This Reconditioned Packaging market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Reconditioned Packaging market.
Reconditioned Packaging Market: Overview
The primary aim of all packaging is to provide maximum protection and reduce wastage during transportation and storage. The industrial packaging products such as drums and IBCs are reconditioned to maintain high level of product safety with increasing environmental performance through enabling reuse. Many key players are moving towards reconditioned packaging, as it helps to reduce cost of manufacturing. With the help of reconditioned packaging, the manufacturers are renovating the packaging product and increasing its life expectancy. SERRED - the European organization of 14 countries and 28 corporate members, is continuously working for reconditioned packaging and its members are reconditioning rigid packaging solutions over 12 million steel and plastic drums and over 3 million IBCs per year. According to the Industrial Packaging Association IPA, it is essential to select proper material for reconditioner which provides efficient performance of the packaging. Hence, in UK it is mandatory for the reconditioning of both steel drums and plastic drums to meet exact standard of UN and ADR for transport of dangerous goods as per the scheme given by Department for Transport UK, operated through the VCA. As many manufacturers are inclined towards potential ecological and economic advantage of reconditioned packaging, it is expected that the global market of reconditioned packaging will increase exponentially during the forecast period.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Reconditioned Packaging Market: Dynamics
The fueling factor for driving the global market of reconditioned packaging is an emergence of sustainable, reusable and recyclable packaging for the products. The demand for reconditioned packaging is increasing because it saves energy and carbon emission through repeated reconditioning. Reconditioned packaging is considered as green alternative solution. Increasing opportunities for the growth of reconditioned packaging is witnessed as it reduces waste material landfills. Also it saves resources when compared to new product manufacturing. Hence Reusability is another driving factor for reconditioned packaging market.
The growth of reconditioned packaging market might slow down because of the technological upgradation.
The key trends supporting to increasing opportunities for reconditioned packaging market includes 3Rs, downgaugin, safety, and optimizing packaging shape. The 3Rs- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle, controls the environmental impact by reducing carbon footprints. Whereas downgauging and optimizing packaging size helps to reconditioned product packaging with minimum material assuring good safety.
In August 2018, Cleveland, Ohio based North Coast Container company is acquired by General Steel Drum LLC. GSD followed this acquisistion for enhancing its services in terms of new steel drum, reconditioned drum and IBCs.
In June 2018, Industrial Containers Services, LLC is acquired by Centerbridge Partners, LP, a leading private investment firm. ICS is the largest provider of reconditioned container services in North America.
Reconditioned Packaging Market: Regional Outlook
Reconditioned packaging technology is accepted worldwide due to its increasing benefits. As per the survey (in 2016) done by Reusable Industrial Packaging association (RIPA), a U.S. based association manufacturer, reconditioner, and distributor of industrial containers such as drums and IBCs, the number of steel drum scrapped is decreased by 46%. The total reconditioned and remanufactured steel drum in U.S. is more than 27,601,000. In North America, United States market is expected to be the major key player followed by Asia Pacific. In China and India, lucrative opportunities for growing reconditioned packaging market is observed as industrial chemical packaging market is growing rapidly. Increasing industrialization and ecofriendly packaging demand in the European market, the reconditioned market is expected to increase exponentially during the forecast period. The
Reconditioned Packaging Market: Key Players
The key players of reconditioned packaging market are as follows:
- North Coast Container Corp.
- Metal Drum Co Ltd/The
- Industrial Container Services, Inc.
- InSight Packaging
- Mauser Packaging Solution
- Myers Container
- Ebullient Packaging Pvt Ltd.
- Balmer Lawrie (UAE)
The Reconditioned Packaging Market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Regional analysis includes –
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Reconditioned Packaging Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Reconditioned Packaging Market: Segmentation
Reconditioned packaging market is segmented on the basis of product type, reconditioning process, and end use.
On the basis of Product Type, the reconditioned packaging market is classified as:
- Reconditioned steel drum
- Reconditioned Intermediate Bulk Containers (IBCs)
- Reconditioned plastic drum
On the basis of Reconditioning Process, the reconditioned packaging market is classified as:
- Thermal Process
- Aquatic Process
- Chemical Process
- Pneumatic Process
On the basis of End Use, the reconditioned packaging market is classified as:
- Chemical and Petroleum
- Food and Beverages
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Reconditioned Packaging Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Reconditioned Packaging Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Reconditioned Packaging Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Reconditioned Packaging Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)