providing ease of booking tickets in train, and airplane, booking taxi and delivery of goods to consumers. These transportation aggregators provide various payment options such as secure online payment and cash on delivery. Another driving factors of transportation aggregator market is huge reduction in cost of commuting and delivery of goods. It is due to increasing competitive rivalry in the transportation aggregators market. Increasing venture capitalist investments in the transportation aggregators market is one of the primary factors which has enabled the transportation providers to offer huge discounts to the consumers/passengers in order to retain them. However, the market is currently witnessing cash churning which is expected to be one of the major issue for the companies backed by venture investments in the future.
Transportation aggregation rules and regulation vary from country to country, making operations very complex for transportation aggregators. Transportation aggregators are more or less only present in metro cities of the world. Entering to tier 3, tier 4 and tier 5 cities of the world is still a significant challenge for the transportation aggregators.
Transportation Aggregators Market: Segmentation
Transportation aggregators market on the basis of mode of transportation:
Roads are main mean of transportations. Majority of the companies in transportation aggregators market are providing the roadways transport aggregation services. Road transportation is used to transmit goods over short and medium distances by motor vehicles. Several taxi hailing companies including Uber and Ola are funded with millions of dollars to run their operations, making roadways the biggest transportation aggregation market. Roadways transportation aggregation services are provided by both private and public entities.
High volumes of heavy cargos are generally transported through railways over long distance. Railways are more convenient and secure mode of transportation within a country. Generally, railways transportation aggregation service is provided by country’s national government; however, in certain regions, railways transportation service is also handled by private entities, especially for intercity transportation.
Airways are more prominent ways of transportation for intra-country transportation. Airways are used for both transportation of passengers and goods. For passenger transportation, various online portals are available which aggregate the airlines services. Air Transport International provides separate online services for transportation of goods.
Seaways include carrier, seaports, terminals, and labor involved in the movement of cargo and passenger by water. Seaways segment accounts for largest percentage share in terms of value for transportation of cargo amongst the 4 modes of transportation of goods.
The transportation and logistics industry is highly competitive in North America. Silicon Valley is witnessing success of taxi aggregator Uber across the world which is currently ranked world’s top startup and valued around US$ 51 billion in 2016, according to Business Insider. The highly integrated supply chain network of countries such as U.S. and Canada are paving the way for growth of transportation aggregators market.
With increasing awareness about supply chain innovations, transportation and logistics service providers are looking to redesign the supply chain network and are intensively focusing on calculating the security risk associated with passengers and goods which is also contributing in the growth of transportation aggregators market.
Global dynamics change, and change in trending patterns are putting direct impact on transportation aggregators market in the European region. Middle East and Africa and Latin America region are at the nascent stage; however, transportation aggregators are slowly and gradually expanding their business and paving the way for revenue growth in these regions.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
Transportation Aggregators Market Segments
- Transportation Aggregators Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Transportation Aggregators Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Transportation Aggregators Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Transportation Aggregators Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Transportation Aggregators Market includes development of these systems in the following regions:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of the Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of the Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (A&NZ)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- The Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Transportation Aggregators Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Transportation Aggregators Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Transportation Aggregators Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Transportation Aggregators Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Transportation Aggregators Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Transportation Aggregators Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.